Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Young puffballs(some yellow inside,some white inside...same on outside)
    #11374802 - 11/03/09 05:37 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've stumbled upon a upuffball patch in my yard.
I opened up two of the little guys out of 30 or so and 1 was tellow and on was marshmellow white
They both looked about the same on the outside.
I would love to try a young puffball, but I wonder if the white can change into yellow

They both were growing inpaors with another puffball so I think I'm going to go back in a couple of days and check those.

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Young puffballs(some yellow inside,some white inside...same on outside) [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11378023 - 11/03/09 03:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The inside of a puffball starts out white, then changes color as the spores ripen. When fully ripe they will be brown.

If you want to eat them you need to get them while they're still entirely white inside.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Young puffballs(some yellow inside,some white inside...same on outside) [Re: ToxicMan]
    #11378035 - 11/03/09 03:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

cool info.... :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: Young puffballs(some yellow inside,some white inside...same on outside) [Re: dicky21]
    #11378222 - 11/03/09 04:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

young internally-white ones (even though they are headed for yellow etc.) are edible is what you're telling me?

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Edited by RonPaulVerm (11/03/09 04:25 PM)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Young puffballs(some yellow inside,some white inside...same on outside) [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11378338 - 11/03/09 04:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yes. they all discolor as they mature and their spores [the colorant] develop, and they all should be collected and consumed before that happens.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates