Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLoganSmith
Stranger
 User Gallery
How sensitive is bulk to contams like trich?
    #11263467 - 10/17/09 12:39 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I just did a sucessful PFTek run with 6 cakes and was planning on doing more. The only thing to stop me from going to bulk set up (WBS to coir) is the fear of contams. I have a terrible trich problem where I live, it is a basement with rugs. Now I grow for fun and a hobby so I am not modifying my living quarters to eliminate or reduce the trich. (IE plastic the carpet, rip up the rugs ets) So please do not even suggest that.

My question is, during the substrate colonizing phase, how likely am I to get trich? I am going to try it as I have about 4 qt's of WBS goin right now but I am thinking of doing like 30 PFtek jars soon before the temps drop too low to grow so I have some for the winter.

--------------------
"i tripped normal for the first 3 hours, started coming down, then opened my eyes and it was 3 hours later, pitch black outside, and i was outside of my body, looking at myself dead on the couch.  this lasted until midnight "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How sensitive is bulk to contams like trich? [Re: LoganSmith]
    #11263475 - 10/17/09 12:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

well myc should be able for the most part hold its ground when colonizing the Sub we give it a helping hand by pasteurizing. If you know you have a trich infected place do all you can to clean it up make it hospitable for mushrooms. I would give it a shot and see how it goes

Offlinenastos
secret secretions
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11263477 - 10/17/09 12:42 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

clean everything real good disinfectant spray is your friend.

no ones going to be able to tell you the probability of contams.. who knows... maybe maybe not.. your best bet is just get to work and be as clean as possible given your current situation.

--------------------
:shrug:

OfflineGrizzdude
Twistificated
 User Gallery

Loc: The year of the Big Dirty
    #11263485 - 10/17/09 12:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'll tell you what boy! My first mono just got trich yesterday. Did a couple things wrong. No thermo in sub so I know it wasn't pasturized correctly, Also sub was too wet. At dat 14 cobweb and trich took over. It's easy to over wet your sub. Gonna give another go but with a 1:2 ratio this time. GL

OfflineGrizzdude
Twistificated
 User Gallery

Loc: The year of the Big Dirty
    #11263486 - 10/17/09 12:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

DP

--------------------

Edited by Grizzdude (10/17/09 12:45 AM)

Offlinedarkestmage
Medical Student / Ski Bum

Re: How sensitive is bulk to contams like trich? [Re: Grizzdude]
    #11263511 - 10/17/09 12:53 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

As your substrate flushes more and loses nutrients to produce fruits it will become weaker and weaker.  I've had cakes go 5 flushes before and just literally stop working and sit for weeks and not contam.  But monotubs for me always end up fruiting and fruiting anf fruiting andf eventually after the 3rd flush they contam and I gotta pick the remaining pins off and toss the rest.

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: How sensitive is bulk to contams like trich? [Re: darkestmage]
    #11263571 - 10/17/09 01:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

me to, people say throw them out after 2 but i just cant i always waite till they stop or contam

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

OfflineLoganSmith
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: How sensitive is bulk to contams like trich? [Re: feelfunny]
    #11267692 - 10/17/09 07:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the only reason I am sure I have tons of trich is no matter how i prepare the PF tek jars. If there is an exposed hole, even with a 1/2 inch verm barrier the shit gets trich. If I put tape over the holes after I am 100% fine.

Anywho, I am going to try it. I may try and clean up my room.

-Wash walls with 10% bleach
-Saturate rug in some type of cleaner (not sure yet) I can vacuum excess moisture out with my shopvac.
-Wipe/spray everything with disifectant like lysol or alcohol

Then I am put some pickling lime on my carpet or salt and grind it in. Maybe do this every so often as long as it doesnt stink my room up.

--------------------
"i tripped normal for the first 3 hours, started coming down, then opened my eyes and it was 3 hours later, pitch black outside, and i was outside of my body, looking at myself dead on the couch.  this lasted until midnight "

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags