Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
Loc: Hawaii
need picking advice on private property
    #1153870 - 12/19/02 04:56 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I went back to the house I found 9 quarts of cys today and no new growth on the areas already harvested. I could see in the back yard of the house a huge patch. I dont know how many. Maybe as much as gotten on the first run. But I dont think quite as much. Anyway has anyone had any experience going into someones yard to harvest? I feel uncomfortable sneaking around someones yard. It looks as though an older woman lives at the house alone. There is no fence. Should I knock on the door and ask her if it would be ok to pick her mushrooms, and that I am a mycologist doing researce on that kind of shroom? She doesnt know they are there, or she doesnt know what kind they are, or she doesnt care cause she hasnt picked them herself. I want to do something soon since Christmas is coming and there may be a Grandson coming over who is aware of her shrooms. Any ideas? Should I wait till nightfall and be a theif in the night. The shrooms looked big from what I can see so they are really mature and a good time to harvest. I wouldnt want to go to the clink if a neighbor saw me tresspassing. I also would like to take a picture for you guys but I dont have a digital camera. I am sure I will get alot of wise cracks about this post but I am serious about the strategy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemoorhsum
SEED MASTER

Loc: N America
Re: need picking advice on private property [Re: wacked]
    #1153905 - 12/19/02 05:14 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Always ask permission...
Try telling them you're a myco student, and that the soil on their land is
prime breeding ground for a rare specimen, and if found they'll get recognition or somethiong....Then just collect cyans, and tell the people if they ask, that the cyans were a bonus that you thought never grew around your area...They won't know the difference...
Thats my opinion, anyways...

--------------------
We are the counter-culturaly elite...

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #1154900 - 12/19/02 10:08 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Wacked,

You should ask to go in and pick them.
Telling people that your a mycoligist and are studying mushrooms is a great way to go.
All they can say is no.

If you are too scared to ask....I'll go with you.
I won't ask for any of your find....and I have a nice digital camera.  :smile:
Plus I look like a professor...I'm older.
Send me a PM if you need any assistance.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: need picking advice on private property [Re: Roadkill]
    #1154971 - 12/19/02 10:30 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Definetly ask permission before you go picking on their property. Otherwise, you risk getting shot or arrested. Since its an old woman, maybe she will fall for the mycology student thing...

OfflineKillerClown
From Outer Space

Loc: in a dark corner
    #1154994 - 12/19/02 10:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ask her, she'll probably be cool about it if you seduce her. If she says no, flip her off and come back in the middle of the night, then after you pick 'em light her car on fire.

Seriously, she'll probably say yes because she's afraid you'll vandalize/violate her and her property. Have fun with them, and be sure to leave some behind to drop spores. Don't be greedy and take them all, that's bad karma.

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: need picking advice on private property [Re: KillerClown]
    #1155350 - 12/19/02 01:10 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

thanx killer
you could ask her if she needs a ride to church to break the ice .
use your imagination  :grin: but don't steal  :mad: 

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1155518 - 12/19/02 02:29 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

definately ask.
wear respectable, even nerdy, clothes. be polite. if you have or can get your hands on a clipboard and pocket protector bring them (i'm not kidding, you can never look too straight edged when there are old ladies involved). although, about a third of the time i just ask if i can pick mushrooms and don't specify anything, i get some odd looks then they hesitantly say ok.
i don't support going to pick after you've been told no though, in that situation, it would be better if you hadn't even asked. people get verry upset about trespassing.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineRoger_Barrett
But you can callme Syd!

Loc: Kitsap County WA
Re: need picking advice on private property [Re: canid]
    #1155723 - 12/19/02 04:05 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Lots of good advice here.. I just wanted to add a few thoughts.. first, definitely ask - nothing ventured nothing gained. Play it cool and straight.

Assume the positive. One thing that would rock would be to pick up a nice arrangement of flowers at a Safeway. If she says yes, thank her pick your shrooms. Bring them back to your car, pick up the flowers and then ring her door before you go. Say "Here, these are for you, and thanks again for your kindness. If its OK with you maybe I'll come back next year".

It will blow her mind, dose you up mega with Karma, and create a friend for life.. one with a FRIGGIN HUGE cyan patch! And if she says no, well give it to some beautiful girl you know.. same effect and karma dose! You can't lose my man!

Go for it.. and if you need backup or a straight man I'm only a PM [and a ferry] away!!

:smile:

--------------------
The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way that I can understand.

Mazatec Shaman Maria Sabina

Edited by Roger_Barrett (12/19/02 04:15 PM)

Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
    #1161162 - 12/21/02 09:25 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

She was cool. I didn't go at it alone though. I brought along a chick and a cute 5 year old boy to help seduce her. It worked. We picked several different varieties of shrooms in the area to show her we were picking and doing ID's on them. There were not as many as hoped but still we got a couple hundred or so. I should be able to post some pics in about a week. They were really dry. Not much water left in them.
Thanks for all the advice. Doing it the right way by asking her I felt better than sneaking around someones yard.

Offlinemoorhsum
SEED MASTER

Loc: N America
    #1162658 - 12/22/02 02:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

So how was the potency on those babies! I live for the day when I can go on vacation to a place where they have native Psilocybe species! Or ANY actives for that matter....I'm in Ontario canada....not much here...
Can't wait to see pics!

--------------------
We are the counter-culturaly elite...

Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
Re: need picking advice on private property [Re: moorhsum]
    #1163104 - 12/22/02 05:12 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

they are pretty potent. I took a single gram three little ooms. Had the giggles all day. Tried to get serious and get something done but spun my wheels and had fun.

Offlinecalishroomer
Looking For Lunatic In TheGrass!

#1202892 - 01/09/03 02:49 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I went back to the house I found 9 quarts of cys today and no new growth on the areas already harvested. I could see in the back yard of the house a huge patch. I dont know how many. Maybe as much as gotten on the first run. But I dont think quite as much. Anyway has anyone had any experience going into someones yard to harvest? I feel uncomfortable sneaking around someones yard. It looks as though an older woman lives at the house alone. There is no fence. Should I knock on the door and ask her if it would be ok to pick her mushrooms, and that I am a mycologist doing researce on that kind of shroom? She doesnt know they are there, or she doesnt know what kind they are, or she doesnt care cause she hasnt picked them herself. I want to do something soon since Christmas is coming and there may be a Grandson coming over who is aware of her shrooms. Any ideas? Should I wait till nightfall and be a theif in the night. The shrooms looked big from what I can see so they are really mature and a good time to harvest. I wouldnt want to go to the clink if a neighbor saw me tresspassing. I also would like to take a picture for you guys but I dont have a digital camera. I am sure I will get alot of wise cracks about this post but I am serious about the strategy.

if i was to get up and find someone lurking around my yard after dark with a bag, i would put them on the ground at gunpoint, call the cops, and while waiting for them, literally kick the shit out of the tresspasser.ALWAYS ASK FOR PERMISSION, just come up with a good lie. it will work no sweat.

--------------------
"The Lunatic Is In The Grass!!"

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
    #1204767 - 01/09/03 03:06 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Goddamnit, I wish I lived in Seattle!  Then again, I'd probably misidentify and kill myself in the process :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom