Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
About "Advanced Mushroom Cultivation" forum.
    #1145523 - 12/16/02 09:43 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hello there.

well, perhaps i am a bit sentimental guy and thats no good. i like shroomery and although there are now some other quality forums, i really feel The Shroomery as my place to meet people and exchange information and views.

i have about 800 posts, without being chasing for anything. I AM a mushroom cultivator, not a great one, but hopefully i am not the worst of all. Although i am working on new things and experimenting a bit, i dont think i should post in the advanced cultivation forum. I have done this a few times, when the topic was really applying to the rules.

Correct me if i am wrong, but when i first joined our company of friends here, the advanced forum was the place where all of us amateurs could read and fall in love with The Art of mushroom cultivation. Looking at pics posted by cultivators who had the knowledge AND experience.

Now, i dont even enter the forum. Dunno, its a loss of time for me, to seek the advanced discussions there. I always bump into posts that should definately be in the general cultivation forum.

Dunno if u guyz should do anything, dunno if its right to put a limit of posts to actually have the option of "replying" or "posting". Its not democratic. I dont propose any ideas here; i just wanted to share my complaint to u.

:smile: 

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: About "Advanced Mushroom Cultivation" forum. [Re: kykeon]
    #1145820 - 12/16/02 11:27 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i agree, the problem is, there is such a gap from cult to adv cult. i mean, anything other than general casing and pf cakes is considered adv . maybe there should actually be 3 cult forums. general, intermediate, then advance

as an example

gen.- 1st try at casing, cakes, general cube cult

inter- delving into other strains....pans, azure etc etc, bulk work, grain and agar work

adv.- new substrates, experimental teks and unorthodax proceedures, the "science" behind shrooms and cultivating..... things of a lot more technicle nature.

those were just examples to make my point. we have cult, which only encompasses about 5% of cultivating knowledge, the rest is bunched into adv. there should be a middle ground persay

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Edited by ChromeCrow (12/16/02 11:28 AM)

Anonymous

#1146413 - 12/16/02 04:22 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Re: About "Advanced Mushroom Cultivation" forum. [Re: ]
    #1147141 - 12/16/02 07:45 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, its just that i feel sad about that forum. newbies go in there and post whatever they feel like.

perhaps a warning that no advanced topics will be locked?

--------------------

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1148425 - 12/17/02 08:24 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

No use wasting space on the server... if a post is off-topic, it should be deleted.

Anonymous

#1150371 - 12/17/02 09:50 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1150400 - 12/17/02 10:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

So what do you want us to do??

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #1150825 - 12/18/02 04:53 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If you message me with links to posts you think are inappropriate, i will look at them.

It's the best i can do.

-Raadt

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Anonymous

Re: About "Advanced Mushroom Cultivation" forum. [Re: Anno]
    #1151198 - 12/18/02 07:47 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1151384 - 12/18/02 08:53 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

So what do you want us to do??

I think I remember sometime back there was some talk of a minimum number of posts required before being allowed to post in advanced. Was this ever put into place?

If not... why?

If so... how many?

Perhaps the requirement should be 25 posts in mushcult before being allowed to post in advanced.

Should an unadvanced Q be asked lock it as soon as possible and both tell the reason in the post and also send a PM to the poster explaining why.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Re: About "Advanced Mushroom Cultivation" forum. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1153143 - 12/18/02 08:00 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, i posted that too when i wrote the thread.

i think Anno and Raadt should work a few days in Advanced Forum to make things go in the straight line again. Not that now is a complete mess, but i think that the "Advanced" forum is the most important of all.

It deserves something better than posts like "my father has compost for edible mushrooms. can i use it for psychoactive mushrooms?" ( http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=1140771&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post1145871 ) . I mean, com'on, it has 10 replies!!!! is that advanced???

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1153149 - 12/18/02 08:09 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

>is that advanced???

Actually, yes.

The Advanced cultivation forum has 10% of the traffic Mushroom Cultivation forum has.

I don?t see a problem with such and similar questions, they don?t clutter the forum or anything.

Edited by Anno (12/18/02 08:09 PM)

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

#1153221 - 12/18/02 09:29 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

>> Actually, yes.

ok then.

>> I don?t see a problem with such and similar questions, they don?t clutter the forum or anything

no, i am not saying that there is a lot of spam or flaming in Advanced forum. Thank God, most Moderators are cool in this area.

The issue here seems to be "what Advanced Forum should be". We have different views on this. Its okee since i am an amateur cultivator and you are the moderator of the specific forum. Your view or opinion counts more and i accept this.

I suppose its time this discussion comes to an end. Nothing is to be done, except of remembering that at least one Shroomery visitor is not 100% satisfied with the Advanced Forum. Its not THAT bad anyway, i just dont like it this way and wanted to improve things. :wink:

BIG SMILES TO EVERYONE :laugh:

Peace 

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1153243 - 12/18/02 09:53 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I could talk with Thor about creating a kykeon forum.. :wink: 

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

#1153285 - 12/18/02 10:49 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

lol
Anno wait till u read my next-programmed post in this forum. lol i got an idea that will probably make u argue with me again :smile:

ok, i also think that Ellen Feiss needed a santaclauss' cap. but why did u mess up with her face? :wink: lol 

--------------------

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

#1154878 - 12/19/02 10:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Anno, on a second thought, i realised how the post i mentioned fits perfectly in Advanced forum.

when i read that someone is asking "can i use dung for mushrooms, for other mushrooms?" lead me for an unexplained reason to the following conclusions:

(a) the person who posted the question is not an advanced mycologist
(b) also he is not discussing any experimental procedure
(c) although dung-tek is not a simple pf-tek, the post had nothing to do with advanced cultivation techniques using dung.
(d) the post was not a story for psychedelic frogs, but it had something to do with mushroom science in general.

So my conclusion is that the specific thread is okee to exist in the advanced forum, because under the title of the forum it says:

For advanced mycologists, this forum is dedicated to the discussion of experimental procedures, advanced cultivation techniques and mushroom science

So its pretty okee :grin:

lol

Anno i hope i am not getting on your nerves :smile: Peace.

Aaaaargh. I just want the forum be a jewel, like it should be. 

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1154969 - 12/19/02 10:30 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I hope I?m not the only one who didn?t understand what you wanted to write....

Anonymous

#1157882 - 12/20/02 10:48 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1158079 - 12/20/02 12:09 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

This helps obviously, as I?m not... :wink: 

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

#1159287 - 12/20/02 11:49 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

okee, Anno, i am known of my distinctive personal humor expression, but you dont need to be Greek to cope with my words :smile: lol

The "Advanced" forum has a description, which i copied+pasted in my previous post. I got as an example one of the threads i wish there was in the other cultivation forum. All that was a reply to you stating that the specific thread was ok to be in Advanced forum. Well, i think it isnt, because it applies to the general rules only in terms of "general mushroom science" LOL . Its not advanced at all; i really dont understand why you insist saying so. :grin:

anyway

if i had to select between a perfect "Advanced" forum and a good friend from Austria, i bet my ass i want the second. So there is no reason to argue with you, because basically i like you, i wonder why :tongue:, but thats the truth. So lets keep everything as it is and...

Merry Christmas!!!    :laugh: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds