Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Anyone help a newbie with Straw Tek??
    #11639 - 04/07/00 09:38 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

quote:
I'm going to use Ecuadorians (sp?) Good strain for straw?

You know, if these Ecuadorians are the same P.Cubensis.Ecuadorian that Stamets played around with in the early 1980's then per his experiments they grow their best on freshly prepared mushroom compost.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #11641 - 04/08/00 07:09 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

i'd recommed the hawaiian from pf. it rips thru birdseed, very hardy and rhizomorphic. faster than the Eq.

------------------
your mileage may vary.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Invisiblerebelmoon
enthusiast
    #11642 - 04/08/00 02:26 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

i like b+ and golden teacher, although im sure most strains will work fine. i suggest you go with workman (sporeworks).
if you have not grown before then dont use straw. you may be enticed by higher yields, but i recommend starting out easy. that means pf tek. or if you have the resources (a pressure canner and sterility) go w/ rye grain. although i also recommend obaining a pure culture before using rye. this means agar.
honestly, pf tek will get you mushrooms fastest with less of a risk of fucking up. you should do pf tek but case 1/2 or your cakes to experiment with casing. after you master pf tek and casing, then try agar. after you do agar and have a pure strain, try whole grain or birdseed. after that, THEN try straw.
even if you are successful with straw your first time out, you wont understand the mushroom growing process very well and probably will have trouble repeating your results. if you take the steps to understand mushroom cultivation then you will be able to get high yields repeatedly regardless of you tek or substrate.
-daniel.

--------------------
"habit is the ballast that chains the dog to its vomit" - s beckett

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

#11643 - 04/09/00 12:15 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

They grow very well on cased straw. I use a whole brownrice/vermiculite/birdseed, 1:1:1 substrate to spawn spores, then transfer that to pastuerized straw. The EQ's grow well in large flushes, nice and potent too. Make sure you case the straw though it really makes a difference in my opinion.

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck