Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Is this a Hernia?
    #11284784 - 10/20/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have a small bulge which appears in the right side of my pubic area, after periods of intense physical exertion.

It is obvious but not huge, looks maybe like a golfball half protruding from inside my pelvic area.

It does not hurt at all, and easily pushes back in. It is squishy, and non solid.

The thing is, i have had it for years. I've recently become concerned now that i am swinging kettlebells and sometimes it is present when i shower afterwards.

Is this a hernia? Should i be worried? How will a Dr. diagnose/treat it....

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Is this a Hernia? [Re: PDU]
    #11284920 - 10/20/09 03:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It's def something that needs to be looked at.  Odd growths are an uninvited guest.  Definitely get it checked out man, kettlebells definitely take you to the limit as far as physical exertion goes - so staying uninjured is key.

When I started the 16kg ROP for the first time this past spring, I had such intense abdominal pressure (Clean & press/snatch) for such extended periods of time that I developed epididymitis (look it up, it sukcs).  I've been SLOWLY easing myself into the ROP this time so I can avoid a repeat, it was terrible.  Terrible.

Invisibledr_gonz

. [Re: memes]
    #11285855 - 10/20/09 05:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Is this a Hernia? [Re: PDU]
    #11286242 - 10/20/09 06:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That sounds like an inguinal hernia, a common occurrence in men who tend to lift things. This is where you have a loop of your bowel that pushes into the inguinal canal. This is a canal that starts in the lower part of your abdomen and forms a tract which tunnels into your scrotum. This is because as an embryo the testes and ovaries start out in the abdomen, if the fetus becomes male the testes begin descending through the inguinal canal through the inguinal ring into the scrotum.  There is an opening just near your pubic bone where you feel the loop of your bowel protruding out and in a lot of cases it can just be pushed back in - this is called the inguinal ring. However if it comes out continually surgery may be needed to prevent this from happening. That is something that would be determined by your doctor and a surgeon.

The reason you should get this looked at is it can be come what's called "incarcerated inguinal hernia" that is where the bowel twists and the blood supply to it gets kinked and that section of bowel will die. You'll need emergency surgery to remove it before it leaks bacterial and stuff into your abdomen and cause a bad infection sorta like an appendicitis would.

So in short, get it looked at.

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Is this a Hernia? [Re: dr_gonz]
    #11289265 - 10/20/09 11:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
:lol: you sell that kettlebell hard. i love it

I'm in love with it.  It's fucking awesome.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Is this a Hernia? [Re: neuro]
    #11290267 - 10/21/09 04:31 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

neuro said:
That sounds like an inguinal hernia.

Yup, looking at the wikipedia picture of an inguinal hernia, that is forsure what i have. Damn - i was really hoping to get away with this.... i am very scared of having surgery.

Ill have to see the doctor next month when it slows down at work...

I've had it forever, so im not feeling especially in a rush.

Thank you for your detailed explanation Neuro.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom