Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

Loc: The Earth
Indoor Thermometer
    #11414799 - 11/08/09 10:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm looking for a useful Indoor Thermometer maybe one thing and sticky i could put on the wall to see how warm or cold it is in the room,  checking room temp.  thats what im looking for.  But I've never bough such a thing as a Thermometer.  in this case an Indoor Thermometer.

If I get an Indoor Thermometer one thats thin and sticky against a wall, will the wall temperature give off a wrong reading because its the painted room wall temp.  Myabe i should buy an electronic Indoor Thermometer to calculate how hot or cold the grow room is.  thank you for listerning to my questions and for answering with good advice as usual.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleavorg
Quixotic
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Indoor Thermometer [Re: mama]
    #11414870 - 11/08/09 10:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the closer to the actual shrooms, the more accurate it will be.

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
    #11414892 - 11/08/09 10:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

Re: Indoor Thermometer [Re: avorg]
    #11414897 - 11/08/09 10:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

avorg said:
the closer to the actual shrooms, the more accurate it will be.

ill need one for the room and one for the compost bag.  so i know indoor temp as well as bag temperature.

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

#11414909 - 11/08/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i want to know how hot or cold my grow room is as well as on the bag temperature.  its a compost bag.  so basically i could just get 2 sticky indoor thermometer.  one for the room to see how warm it is in the room.  and another for the bag.  i just want to know how warm it is or cold it is in my grow room not just the grow object itself, such as a tub or bag, or what ever.  i mean just the temperature of the room and the temp of the bag.  so just two sticky thermometers would work?  and if im so interested in knowing the temp of the grow room will a sticky thermometer on the wall throw off the reading?

Edited by mama (11/08/09 10:24 PM)

eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11414928 - 11/08/09 10:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You dont have to be that accurate. People use temp guages just to dial things in more precisely. If your growing cubes for the first time theres no real need to incubate or do anything fancy. Any temperature range from the 60s up in your house will be fine. Once you get that actual process of growing down, you can get fancier after that...

Invisibleavorg
Quixotic
Folding@home Statistics
    #11414938 - 11/08/09 10:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I know a lot of people don't like them but...

you could just buy the sticky aquarium thermometers. they come in a pack of 2 and can be moved if necessary(also under $5).

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

Re: Indoor Thermometer [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #11414953 - 11/08/09 10:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:
Any temperate range from the 60s up in your house will be fine. Once you get that actual process of growing down, you can get fancier after that...

you know im considering a compost bag injected with b+.  as you said 60's and up, the grow bag in a room of 60's and up is where it starts temp wise? 

i wanted a room therm so i know how hot or cold it is not for the mush grow, but just to know man is it cold or hot in here.  and a 2nd therm for the grow bag.  since its plastic the grow bag i figured just get a sticky therm

Edited by mama (11/08/09 10:33 PM)

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

#11414985 - 11/08/09 10:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

avorg said:
I know a lot of people don't like them but...

you could just buy the sticky aquarium thermometers. they come in a pack of 2 and can be moved if necessary(also under $5).

do the sticky thermometers when placed on my painted room wall give off wrong temperatures because they are calculating the wall temp, not the room, so if those sticky thems. are no good then i need an electric therm? one therm for room temp and one for the bag.

eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11415033 - 11/08/09 10:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mama said:
Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:
You dont have to be that accurate. People use temp guages just to dial things in more precisely. If your growing cubes for the first time there no real need to incubate or do anything fancy. Any temperate range from the 60s up in your house will be fine. Once you get that actual process of growing down, you can get fancier after that...

you talking about my grow bag idea?  making sure it's at least 60 and then up.

Yeah. I mean its a good idea to be around the high 70s, but not necessary. When I first started I knocked some pf jars up, but em in a bucket and that was it. When they were done I put em in another bucket with some perlite, put a light over the top and left it.

As for the temperature gauge. Maybe put it somewhere closer to where your setup will be? Like on the outside of your bin? You can warm your bags up if you want for efficiency. But when your first starting little things like that shouldnt be a big deal. The first thing to worry about is cleanliness.

Invisibleavorg
Quixotic
Folding@home Statistics
    #11415041 - 11/08/09 10:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

if you really want to then put it on something in the room like furniture etc.

it probably would give the temp of the wall in the spot where it is stuck, but since that part of the wall is exposed to air(I hope), the difference between the paint on the wall and the air will be very small(fraction of a degree).

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

Re: Indoor Thermometer [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #11415075 - 11/08/09 10:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ok im thinking first i might get an electric therm for the room.  so i know not based on wall temp what the room temp is.  second then will be sticky aquarioum therm for the bag.  ill try to keep the room above 60.  everything i said beginning to end on this post could be sumed to "that wasnt very hard was it?"

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

#11415091 - 11/08/09 10:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

avorg said:
if you really want to then put it on something in the room like furniture etc.

it probably would give the temp of the wall in the spot where it is stuck, but since that part of the wall is exposed to air(I hope), the difference between the paint on the wall and the air will be very small(fraction of a degree).

thats a good idea.  might be able to just put the sticky therm on the carpet floor near the grow bag.  maybe put the grow bag next to a space heater but distanced.  and space heat in once in awhile during the day and night randomly while keeping the room at least above 60.  sound good? getting a space heater wont be hard.  i got the money for it

Edited by mama (11/08/09 10:45 PM)

Invisibleavorg
Quixotic
Folding@home Statistics
    #11415156 - 11/08/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

space heater would be alright, but they tend to dry the air a lot. I'm not sure what your FC situation is, but this shouldn't be a problem during colonization. and space heaters tend to heat up the area in front of them much more than the rest of the room. personally i like a radiant type heater, or if you have a shotgun FC, you could keep a warm mist humidifier in the room. they actually raise the temp and help moderate it since there is more humidity in the air.

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

#11415210 - 11/08/09 10:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

avorg said:
space heater would be alright, but they tend to dry the air a lot. I'm not sure what your FC situation is, but this shouldn't be a problem during colonization. and space heaters tend to heat up the area in front of them much more than the rest of the room. personally i like a radiant type heater, or if you have a shotgun FC, you could keep a warm mist humidifier in the room. they actually raise the temp and help moderate it since there is more humidity in the air.

fruit in the bag was the idea to theory.  so colonize in the bag then fruit in the bag.  i should ask feel good if feel good trims the top at any point during fruiting.

Invisibleavorg
Quixotic
Folding@home Statistics
    #11415240 - 11/08/09 11:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not familiar with that particular method but you need FAE for fruiting so I would guess yes.

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

#11415386 - 11/08/09 11:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

avorg said:
I'm not familiar with that particular method but you need FAE for fruiting so I would guess yes.

i messaged her asking if u cut the tops off the mad season bag.

Invisibleavorg
Quixotic
Folding@home Statistics
    #11415436 - 11/08/09 11:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

how do you maintain humidity with this method?

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

#11415485 - 11/08/09 11:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

avorg said:
how do you maintain humidity with this method?

i actually think you keep the bag sealed till your ready to pick.  feel good nows how to do the mad season bag i was talking with her on message, i should ask her if you keep the bag sealed or not.  and how do you mantain humidity with the bag.

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

#11415502 - 11/08/09 11:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i emailed feelfunny, i didnt mean feel good, feel funny i mesaged with the questions

Edited by mama (11/08/09 11:39 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds