Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewithsoy
Stranger
Question about enoculating jars?
    #11446868 - 11/13/09 10:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

When I go to enoculate a jar with my syringe, do I have to use the entire syringe or just a few cc's per hole.

When I'm finished enoculating all my jars can I just put the cap back on the syringe and put it back in a dark cool place inside its baggy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Question about enoculating jars? [Re: withsoy]
    #11446877 - 11/13/09 10:07 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

first off inoculate starts with an "i". second DO NOT use the whole syringe. use about 1 cc per jar, so thats .25 cc per hole (if your doing the PF TEK, if your doing grain jars quart size use about 2cc per jar.) and when your done with the syringe wipe the needle with alcohol or flame steralize and cap it and put it in its baggie in the fridge.

--------------------
-Give a man some mushies, He'll trip for a day...Teach a man to cultivate, He'll trip for a lifetime-
:thumbup:Self healing Tyvek and Silcone lids for Trade... PM :pm: me:thumbup:
:syringe:Looking for anybody with extra spawn bags for trade... PM:pm: me:syringe:

Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

Loc: Best city in Texas
    #11446886 - 11/13/09 10:09 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You can use 1cc per hole or .5cc's. I did it both ways for my BRF jars and RGS jars and it didn't make a difference on the mycelium growth. It would also be helpful to know what jars your using. Also how many holes are gonna be on the lid.

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:
Anything that has been posted by the user "texas_raised" is all made up and make believe. The user texas_raised is not responsible, nor will be held liable, for anything that is posted, read, and written on this website.

Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

Re: Question about enoculating jars? [Re: texas_raised]
    #11446906 - 11/13/09 10:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ive done a test where i did .25cc, .5cc and 1cc per hole and to be honest i had better luck with the .25 cc per hole. don't know why but maybe the less water you add the better or something. but now i make my own syringes and have twenty sittin in the fridge and less is better for me when it comes to BRF jars. when it comes to grain jars i use like 3cc, seems like the more the better in quart jars

--------------------
-Give a man some mushies, He'll trip for a day...Teach a man to cultivate, He'll trip for a lifetime-
:syringe:Looking for anybody with extra spawn bags for trade... PM:pm: me:syringe:

Offlinedeeslebones
Psycho-not
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
    #11446915 - 11/13/09 10:15 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

really seems to just depend on if you got the substrate in your jars mixed right. if it is right, you dont want to mess up the moisture content in the jars, too much solution will throw it off... make it too moist.
but if your mix was off in the slightest, too much could be a good thing, for instance, i accidently put 4cc in one of my half pint BRF jars and it is colonizing faster than all the other jars that only got 1cc per jar. so obviously my mixture was off a bit and it needed the extra moisture.
just be smart with it. you'll be good.

--------------------
Thanks for the inspiration, Mr. Mushroom

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Question about enoculating jars? [Re: myco_mikey_mo]
    #11446917 - 11/13/09 10:16 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

grain jars i use like 3cc, seems like the more the better in quart jars

Faster, maybe. Probably not better. Use the fewest spores you can for any given inoculation for best results.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

Re: Question about enoculating jars? [Re: deeslebones]
    #11446935 - 11/13/09 10:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

it takes a while to learn what correct substrate looks like when doing BRF jars. for the first year my batches would come out too dry, then to wet. and like every fifth batch i'd get it just right.
1/2 cup verm
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup water
thats the guideline, so make sure your following that. and i found the more dry the cake is, the faster it will colonize, but the yields will be low. and the more wet the cake is, will take longer to colonize but the yields will be greater. so its just finding that perfect middle ground

--------------------

Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

#11446943 - 11/13/09 10:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

myco_mikey_mo said:
ive done a test where i did .25cc, .5cc and 1cc per hole and to be honest i had better luck with the .25 cc per hole. don't know why but maybe the less water you add the better or something. but now i make my own syringes and have twenty sittin in the fridge and less is better for me when it comes to BRF jars. when it comes to grain jars i use like 3cc, seems like the more the better in quart jars

The RGS jars I did were injected with 1cc per hole. It had just two holes. As long as the liquid hits the bottom then I think it's good to go. I also did some BRF cakes and injected 1cc in two holes and did .5cc's on another and it didn't make a differnece on rate of growth. Maybe I just got lucky and they sent me a good spore sample.

Everybody's experience is different. So don't sweat it

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:
Anything that has been posted by the user "texas_raised" is all made up and make believe. The user texas_raised is not responsible, nor will be held liable, for anything that is posted, read, and written on this website.

Edited by texas_raised (11/13/09 10:21 AM)

OfflineMr. Mushroom
Mrs. Mushrooms <3
 User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands
    #11446949 - 11/13/09 10:22 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i think it would mainly depend on the strain, b+ is multi spore so more could be better/faster whatever Treasure coast for example works better when isolated down into 1 strong strain, at least thats what ive been reading?

--------------------
"When the world starts going to shit....grow mushrooms!"
:mushroom2:

I lost my mind, its somewhere out there stranded!

Read my bio.

TRADE LIST  GROW LOG

Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

#11446960 - 11/13/09 10:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

myco_mikey_mo said:
it takes a while to learn what correct substrate looks like when doing BRF jars. for the first year my batches would come out too dry, then to wet. and like every fifth batch i'd get it just right.
1/2 cup verm
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup water
thats the guideline, so make sure your following that. and i found the more dry the cake is, the faster it will colonize, but the yields will be low. and the more wet the cake is, will take longer to colonize but the yields will be greater. so its just finding that perfect middle ground

:thumbup:
The ratios are 2:1:1. Verm/water/BRF.

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:

Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

#11446994 - 11/13/09 10:29 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

texas_raised said:
Quote:

myco_mikey_mo said:
1/2 cup verm
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup water

The ratios are 2:1:1. Verm/water/BRF.

oh yeah i forgot to post...that recipe is for a 1/2 pint jar.

--------------------

Offlinewithsoy
Stranger
    #11447264 - 11/13/09 11:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The strain I have is Keepers Creepers.

I'm using half pint jars.

2 cups verm.

1 cup brown rice flour.

1 cup water.

I'm just gonna use as little as possible.

How long will the syringe be good for in its baggy and in a dark place.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #11447288 - 11/13/09 11:27 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Put it away in a clean bag at a stable temp, it'll stay good a long time. Months to years.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

#11447306 - 11/13/09 11:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

withsoy said:
The strain I have is Keepers Creepers.

I'm using half pint jars.

2 cups verm.

1 cup brown rice flour.

1 cup water.

I'm just gonna use as little as possible.

How long will the syringe be good for in its baggy and in a dark place.

Just stick it in a new ziplock bag, zip it, and store it in your fridge. You can have it there for quite a while.

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:

Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

Re: Question about enoculating jars? [Re: Doc_T]
    #11447321 - 11/13/09 11:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
Put it away in a clean bag at a stable temp, it'll stay good a long time. Months to years.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates