Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Contaimed myco-bag
    #1163458 - 12/22/02 08:34 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well guys the myco-bags are both defently contaimed with that sour rot shit,I checked the bags today and it smelled very bad,I mean very rotten apple smell,to strong to realy want to smell!
I took pics but haven't even got them ready to post yet,maye tomrow!
So whats next!
Is there somthing easier then the myco-bags?
I know of one place in the US that I e-mailed about pre-sterilized jars,and those were like $59 for 6 ready to injected jars,and for another $35 you can have them inject the jars with the strain of your choice and then once they are 75% colonized they ship them to you,this sounds like a realy simple fool proof plan to get shrooms but it isen't going to be cheap and I won't have that much to spend,well proably would but I bet it will be atleast $120 with shipping the 6, 75% colonized jars,and that alot I think,but they are almost colonized so you could probably have shrooms withen a couple week of opening the box?
What do you think guys?
Can you think of a cheaper or easier way to grow shrooms then a myco-bag or pre-injected jars?
Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island
Re: Contaimed myco-bag [Re: livingsublime]
    #1163475 - 12/22/02 08:58 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Man, stop wasting extra money. Just go with the old fashioned pf tek. You might lose a few jars from contams, but you really need to get that process down if you want to have a future in this hobby. I was really kinda intimidated when i first started, worrying about contams, and not doing things right. I followed the pf tek very closely, and i ended up coming out of my first try with 12 out of 12 jars fully colonized and healthy. Now thats not typical, but really the sky is the limit in this, if you pay close attention to detail. Well, whatever you decide i wish you only the best of luck. Have fun, and be safe.

--------------------

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Contaimed myco-bag [Re: Floydseamus]
    #1163494 - 12/22/02 09:27 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the info!
I don't know if I want to start out with exspensive pc and stuff though!
What about buying just reafy to inject jars,if I can get them cheaper then $50-$60?
This seems like it would be a good idea,because I woulden't need to but a pc and all the other stuff,I would just need a syring and I have plenty of those for now,and I would need some ready to inject jars.
I am going to look around real quick and see if I can find some cheaper place for the jars.
Thanks for the help!

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island
Re: Contaimed myco-bag [Re: livingsublime]
    #1163506 - 12/22/02 09:35 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You dont have to have a pc. All you need is a pot big enough to fit some jars in, with a lid. Thats what i use and it has worked out well for me. For the price you are paying for 6 jars, you could have 12+. And have plenty of material to make more and more and more after you birth the first ones. Either way, good luck.

--------------------

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: Contaimed myco-bag [Re: Floydseamus]
    #1163541 - 12/22/02 10:17 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Definitely, if not for anything else, use the PF-Tek to at least witness the growing cycle. These instant grow kits are bullshit.......unnecessary waste of money.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies