Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGunther
Stranger
don't want help just suggestions :)
    #1132577 - 12/11/02 12:25 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ok I have very limited space. I am growing under a bed. I will be vacumming and putting large amounts of lysol under there everyday (not directly on the grow of course). Should I buy something to clean the air under there like a plug in thing? Note there is an outlet under there. Here are my concerns. I am using a glass aquarium 20 by 10 by 13 with myco bags. It barely fits under the bed and for heat i will use a reptile heating pad, one that turns off at 85 degrees and won't burn down the house  :smile:  My problem I guess is humidity and light. I was thinking about putting a cup with perlite and some water to solve this only because heating pads of any sort are infamous for getting things to dry. I have a thermometer and humidity gauge, right now in my setup, the humidity is at 40 but since the humidity in the actual mycobag is different I don't need to worry about this right? The bags will not be sitting directly under the heat pad they will be in a well positioned spot don't worry. Concerning the light - now from what I've read 3 hours is all one really needs. Since i am unable to fit any practical source of fluro light I am going to be forced to use on of those book lights, which emits 2 - 10 watts. WIll this not work? should i get a new aquarium that is smaller so i can isolate the chamber from the bulb. Note the light is going to have to hang from the underside of my bed so a store bought lamp or something isn't good. I need something which emits no heat and VERY LITTLE light.  Please help me out. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetwistedweather
ka-blammo

Re: don't want help just suggestions :) [Re: Gunther]
    #1132615 - 12/11/02 12:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

sounds like the invitro tek or chronic tek might be the way to go if you have severe limited space

http://www.mycotopia.net/discus/index2.html

check under hippies teks

--------------------

Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water bath is to the body.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Edited by twistedweather (12/11/02 12:41 PM)

OfflineGunther
Stranger
    #1132676 - 12/11/02 01:04 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

umm i read hippies invitro tek and well I'm using myco bags also i couldnt find chronic tek...could u give me a direct link?

OfflineMycroGuy
Cool Guy
    #1133077 - 12/11/02 03:38 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

if you want light that dont put out to much heat i would recomend using X-mas lights there safe for under the bed and there not to strong

--------------------
If you cant beat them, join them, then beat them!

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1133200 - 12/11/02 04:23 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Why are you growing under your bed? I hope not to hide it from your parents or something like that because that would be the first place I would look....

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Anonymous

#1133275 - 12/11/02 05:02 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I have thought of the heat from light problem and was wondering if photo luminecent nightlights would provide the proper kind/amount of light. They produce no noticable heat and draw almost no power. :confused:

http://www.addedtouchstore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=2007U&variation=&aitem=2&mitem=2&back=yes

OfflineGunther
Stranger
    #1133316 - 12/11/02 05:19 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Kudos to all who responded. Thanks for that green light, that looks tight except im looking for something to sit directly atop the aquarium, I need a more "contained" light source. I am hiding it from everyone I know. And it's a plus in case my parents do come visiting one day. I have not and will not tell anyone I grow ever, thats the number one mistake anyone who has a similar occupation can make. Think about it... even your best friend could make a simple mistake and you might go to jail, it's just not worth telling people. They know one thing which has total power over you... fuck that's like telling someone your darkest fear or desire. Why give them such powerful knowledge? Plus it's so much more fun when it's a secret  :grin: 

OfflineGunther
Stranger
    #1133323 - 12/11/02 05:22 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I just had a great idea...I have those rope lights! what if i wrap them in like a spiral shape and hoover them above the tank! They do get hot but not really too hot. AND they are meant to be turned on for like 6 hours! dope! Will it work? Probably! it emits a grip of light! Thanks all!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies