Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKevin_X2
Clyde Frog
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
House Inspection!
    #11604174 - 12/07/09 03:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So, i just got an email that states my landlord is going to enter our house during the christmas break and change the furnace filter and "inspect the house." What im wondering is, can he legitimately go into my locked bedroom or closet? Lets just say i have some things going on in my room that arent so legit. I read the lease, and theres nothing there that pertains to my room and his rights during a checkup. Any law junkies wanna pipe in??:rasta:

by the way i live in the great white north!! (ontario)

--------------------
"the path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility, not LSD and sideburns"

:paperairplane:  :shroomeryhead:

Edited by Kevin_X2 (12/07/09 03:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: House Inspection! [Re: Kevin_X2]
    #11604185 - 12/07/09 03:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It's rarely a big deal. They want to make sure you aren't a total slob, that's about it.
And they check the walls and ceilings and lights and stuff. But not in usually closets.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

#11604208 - 12/07/09 03:19 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

im not a law junkie by any means but i dont think they have a right to go through any room they want.
any time the maintenance people come to my apartment i have to hide in the closet with my mushrooms and my cat while they work because i didnt pay the 500 dollar pet fee thing.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

OfflineKevin_X2
Clyde Frog
Male User Gallery

Re: House Inspection! [Re: prismism]
    #11604220 - 12/07/09 03:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

aha ok thanks guys, thats what i figured. I was about to go into crazy-psycho lockdown mode.

--------------------
"the path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility, not LSD and sideburns"

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#11604234 - 12/07/09 03:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hmm, not a law junkie.

But, when deciding what to do ask youself a few questions.

Do you think he suspects? Like could he be specifically coming to find shrooms?

Probably not , considering your furnace probably needs a new filter before winter.

Locking the door will probably seem more suspicious that your actual 'problem'.

Make BIG labels and paste 'em on the side that say "shitake" and "baby portabello" :tongue:

But seriously, a TRUNK( or 2 ) would be perfect.... if you could fit all the suspcious stuff.

I BELIEVE he is allowed to open all the doors and enter as long as you have been notified.

Once he opens some piece of your locked property...a safe even. He is breaking the law.

He will need a warrant and some police if he wants to see in your privacy.

I bet you could hide it well in a corner.... make it look natural. maybe a closet? toss some blankets over them and put some ornaments on top.

And he isnt going to snoop thru your sh1t.

ASSUMING he isnt looking for bad stuff already.

But even then, the first question will be "wtf were you going thru my sh1t for you mothafucka!" and then hit him, cuz you are going to jail anywayz, unless you can get a lawyer better than a public defender. :grin:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: House Inspection! [Re: Doc_T]
    #11604242 - 12/07/09 03:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Have the house super clean, with the floors vacuumed, the kitchen counters clean and polished, the furniture dusted, windows washed, etc., and it will be a five minute thing and they won't look in closets.  They only get anal about checking things if you're a slob and they are worried about their investment.

If you're concerned, one of you needs to be 'horribly sick with the flu' and sleeping in the room you want left alone when he comes over.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinepockets le peu
Mega Duce Dropper

Loc: northeast
Re: House Inspection! [Re: Doc_T]
    #11604247 - 12/07/09 03:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

well if you have "stuff" going on i hope u have a carbon filter.  besides that, there should be no reason to look in the closets, unless you have cords running out of them that are visable.  its a safty issue, and if you dont pay power then their looking for illegal appliances eg. washer,dryer,ect...

--------------------
pressure can do two things, bust pipes and make diamonds. 
what are you!?

Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

Loc: HOME SWEET HOME
    #11604289 - 12/07/09 03:28 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

prismism said:
im not a law junkie by any means but i dont think they have a right to go through any room they want.
any time the maintenance people come to my apartment i have to hide in the closet with my mushrooms and my cat while they work because i didnt pay the 500 dollar pet fee thing.

:lmafo: that's great!

--------------------
Formula: 0:levitate: Formula: 1                                                                                                     
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

Offlinetrashcan
Master
Male User Gallery

#11604348 - 12/07/09 03:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

prismism said:

thats halarious! :lol: Lmao

--------------------
i will do ANYTHING for some pan cyans, plese...

p.m. me with any questions, ill help with what i can. especially newbs.

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

Re: House Inspection! [Re: artizen]
    #11604388 - 12/07/09 03:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I have a dog with a ferocious bark. She is friendly as can be, but when you are on the other side of that door, you do not want to be the first person through.

The maintenance guys here won't enter unless I come to the door. If I'm not around they wait. If I know they are coming and I have to be somewhere, I'll put her in my room where I have all my shit, close the door, leave a note saying "Dog inside. Enter at your own risk."

But like others have said, keep your place tidy and you should be alright. I go out of my way to speak to everyone that works here and maintain a neat appearance so they will not have any reason to suspect unlawful things are going on. (Not that they do).

I used to have to hide my dog at the last place I stayed and it got pretty annoying with them coming by showing the house off all the time. Now, I pay $10 a month, it's not so bad and I don't have to hide her anymore:thumbup:

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

Hydra Tek - A detailed guide, for newest to the most skilled cultivators.

HCA

Bulk growing made easy-discussion
Bulk Growing Made Easy

Offlinemindexplorer
live in my mind
 User Gallery
Re: House Inspection! [Re: dancefloordale]
    #11604447 - 12/07/09 03:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i moved my grow into my truck when traveling.. it should be fine to put yours into your auto while they check.

--------------------
Working on my undergrad for molecular biology with a biotechnology option. Certified personal trainer. Mushroom mind explorer :laugh:

InvisibleCitizen13
Jack's wasted life.

Re: House Inspection! [Re: mindexplorer]
    #11604471 - 12/07/09 03:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i think blankets over it would be just fine. "inspection" means they want to know if you are destroying the place or turning the apartment into a squat house.

--------------------

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: House Inspection! [Re: Citizen13]
    #11604723 - 12/07/09 04:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah - add in the swine flu suggestion RR said - Thats Golden!!!:thumbup:

--------------------
http://

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

Re: House Inspection! [Re: sporeRider]
    #11604745 - 12/07/09 04:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ok.. in the uk the rules are basically that your landlord can come to your (his/her) house and enter any room he or she wants to BUT they must give you 24 hours notice. He can open any of his own doors, but he CANNOT open any of your bags, lockers etc.

If the wardrobe is his, then he can open it.. But i don't think he would. Putting a lock on things, makes it looks more suspicious.

I've been a landlord and rented accomodation from Landlords in the past.

--------------------
You don't like yourself, but you admire yourself - it's all you've got, so you cling to it. You're so afraid that if you change, you'll lose what makes you special. Being miserable doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just makes you miserable..

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: House Inspection! [Re: Coheed88]
    #11605242 - 12/07/09 05:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

all i know if if he is your land lord he can look ANY WERE he wants it is HIS property and if he want to go in the closet he can. only thing off limits is the drawers. trust me from someone who rents out property if i want to go in your shit i will. give him NO reason to.

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Offlinejustindrum
Stranger

Re: House Inspection! [Re: feelfunny]
    #11607228 - 12/07/09 10:07 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

you'll be fine dude. The flu in the bedroom thing that RR proposed sounds good. at worst he'll poke his head in to make sure the place wasn't torched. I purposely keep my room somewhat untidy so that a couple of blankets in the corner look inconspicuous. roomates have no idea :-) Good luck.

OfflineKevin_X2
Clyde Frog
Male User Gallery

Re: House Inspection! [Re: justindrum]
    #11607560 - 12/07/09 11:01 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

problem is swim got a  big plant in the middle of its 12/12 in a compartment in the closet. probably gonna take it to a buddies just to be safe. thanks for the advice
:rasta:

--------------------

Edited by Kevin_X2 (12/07/09 11:02 PM)

Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

#11607692 - 12/07/09 11:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

typically in my experience land lords come to do a job and thats about it (especially if you live in an appartment). but with your plant thats hard to disguise as a fern plant or something, take it to a buddies. depending on your fruiting chamber you can make it look natural, i have a bunch of storage boxes around my place that looks like a tetris game. youll be fine.

--------------------

OfflineProfessor Frink
Mycomaniac

Loc: USA
    #11608024 - 12/08/09 12:17 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Definitely make sure the house is clean and double check to make sure any questionable items are out of site. If i were you i'd either move everything suspicious out of my apt for a few hours or render it all to look very unsuspicious to the casual observer. Better safe than sorry.

--------------------
Culture trade list

Wanted Culture list:

Panellus stipticus
Yellow Morel

Invisiblenw_shroomy
NoN-stranger
 User Gallery

Re: House Inspection! [Re: rackem]
    #11608025 - 12/08/09 12:17 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I was growing legal ones and the maintenance team and management wanted to do a walk thru to see what needed to be fixed.I was really worried because when I moved in I had to sign a no fungus clause.so i didn't want them to see my mini greenhouse that was in the corner of my room.
I made sure that I was home when they ,all 4 of them, came in.
I made sure that the apartment was SPOTLESS.
I put a blanket over the greenhouse .As they came in and was walking threw I made it a point to point out a couple of SMALL things that would be nice to have fixed( like cleaning the filter in the fridge and a not up to par door liner.when they went into the room with the greenhouse  I Immediately opened the closet door and pointed out the water heater and started more bullshit banter about the water heater and how good it worked.
That made all of them look really hard at the water heater and then one of them told me what a great brand it was..Not one of them looked over to the corner of the bedroom and noticed the 5 foot thing in it with the blanket over it.
If they would have asked I would have said my bird was in it and it was sleeping.

So Be home..and Have it spotless.That means clean any water and/or mold on the bottom of the windows.
Second, be very nice and walk them threw and talk to them to redirect there thinking.
Never leave them alone period.That makes them feel awkward and makes them hurry up.
Don't mention things to fix if you wont be home when they come to fix them.
Never mention to fix anything in your bedrooms period.

--------------------
Spawn Ratio Calculator
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7803673#7803673
I only grow edibles.Any info I give ONLY applies to gourmet mushrooms.

Edited by nw_shroomy (12/08/09 12:26 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix