Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSittingBull
Servant of the Void

Loc: Desensitized Death in the...
Slow ingestion= different come up?
    #11463937 - 11/15/09 10:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hi, this has probaly been asked before, but I was wondering if anyone has ever taken their time to ingest mushies and how it effects the trip and especially the come up?
By taking time I mean eating a bit, waiting a few Min's, eating a bit, waiting..... over a period of twenty Min's or longer. Usually it takes me only 2 or 3 Min's to ingest 3.5 g's ( I haven't actually timed myself, but I'm guessing around that length of time.)
I was wondering if it changes the trip to ingest over a length of time... your nervous system would get used to the mushies more gradually = a less chaotic trip?

If anybody has done this:
How would this effect the come up and the overall trip?
Does it make the trip "smoother"?
Does it take away from the trip?
Also could you take a larger amount of mushies and be able to "handle" it better?

Usually I find the come up to be very chaotic mentally and the best trips I've come to find are always the ones when I'm focusing on something during come up other then the fact that I just ate mushies.
Playing piano, or chess, drawing, being really into a movie or tv show, talking to someone and being really into the conversation, etc.... and this seems to be the most important factor in setting the feel of the trip for me, is what I'm doing during the come up. Don't get me wrong the chaotic/intense come up can be very fun, but sometimes it isn't, more so around other people then by myself. And it's not a factor with other hallucinogens, just shrooms for some reason. 

So does/has anybody ingested their mushies over a period of time?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsychoPsilocin
Playboy
Male

Re: Slow ingestion= different come up? [Re: SittingBull]
    #11464000 - 11/15/09 10:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It may help the come up if you gradually dose over the course of an hour or so. But when it hits, boy does it hit.

Gotta love that hit.

Offlinejimbotron
Patty-Cake Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Slow ingestion= different come up? [Re: PsychoPsilocin]
    #11464034 - 11/15/09 10:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've read that if you chew up the shrooms and keep them in your mouth for a while you end up absorbing a lot more. Never tried this because I don't like the taste but it makes sense.

--------------------
BEST TEAM IN THE UNIVERSE

InvisibleAlmostAsCoolAs
 User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: Slow ingestion= different come up? [Re: jimbotron]
    #11464827 - 11/16/09 01:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Chewing them for a while makes it hit you faster.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Slow ingestion= different come up? [Re: AlmostAsCoolAs]
    #11464834 - 11/16/09 01:16 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i find timing of things to be importent in maintaining a useful attitude during a trip. ingestion is one thing i'm keen on achieving properly for my mindset and "goals" if you will... or idea if you will.

OfflineGalTRooT
Stand-Up-Fella

Loc: Flag
Re: Slow ingestion= different come up? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #11464892 - 11/16/09 01:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I can hold them in my mouth for about 10 minutes if I feel particularly brave. Usually get a strong come-up when I try shit like that. Never have to wait more than 15 minutes for ignition.

--------------------

OfflineBeTheFlowers
Stranger
Male

Loc: All Over
Re: Slow ingestion= different come up? [Re: SittingBull]
    #11465377 - 11/16/09 06:09 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I was wondering if anyone has ever taken their time to ingest mushies and how it effects the trip and especially the come up?

This was my favored method when I tripped. I would make tea with about 1g of shrooms per 8oz of tea. I would drink the first glass slower over about 30-40 min. The come up from this is very mild. Then about the time I start feeling the first  glass I would  drink another one fast. The result was a mild slow come up and a good trip. You can keep drinking tea at a leisurely pace and trip all day. You can also chug a glass or two and send your trip to the next "level", at any time during the trip. I will admit, it takes more Shrooms to get to the same level of intoxication doing it this way, versus drinking "strong" tea fast. However, if you have plenty of shrooms and get come up anxiety this is the bee's knees.

--------------------
Band of Gypsys said:
They are just ordinary entities, let's not get all carried away.

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag