Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
let me see your incubators
    #1166140 - 12/24/02 01:48 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

just as the post reads im currently experimenting with a 78 qt cooler and a fish tank heater, its extremly warm and humidity is high, any suggestion about dealing with the extra water with this setup?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Re: let me see your incubators [Re: MickyFinn]
    #1166178 - 12/24/02 02:17 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

none of you kidz have an incubator?  i find it hard to believe :shocked:

OfflineBruiser
Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Loc: Hell
    #1166183 - 12/24/02 02:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

incubator
My friend uses the same design as the one in the link. He's never had any problems, and it keeps a constant temp.  :wink:
-Bruiser 

--------------------
-I put the chrome to your dome

OfflineNirvhead
-State of Art-

Loc: WA State, USA
    #1166264 - 12/24/02 02:55 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I have a crude setup: Double insulated ice chest, fishtank heater in an apple juice bottle filled with water and H2O2, and a thermometer with probe. No holes cut in the box, I just shut the lid on the heater cord and the thermometer probe. The temperature of the water stays a constant 82 degree F., but the rest of the box is only at 77.5 or so. What I'd like to know is how to knock up the temperature a little bit (the heater is already set to it's max, which is 92 degrees) - Perhaps a fan inside to move the air around the heated water?

--------------------
Like a fiend in a cloud
With howling woe,
After night I do croud
And with night will go;
I turn my back to the east,
From whence comforts have increas'd;
For light doth seize my brain
With frantic pain.

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Re: let me see your incubators [Re: Nirvhead]
    #1166274 - 12/24/02 02:58 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

how large is the container? and what is the overall temp of your house, i think that has a lot to do with it. i need to get a thermometer so i can find out what the temp is in my little project

OfflineNirvhead
-State of Art-

Loc: WA State, USA
    #1166332 - 12/24/02 03:27 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The dimensions of the box are approximately: 22" wide, 13" tall, 13" deep. House temperature varies. Right now the heaters are set low, so it's about 70 degrees, give or take a little. At first I turned the heat up in the room my incubator is in to about 80 degrees, but my 3-week-old baby was getting too hot so I had to turn it back down.

--------------------
Like a fiend in a cloud
With howling woe,
After night I do croud
And with night will go;
I turn my back to the east,
From whence comforts have increas'd;
For light doth seize my brain
With frantic pain.

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Re: let me see your incubators [Re: Nirvhead]
    #1166338 - 12/24/02 03:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

pretty large container to keep the temps at where you want them, but it would be a perfect fruiting chamber for you. temperture and humidity would be easier to control. does anyone else care to share there incubating secrets, failures and successes?

Edited by MickyFinn (12/24/02 03:33 AM)

Offlinedefthreat
xxx
 User Gallery

#1166347 - 12/24/02 03:40 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm using the fishtank heater method and I find that the easiest way to keep the jars at the same temp as the water is to put a heavy towel over the top of all the jars etc... I've also used many different size rubbermaids for my incubators (keep getting bigger  :tongue:

OfflineSillycybe
Sillycybe

#1166485 - 12/24/02 04:36 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Do you just have one tub, with water in the bottom??
If so......
Try using two tubs, The first with about 3-4 inches of water in the bottom, and the heater(has to be submergible), Put the second tub inside the first. This will make the entire second tub heated and slightly humidified by the first.
If not.....Well, I tried. Hope it helped.

--------------------
"Some say we'll see armagedon soon...I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation."

OfflineSillycybe
Sillycybe

Re: let me see your incubators [Re: Sillycybe]
    #1166489 - 12/24/02 04:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Rubbermaid tubs, work best. And they are cheap.

--------------------
"Some say we'll see armagedon soon...I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation."

Anonymous

#1166500 - 12/24/02 04:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If you're troubled about the humidity caused by having exposed water where your heater is immersed, I suggest using two stacked tubs - fill the bottom one with about and inch or so of water and put the heater in there, then put your chamber (same sized tub) in that.

If you are just talking about humidity caused by the casing or whatever, a nice fanning will do :smile:

Anonymous

Re: let me see your incubators [Re: Anonymous]
    #1166518 - 12/24/02 04:49 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I use my cheap ass styrofoam one if my freezer is full.

cheap one all there is a heat pad on high it stays around 82 to 87 degrees, then there is big bitch.

I have 2 of these setup one is a growing chamber.both are in my basement work kick ass.

here's a small dormroom size incubator. I got 6 of these from the Holiday Inn here in town they had a Auction I got all of them for 3 dollars. I seen them and said they would work.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1166529 - 12/24/02 04:55 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

you can put a bubbler in the water, near the heater, for agitation. your incubating microbes live in a second rubbermaid nested inside.

here's a picture of what the inside-outside of my firstborn looks like, using a smaller 16x12x10 tub http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=1154903&Forum=Forum2&Words=problem%20solved&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=100&Old=3months&Main=1148963&Search=true#Post1154903

i hope you find the solution to your query (i know this isn't it! it was an excuse to proudly show off my baby :wink:)     

--------------------
buh

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1166541 - 12/24/02 05:02 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

stealth

in my dresser , i made a hole in the back to run a line for the heating pad to connect to my outlet behind my whole dresser. ran the line into the canning jar box put jars in the little spaces those caning jar people give you when you purchase your jars. heating pad is on bottom with a hand towel to keep it from getting too hot and providing extra insulation for incubation.

and just for shits and giggles here's a fruiting chamber i made out of piecing together thick cardboard and lining it with plastic and overlaping to seal with staples and duct tape over. i probably wont use this till i really need it, like with a casing or like a couple cakes.

--------------------
What?

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Re: let me see your incubators [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1166722 - 12/24/02 06:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

this is becoming quite interesting, i see a lot of you like the two tub incubating system. at one time i had space to turn my whole closet into an incubator

i loved this setup, i could control the temp with a space heater and i kept it at 80 during incubation, id put all my jars on the top shelf, the rising heat made it atleast 3 to 4 degrees warmer. does anyone else have any stealth incubators? my current space as of now limits me to what i can do until the spring when i can go outdoors. im pretty happy with what im using now, but the extra humidity is a concern. im going to put foil around the vase lid to see if that can reduce humidity. ill get a picture of my incubator soon.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix