Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms!
    #11470849 - 11/16/09 10:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

check this propaganda,i thought you all would want to see this. It was in our newspaper,my mom showed it to me.so i found it online,follow the link.tell me what you think.
http://www.theprovince.com/news/Death+sprouts+mushroom+warning/2227144/story.html

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #11470915 - 11/16/09 10:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

"indicate his death could be linked to his taking what he thought were hallucination-causing "magic" or psilocybin mushrooms."

this my friend, is what you should have read more closely.
even the media knows you can't die directly from magic mushrooms.

but yeah, i read a earlier article about the same thing happening "breathing stops" and it's strange cause i don't really know a mushroom that stops you from breathing.

Offlinealiensexxx
creature teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: within
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #11470937 - 11/16/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Could maybe be from the heat of the water + poisonous mushrooms?? Was he in the waterr?

--------------------

"..and we danced, on the brink of an unknown future, to an echo from the vanished past.."

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: aliensexxx]
    #11470974 - 11/16/09 11:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

who knows:shrug:

it doesn't say much in the article.

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

#11471032 - 11/16/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i'll post this again even though i already said it in the shroomery news thread.

poisonous mushrooms dont make you stop breathing shortly after eating them.
people need to wake up to the fact that mushrooms can induce seizures which in some serious and rare cases which are probably related to preexisting epilepsy, can kill.

I think epileptics should be careful about eating psychedelics.

--------------------

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: 2859558484]
    #11471224 - 11/16/09 11:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

element my friend,look how i called it propaganda.you my friend should have read my post closer.
obviously i don't believe he died from a magic mushroom.i have been picking and eating shrooms for over a decade and a half.
i recall reading in a book that in the 60's when scientists actually studied these kind of substances they found no harm in consuming psilocybin.
but regardless they get the bad rap.
hope fully the toxicology results are made public or i am able to find them. there isnt much detail about his prexisting health conditions like you guys said. or even what other drugs he may have consumed.

--------------------

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

#11471264 - 11/16/09 11:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

"you my friend should have read my post closer."

what was the part i should have read closer?

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: elementswrath]
    #11471511 - 11/17/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elementswrath said:
"indicate his death could be linked to his taking what he thought were hallucination-causing "magic" or psilocybin mushrooms."

but yeah, i read a earlier article about the same thing happening "breathing stops" and it's strange cause i don't really know a mushroom that stops you from breathing.

Muscarine (inherent in Inocybe and Clitocybe species)  focuses on the involuntary nervous system. Sweating, tearing, severe vomiting, diarrhea, irregular pulse rate, decreased blood pressure, and difficulty breathing are symptoms. A specific treatment is Atropine. Muscarine can be fatal in large amounts.

--------------------

Offlineklopi123
Littlest shroom
Female User Gallery

Loc: canada Flag
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: elementswrath]
    #11471524 - 11/17/09 01:02 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This is what i found on the internet. Please be careful when consuming shrooms, make sure they are the real deal. Looks like this guy did not I.D. properly.

Revelstoke Times Review
RCMP say death linked to ‘magic mushrooms’

Published: November 16, 2009 6:00 PM

0 Comments RCMP are cautioning residents about consuming psychoactive mushrooms following the sudden death of a 24-year-old man at Halfway Hot Springs last week. The popular natural hot springs is located up a forest service road that branches off of Highway 23 about 75 kilometres south of Revelstoke.

Dieter Eggers, 24, of Taylor B.C., had been travelling in the area with a friend when they stopped to visit the popular natural hot springs.

Nakusp RCMP report that Eggers and his friend had spent a few hours at the springs on the evening of Nov. 8 when Eggers suddenly stopped breathing.

The friend then tried to resuscitate Eggers by using CPR for about 30 minutes. He then left the area and drove along the highway until he reached an area with mobile phone reception. Eggers was dead when emergency services responders arrived.

A press release from the Nakusp RCMP says preliminary results of the autopsy “indicate the cause of death may be linked to the consumption of what was thought by the individual to be ‘magic mushrooms’ or psilocybin mushrooms.”

An Interior Regional Coroners Office spokesperson said that an autopsy had been completed but results from a toxicology test could take weeks.

At this time, it’s unknown if Eggers’ death was influenced by so-called magic mushrooms, another type of mushroom perhaps mistaken for one, or by another substance added to the mushrooms.

“Although police have not yet been able to determine the origin of the mushrooms suspected to be linked to this death, police are urging everyone to avoid consuming anything that is believed to be ‘magic mushrooms’ or psilocybin mushrooms as there may be poisonous substances being sold as ‘magic mushrooms’,” stated the Nakusp RCMP in a press release.

The RCMP say foul play has been ruled out, but an RCMP investigation continues to determine the origin of the mushrooms.

v2

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: klopi123]
    #11471643 - 11/17/09 01:40 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

your trying to say i dont know that, thats what you should have read closer. i called it propaganda,meaning b.s. they thought it was magic mushrooms. they are saying dont consume psychoactive mushrooms.

--------------------

OfflineTript
It's What You Do
Male

#11471710 - 11/17/09 02:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like they are just warning people there may be some mushrooms floating around that are not really magic mushrooms, but poisonous mushrooms.

"...police are urging everyone to avoid consuming anything that is believed to be 'magic mushrooms' or psilocybin mushrooms as there may be poisonous substances being sold as magic mushrooms..."

--------------------

Formula: 0

Offlineelprawn
Mushroom Guestimator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ilford, England
Trusted Identifier
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: Tript]
    #11472156 - 11/17/09 05:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Let's see if psilocybin appears on the toxicology report... Oh wait. The newspaper's not going to publish that because it won't and even if it did, they wouldn't tell you what else appeared on there.

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: elprawn]
    #11472511 - 11/17/09 08:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yes i agree. i feel they take any chance they can to put ourr mushrooms in a negative light.and when they find out it wasnt a psilocybin mushroom they wont tell you that.
it is a shame that these guys possibly bought these and some fuck head is going around selling poisonous mushrooms.i was in nakusp this summer for a while.its a nice little hippy village in the mountains.
i wouldnt expect that from that community.:frown:

--------------------

Offlinewietstocker
product ofevolution

Loc: Cranium, PNW
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: elprawn]
    #11472538 - 11/17/09 08:33 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't believe toxic mushrooms would induce such quick and deadly action.

On two occasions of high dosage (5-7g) I have experienced frightening respiratory distress. Looking back, I justify it as a disruption in autonomous nervous system function. I was tripping really hard. And my urge to take breaths became completely suppressed. It was exceptionally concerning at the time, yet another part of me was very accepting of what was happening.

An interesting thing is that it was all exacerbated by lying down. I was laying on my chest after telling some sitters of how I couldn't breathe well. As I sauntered through my  psychedelic cranium, I remember hearing them say, "He really isn't breathing. What should we do?" I felt that if I stayed there, I would at the very least go unconscious. Whether that would have "jump-started" my breathing or not is a good question. Eventually one of them picked me up, put his arm around me and forced me to walk around for quite a while. Apparently, the walking kicked in my body's functions. I puked and found that breathing came more naturally when walking/talking.

I'm not proposing that I would have died from any of this. But I'm also not ruling it out. Any time respiration is greatly suppressed, in my opinion, there is real danger. This would be especially true in the absence of sober folks to lend a rational mind. I have been increasingly wary of high doses after the above occasion and one other.

Be safe out there folks.

--------------------
Echoes

Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: wietstocker]
    #11472600 - 11/17/09 08:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

kinda hard to jump to conclusions when noone even knows what all the guy had taken. for all we know he could have found these mushrooms right there in the woods and misidentified them or it could be the hot water mixed with the drugs in his system. when you are submerged in hot water your blood pressure goes way up and its possible to have heart problems when intoxicated. They say you should never get into hot water when intoxicated for this reason. At any rate there isnt enough to go on to determine what this guy died of... I dont think the media was trying to paint psilocybe mushrooms in a negative light i just think they were getting the story out there to warn others to be cautious.

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #11472635 - 11/17/09 09:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

guy probably had a heart disease or suffered a stroke.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleDannyGlick

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: canid] * 1
    #11472642 - 11/17/09 09:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

He be strokin'.

Invisiblemattianyb
~MYCOPHAGIA~

#11472806 - 11/17/09 09:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elementswrath said:

msuhrooms do cause your respitory system to slightly be weaker, you have to put in concideration with ppl with conditions. like myself i have a heart condition and if i drink coffee earlier in the day and take mushrooms later on then for the entire duration of my trip my heart feels like its gonna pop. :shrug: could be all kinds of factors. but for the most part healthy ppl wont have problems with mushrooms.

--------------------

[quote]Bretdaniel said:
Any idea's what they might be? Think any are eatable?[/quote]
:rofl2:

everything i post on this site is fake, i never partake in illegal activities.

OfflineLuckOfTheFryish
Hi! I'm Fry!
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW Canada Flag
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: mattianyb]
    #11473058 - 11/17/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

this happens to people every year in those hot springs exactly the same way. he just happened to maybe be tripping. just another excuse for the media to take an everyday event and use it as propeganda against drugs

--------------------

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: mattianyb]
    #11473101 - 11/17/09 10:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ok i see.
didn't know magic mushrooms depress your breathing.
that could be the case.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract