Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejhot369
~
 User Gallery

Stealth Grow Ideas ?!? Golden Teachers Take 2~ Iso PICTURES PLEASE
    #11466065 - 11/16/09 10:16 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hello everyone I am currently fruiting a batch of Gts

I would like to know some ideas for a stealth box and mister / fanning on auto timer I have one more 20cc GT Spore (new moon) syrnge from earthstongue so I wanted to make sure its put to its best use.

Looking for Picture/Visual Feedback and materials

Not trying to spend a ton of money, just enough to get the job done in a effective / stealthy way.

FYI  :By stealth im talking about not letting the light seep through just looking for a great enclosure idea , Im willing to try other methods than BRF-tek also just as long as its not too complicated im still a rookie.

Submit lots of pics please ! ! ! thank you  :psychsplit:

Yes I have done some research on the site and i have chosin primarly http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6414923

looks great and seems to work well feedback ? or other suggestions are apreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeeGee
Insert Title Here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sunny Southern California Flag
Re: Stealth Grow Ideas ?!? Golden Teachers Take 2~ Iso PICTURES PLEASE [Re: jhot369]
    #11466083 - 11/16/09 10:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
DG
:plur:

OfflineCaladan_Shroom
Warlord of High House of Fungi
 User Gallery

Loc: Aren, Malazan Empire
Re: Stealth Grow Ideas ?!? Golden Teachers Take 2~ Iso PICTURES PLEASE [Re: DeeGee]
    #11466157 - 11/16/09 10:39 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The "stealthiest" thing I have going is a completely opaque shotgun fruiting chamber with the light mounted inside.  This really cuts down on the visibility.  When I leave, or when I have visitors, I throw a blanket over it and looks perfectly normal chilling there in my closet.  I had a clear one previously, but it lit up like a friggin Christmas tree and it was the first thing anyone noticed when they came into my room.

I can post pics when I get home from work.

Offlinetokerten
thorough thinker
Male

Loc: newhereintheusa
Re: Stealth Grow Ideas ?!? Golden Teachers Take 2~ Iso PICTURES PLEASE [Re: Caladan_Shroom]
    #11466225 - 11/16/09 10:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

what you are looking at will work fine but you want stealth which is fairly easy to accomplish depending on how thrifty you are. some good ideas are, in your cloths drawers ,take the bottoms off shelves and make a door and put the fronts of the drawers on it, in two big old speakers conected together, even a large safe. just think of were people dont look and figure out what method to go with and how you can fit it to your needs
good luck

--------------------
Please, don't believe everything They tell you

Offlinejhot369
~
 User Gallery

Re: Stealth Grow Ideas ?!? Golden Teachers Take 2~ Iso PICTURES PLEASE [Re: tokerten]
    #11466278 - 11/16/09 11:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tokerten said:
what you are looking at will work fine but you want stealth which is fairly easy to accomplish depending on how thrifty you are. some good ideas are, in your cloths drawers ,take the bottoms off shelves and make a door and put the fronts of the drawers on it, in two big old speakers conected together, even a large safe. just think of were people dont look and figure out what method to go with and how you can fit it to your needs
good luck

Exactly what i was thinkin i have a 18" width  13.5"  width drawer with a height of 1.5" will these be enough space to support 12 cakes? its a knightstand drawer.. i may fully remove the drawer to get more space like u said i was contemplating measuring my dresserdrawer,  Just rolled a blunt and i ready to cruise and pic up supplies :ganja:

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
Re: Stealth Grow Ideas ?!? Golden Teachers Take 2~ Iso PICTURES PLEASE [Re: jhot369]
    #11466315 - 11/16/09 11:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You need a lot more room than that. I would just grow a stone producing species. PF cakes are a waste of time if you are trying to get enough to eat on a regular basis especially with the limited space you are talking about.

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
    #11466319 - 11/16/09 11:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

For stealth i just have a lock on my grow room

--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

Offlinejhot369
~
 User Gallery

#11466385 - 11/16/09 11:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Dresser Drawer has slightly the same demensions but a width of nearly 10Inches more , although I wount have a drawer for my shirts lol

Im prly gonna have 1/2 pt cakes diamiter of apprx 2in , 6 cakes 2 rows sperd 1" appart is req.

2x6=12"  12-18 = 6in "  1 In Per Cake aprx.  Width = OK
but than there is alot of extra space in length apprx 5 inches...

Scratch tht

Thinkin  3 Rows of 4 Cakes Per
Gives apprx. 2" Spaceing width and 1"spaceing length, Yup thats the way im going to do it, 3-yr Engineering degree put to work.

Im going to have Airstones and Geo-lite also hopefuly this affects my limited growth area in a positive way.

Offlinejhot369
~
 User Gallery

#11466409 - 11/16/09 11:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

by stone you mean  Air stone, and alterative to pf cakes for my Gts would be Rye grain ? seems like an easy sustitute..:laugh:

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
    #11466435 - 11/16/09 11:26 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

stones as in sclortia
http://sporeworks.com/store/catalog/Psilocybe-galindoi-galindii-var-Georgia-ATL7-Large-Sclerotia-p-16273.html
all you do is inoculate grain jars Rey berries WBS ect...
and leave them in the jars until they are ready to harvest

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

OfflineRandomstickynote
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX Flag
Re: Stealth Grow Ideas ?!? Golden Teachers Take 2~ Iso PICTURES PLEASE [Re: truskool]
    #11466481 - 11/16/09 11:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I don't understand the big deal with stealth, but then again, I don't do anything else illegal or associate myself or my family with anyone who does.

I've got my shotgun and PMP right out on small table next to some bright windows in my living room, don't hide that shit at all. No one ever suspects it's anything wrong or fishy, just some mushrooms, you eat mushrooms on pizza. I've got veggies, fruit tree's and cacti/succulents aplenty outside so it's just another thing I'm growing.

If anyone does ask what kind, which is rare, I just say nameko or maitake or something, I know they don't know the difference, this is Texas.

--------------------
AMU

Offlinejhot369
~
 User Gallery

Re: Stealth Grow Ideas ?!? Golden Teachers Take 2~ Iso PICTURES PLEASE [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #11466483 - 11/16/09 11:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

noobieshroomie said:
stones as in sclortia
http://sporeworks.com/store/catalog/Psilocybe-galindoi-galindii-var-Georgia-ATL7-Large-Sclerotia-p-16273.html
all you do is inoculate grain jars Rey berries WBS ect...
and leave them in the jars until they are ready to harvest

-noobie-

I see , well im looking to get pins off of cakes rather than the deformity kind of look , Ive never liked mushrooms till I had my 1st trip, I still dont I just like thier affect, it would be hard to put something down like that for me.

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11466490 - 11/16/09 11:35 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

A few things might be a problem here. #1 how are you going to provide fresh air, which is the number one element to producing good fruits. An air wand won't provide enough exchange. You really need something bigger to allow air flow to naturally circulate. #2 when the mushrooms grow, them need space and will produce increased amounts of C02 which is make the mushrooms stall. They needs lots of air and high humidity and in that little space you will likely get neither. #3 is you need bright daytime ranged light. You don't use so much light it causes increase in temperature. You need it 12 hours a day. Plus is the draw wood? Moisture will cause rot and mold quicker than you think which will ruin the grow.

All things considering, grow some sclerotia producing species like Alt #7, Psilocybe Mexicana, or Jalisco. A quick search will give lots of good information. The spores are bit more expensive but compared to the PF tek the times will be close to the same. PF tek will take a while the first time through, close to 2 months probably. Start here http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10737324. I wouldn't fuck with the pf tek with what you are trying to do.

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Stealth Grow Ideas ?!? Golden Teachers Take 2~ Iso PICTURES PLEASE [Re: daytripper05]
    #11466526 - 11/16/09 11:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

im not sure you understand what stones are
they are not actual mushrooms with a stem and cap
they look like stones(little rocks)
they grow inside the jar no need to have a fruiting chamber
no perlite no vermiculite nothing just jars of grain
but them in your closet or some where out of sight
and forget about them they will do the rest

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:

Citric said:

Thank you mycochef

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Stealth Grow Ideas ?!? Golden Teachers Take 2~ Iso PICTURES PLEASE [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #11466548 - 11/16/09 11:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

lol..you must not be getting me or I must be doing a bad job of explaining. If it want to use a draw I am saying go for stones cause you just leave them in a jar...no FC required. I know what they are.

Any other method required much more space and parameters to grow successfully.

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Stealth Grow Ideas ?!? Golden Teachers Take 2~ Iso PICTURES PLEASE [Re: daytripper05]
    #11466570 - 11/16/09 11:47 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

naw daytripper i was talkin tho the OP
sorry for the misunderstanding

jhot369 read this thread it will help you understand what im talkin about
STONES

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:

Citric said:

Thank you mycochef

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11466595 - 11/16/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok..I was just looking at who the post was replying to.

But to the OP...

With that amount of space, you aren't likely to get many fruits or big ones. If you are worried about consumption there are a number of ways to ingest them without tasting them or even eating the actual solids themselves. Sclerotia is your best option for the level of stealth you desire...and why the amount of stealth is beyond me. If I had to hide it that much I just wouldn't it grow.

Offlinejhot369
~
 User Gallery

#11466637 - 11/16/09 11:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Here my current set-up which im fruiting now

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11447183

I can make it happen, 2x airstones+geo-lite, light for humidity mounted inside. rahter than the N rig method wth wireing + computer fan i can mount a air exhaust fan inside the box and run the exhast away from the wooden enclosure =D

hows tht sound for a fix?

The strain Golden teacher doesnt seem to be a MASSIVE mushroom they seem smaller in size than the others.

Offlinejhot369
~
 User Gallery

#11466681 - 11/16/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Not full stealth like I said just something to diminish lighting from illuminating my room.

I posted my smaller type growbox already I put a blanket on top of it and thats suitable for me, not really interested in the stone method due to the presntation of the mushroom like i said although i do realize is it the easiest method etc.. etc.. personally Ive read up on consumption methods from Icey martini's to kool-aid.

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11466682 - 11/16/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I guess we will just see how it turns out. Good luck.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates