Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineechoes_
Stranger

Is it possible to have a flashback from mushroom use?
    #11515254 - 11/23/09 10:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've tried acid twice, both were mild and enjoyable experiences. Done Shrooms probably around ten times in my life, when I was 17. I'm 18 now and haven't had mushrooms in about a year.

I have read that flashbacks are a form of PTSD, from the use of LSD and Ecstacy (according to WebMD.)

Today I smoked a tiiiny bowl, probably less than half of what it takes to actually get me high normally (I smoked it because my back was sore). I also had drank about 3/4s of a pot of coffee in a matter of a few hours, and had only a tiny piece of coffee cake to eat. I still feel too nauseous to eat a balanced meal. If it matters, I have been "abusing" coffee of sorts, since I take online schools and usually drink this quantity for studying.

Suddenly, I started feeling dizzy, nauseous, and disoriented. I would start trembling and get chills and hot flashes; my palms are still sweating like crazy and I still have a somewhat rapid heartbeat (it was beating faster earlier.) Being completely still (trying to lie down, sit down, stand still, etc.) only made me more nauseous. It felt like my temples were pulsating, along with my stomach. Focusing my mind on an intricate task helped a bit, but I had nothing to focus on. I started to have those thoughts of "oh no, I'm going insane." My vision would narrow on occasion, and my peripheral vision became barely intensified (the way it does with weed on occasion, not in the same way caused by psychedelics. Nevertheless, this effect made me more nauseous and disoriented.) I didn't hallucinate though, which is what happens when you have a flashback, right?

I've had 2 bad trips on mushrooms before, took breaks after them, and felt zero after effects. I have never a bad experience from acid.

I'm not asking because I want to decide if I should ever do them again. I gave them up long before any of this happened; I got what I wanted out of them when I was younger and haven't had any interest in taking them anymore. I'm simply asking because I want to know if I should be concerned.

P.S. - It is also notable that a while back I was having intense symptoms of depression, insomnia, and minor symptoms of psychosis from my acne medication (Accutane, also called Isotretinoin). My horrible experience with this is the reason I started doing mushrooms in the first place. I wanted to psychoanalyze myself, and after roughly 10-ish trips over a course of 6 months, I no longer had depression, insomnia, or psychosis. Because I no longer struggle with these things, I no longer need psychedelics.

sorry if that is jumbled but I'm really scared

Edited by echoes_ (11/23/09 10:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegab1159
Conventional weirdo...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, Québec Flag
Re: Is it possible to have a flashback from mushroom use? [Re: echoes_]
    #11515297 - 11/23/09 10:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Weed is a psychedelic. You might having a weed badtrip, it's possible and happens sometimes(rarely are they very extreme but they exist). Happened to me...

No, I don't think you can have mushroom flashbacks

--------------------

"This is a call of arms to live and love and sleep together. We could flood the streets with love or light or heat whatever..." - MGMT

"I have three words for you: Take some drugs!" -Simon Posford

Offlineechoes_
Stranger

Re: Is it possible to have a flashback from mushroom use? [Re: gab1159]
    #11515313 - 11/23/09 10:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gab1159 said:
Weed is a psychedelic. You might having a weed badtrip, it's possible and happens sometimes(rarely are they very extreme but they exist).

Now that you mention it, when I was about 15 and just started smoking, on two occasions I had a "bad trip." I would feel the exact same symptoms I felt today, (the first time it happened I saw 2-dimensional hallucinations and could only hear a loud siren that didn't exist.) I don't mean to sound like a stupid kid trying to brag, but I am an experienced weed smoker. I smoke pretty much every day (have been for the last 2.5 years or so), lately it has been mini-blunts by myself without any panicky feelings. I've smoked entire blunts to myself before without problems, after my mushroom marathon had occured.

The point is, today was not nearly as traumatic and horrifying as a bad mushroom trip (worst experience of my life), but my symptoms today felt like the beginning stages of one that never fully flourished, if that makes sense. I filled a TINY bowl piece about halfway. It was gone after 4 or 5 small hits. What scares me is how I had this reaction when I barely even had any weed.

Edited by echoes_ (11/23/09 10:46 PM)

Offlinegab1159
Conventional weirdo...
Male User Gallery

#11515361 - 11/23/09 10:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Then I really don't know what could have caused your bad experience. It could be something NOT related to drugs consumption, but it's quite a low-chance hypothesis. I'd say it is related to weed, not Shrooms or LSD. Even though I'm smocking weed for a year now, it seems to happen to me sometimes, like every 3 months. I'd consider myself experimented as I smoke it everyday. I can now fully control my weed trips and not panic. But these badtrips seem to happen once in a while...it's very strange.

--------------------

"This is a call of arms to live and love and sleep together. We could flood the streets with love or light or heat whatever..." - MGMT

Offlineechoes_
Stranger

#11515417 - 11/23/09 10:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gab1159 said:
Then I really don't know what could have caused your bad experience. It could be something NOT related to drugs consumption, but it's quite a low-chance hypothesis. I'd say it is related to weed, not Shrooms or LSD. Even though I'm smocking weed for a year now, it seems to happen to me sometimes, like every 3 months. I'd consider myself experimented as I smoke it everyday. I can now fully control my weed trips and not panic. But these badtrips seem to happen once in a while...it's very strange.

But do you know if its possible to have flashbacks from mushrooms? They have a completely different chemical structure from LSD, so that's why I was wondering.

I should also note that I once thought I was about to have a flashback, after (yet again) drinking almost an entire pot of coffee and studying (I actually made a post about it on here.) After convincing myself it was impossible to trip from caffeine, it didn't get out of hand.

I should also note that a few weeks ago my mom told me that schizophrenia runs on both sides of my family. This would've been nice to know before doing psychedelics! Anyway, since then I can't stop thinking about how it tends to come out in people in their early 20s. I'm not going to lie, hearing this scared me. I saw a schizophrenic college kid take acid once and he freaked the fuck out. I mean complete loss of sanity. It was one of the saddest things I've ever seen...I'll never forget it.

I plan to take a long break from weed and coffee to clear my head. I just hope doing so will clear my had at all.

Offlinegab1159
Conventional weirdo...
Male User Gallery

#11515524 - 11/23/09 11:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

No, I don't know for sure, but my  guess is that it's not possible. Also, as for the schizophrenia, I can't tell you if it can develop after a small amount of trips, or after a long-term psychedelic consumption.

--------------------

OfflineFarfignewton
Doppelgänger
Male

Loc: Ouroboroses Tail End.
    #11515548 - 11/23/09 11:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Before I ask it, I know this is a silly question: Have you lost weight recently?

Editing this: Additional Information.

At the time the episode happen, did you experience any weight lost prior? Not as a result of the event of the of course, but in the last few days/weeks? Been ill recently? I ask this because psilocybin can build up in body fat, even though most of it is dropped and excreted 8 hours after consumption. Rapid weight loss can release psilocybin into the blood stream, triggering flashbacks.

--------------------
"Sparkling Green Tea Ginger Ale is twelve fluid ounces of wet-dreams in a can!"

Edited by Farfignewton (11/23/09 11:08 PM)

Offlineechoes_
Stranger

Re: Is it possible to have a flashback from mushroom use? [Re: Farfignewton]
    #11515574 - 11/23/09 11:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Farfignewton said:
Before I ask it, I know this is a silly question: Have you lost weight recently?

I think so, but I'm not sure. I never keep track of my weight, but lately I've been noticing more muscle detail on my torso (again, not trying to brag). My pediatrician has always told me that I have the body type where I get super fat in the pre-pubescent years (I was a pretty portly kid), then grow in height and sort of "stretch out." I kind of wrote it off as being a result of my developing body...why do you ask?

OfflineCrowsonator
Cubensis Hunter
Male

Loc: Cloud 9
    #11515581 - 11/23/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

echoes_ said:
I've tried acid twice, both were mild and enjoyable experiences. Done Shrooms probably around ten times in my life, when I was 17. I'm 18 now and haven't had mushrooms in about a year.

I have read that flashbacks are a form of PTSD, from the use of LSD and Ecstacy (according to WebMD.)

Today I smoked a tiiiny bowl, probably less than half of what it takes to actually get me high normally (I smoked it because my back was sore). I also had drank about 3/4s of a pot of coffee in a matter of a few hours, and had only a tiny piece of coffee cake to eat. I still feel too nauseous to eat a balanced meal. If it matters, I have been "abusing" coffee of sorts, since I take online schools and usually drink this quantity for studying.

Suddenly, I started feeling dizzy, nauseous, and disoriented. I would start trembling and get chills and hot flashes; my palms are still sweating like crazy and I still have a somewhat rapid heartbeat (it was beating faster earlier.) Being completely still (trying to lie down, sit down, stand still, etc.) only made me more nauseous. It felt like my temples were pulsating, along with my stomach. Focusing my mind on an intricate task helped a bit, but I had nothing to focus on. I started to have those thoughts of "oh no, I'm going insane." My vision would narrow on occasion, and my peripheral vision became barely intensified (the way it does with weed on occasion, not in the same way caused by psychedelics. Nevertheless, this effect made me more nauseous and disoriented.) I didn't hallucinate though, which is what happens when you have a flashback, right?

I've had 2 bad trips on mushrooms before, took breaks after them, and felt zero after effects. I have never a bad experience from acid.

I'm not asking because I want to decide if I should ever do them again. I gave them up long before any of this happened; I got what I wanted out of them when I was younger and haven't had any interest in taking them anymore. I'm simply asking because I want to know if I should be concerned.

P.S. - It is also notable that a while back I was having intense symptoms of depression, insomnia, and minor symptoms of psychosis from my acne medication (Accutane, also called Isotretinoin). My horrible experience with this is the reason I started doing mushrooms in the first place. I wanted to psychoanalyze myself, and after roughly 10-ish trips over a course of 6 months, I no longer had depression, insomnia, or psychosis. Because I no longer struggle with these things, I no longer need psychedelics.

sorry if that is jumbled but I'm really scared

it sounds to me like you had a panic attack from too much caffeine and weed...ive had the same thing many times...:eek:

--------------------
If you Build it ...They will come

OfflineAscending Lotus
The One And Only Dominator
Male

Loc: Seattle Wa
Re: Is it possible to have a flashback from mushroom use? [Re: Crowsonator]
    #11515674 - 11/23/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

no. those who say yes are just high.

--------------------
Rise from the murky water of negativity
Allow your petals to peel open and emit rays of love

OfflineFarfignewton
Doppelgänger
Male

#11515725 - 11/23/09 11:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

echoes_ said:
Quote:

Farfignewton said:

I think so, but I'm not sure. I never keep track of my weight, but lately I've been noticing more muscle detail on my torso (again, not trying to brag). My pediatrician has always told me that I have the body type where I get super fat in the pre-pubescent years (I was a pretty portly kid), then grow in height and sort of "stretch out." I kind of wrote it off as being a result of my developing body...why do you ask?

Well in this instance it sounded like you had too much coffee ( stimulant: increases BP, which is why you had an elevated heart rate, and felt your pulse in your temples basically. ), and you had cannabis ( depressant: slows your CNS and can toggle your pleasure, memory, thoughts, concentration, sensory, time perception, and physical movements ), as a result, you probably just had too much of two good things that headbutted with one another :P. If you had visual hallucinations, I'd go with my original theory that since psilocybin is stored inside of fat, even though most of it is excreted from the body after eight hours. Rapid weight loss can trigger flashbacks. I've heard stories of people having stomach virus's and losing twelve pounds, and while sitting on the toilet one day, they had a flashback and started tripping balls.

--------------------

Offlineechoes_
Stranger

#11515746 - 11/23/09 11:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Farfignewton said:
Well in this instance it sounded like you had too much coffee ( stimulant: increases BP, which is why you had an elevated heart rate, and felt your pulse in your temples basically. ), and you had cannabis ( depressant: slows your CNS and can toggle your pleasure, memory, thoughts, concentration, sensory, time perception, and physical movements ), as a result, you probably just had too much of two good things that headbutted with one another :P.

That sounds about right. Good news is, I feel like I've come down from the symptoms now! I'm not "tripping" anymore, and I just ate some chicken soup and my stomach feels soooooo much better. I was still freaking out when I created this topic.

Noted: episode lasted from 4:30pm to 10:00pm. I'm beginning to think it was the caffeine since HALF a bowl of weed (in the system of a person who smokes roughly 2-5 bowls a day) could not possibly last that long.

OfflineFarfignewton
Doppelgänger
Male

#11515825 - 11/23/09 11:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Lay off the caffeine for a while if you can, or limit yourself to one or two cups a day; if you're dependent on caffeine ( i.e. get withdrawal headaches from not consuming ), take one of those nifty migraine reliefs which is a combination of Acetaminophen ( Tylonel ), Aspirin, and Caffeine, and you'll be dandy. Hope it doesn't happen again, and glad you're feeling better :smile:.

--------------------

Offlineechoes_
Stranger

#11515930 - 11/24/09 12:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I abuse Coffee, yet I feel no dependance. I have yet to feel a drug dependance, so I'm not worried. I'm definitely laying off everything for a while though.

And thanks much, everybody! you guys really helped me chill the fuck out...that was horrible!
:heart:

Offlinejimbotron
Patty-Cake Enthusiast
 User Gallery

#11515966 - 11/24/09 12:15 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well of course it's possible, but nobody's ever proven that acid flashbacks have a physiological cause, e.g. the "it gets stored in your spinal column" theory. You can have flashbacks to nightmares, in the sense of bad memories making you uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean you should stop dreaming.

I do have moments where I feel a little bit of the shroom-mindset coming back, but I consider that a good thing. I don't like thinking about my Bad Trip but it's mostly blocked out in my mind; not sure if that's really comparable to PTSD.

What you're describing just sounds like too much caffeine.

--------------------
BEST TEAM IN THE UNIVERSE

Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

Loc: Dunder Mifflin
    #11515971 - 11/24/09 12:17 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, you can have flashbacks from mushrooms. Any extremely stressful situation can cause flashbacks.

And all I can do is :facepalm: at the other misinformation in here.

Offlineechoes_
Stranger

Re: Is it possible to have a flashback from mushroom use? [Re: jimbotron]
    #11515986 - 11/24/09 12:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

haha funny...my last thread about caffiene making me feel this way was an utter failure :thumbdown:

"caffeine can't make  you feel this way! bah humbug!" they said...

On another note, I realize flashbacks aren't caused by acid stored in your body. I believe that a "flashback" is a purely psychological thing. A form of PTSD, as it is. I was just wondering if the chemical structure of Psilocin on the human brain created an equally hospitable psycho-environment for such an occurrence.

Offlineechoes_
Stranger

Re: Is it possible to have a flashback from mushroom use? [Re: shroomanic]
    #11516002 - 11/24/09 12:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shroomanic said:
Yes, you can have flashbacks from mushrooms. Any extremely stressful situation can cause flashbacks.

And all I can do is :facepalm: at the other misinformation in here.

that sounds about right...be it violence or rape, flashbacks can occur to a person if it has traumatized them enough.

To be honest, I've had similar feelings from drinking beer and smoking. I think the psychedelic touch of weed mixed with extreme stomach discomfort causes some sort of "snap" in me that takes be back to those horrible experiences. My mom was telling me how unbearably acidic this new coffee we bought was, so that is probably what gave me the stomach pain. I'm also intolerant of gluten and alcohol, so I assume the beer has a similar effect...

(sorry for the dub post)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies