Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMycOhunter

Strangest or Worst?
    #11239083 - 10/13/09 12:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What is the strangest, scariest, worst thing that has happened to you while camping?

My GF and I were camping at this very secluded area and we had some herb with us, we woke up in the morning and made love under some trees then smoked a bowl, after we were done smoking a park ranger pulled up and told us that the camp area we were at was off limits.

He then walked over and showed us a sign that had been torn down by someone that said "NO CAMPING", I had a shirt on that had marley on it smoking a huge spliff, he then asked if we had anything we shouldn't, I said no sir, after that he said to make sure we were out of there by noon, it scared the hell out of my girl and I.

We were very scared, but enjoyed a good laugh of relief after our interaction with the ranger.

Another time my GF and I were hiking the Appalachian trail and decided to stay in one of the many shelters along the trail, at night we heard some type of large animal growling and walking around the shelter, probably a bear we never saw it, but it scared us, thank god we had the food stored high up in a tree.:thumbup:

--------------------
True Community:  The process of deep respect and true listening for the needs of the other people in this community.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Strangest or Worst? [Re: MycOhunter]
    #11240295 - 10/13/09 03:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I was recently camped beside the road, beside lake tahoe + left an empty can of chicken 50m up from my tent (i didn't want to walk the scent across my camp, and felt it would be better to leave it higher in the woods)

Anyways, i had 2 bears picking at it in the morning, and they ran off with it.

Besides that, i had some extremely cold nights in Bolivia.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleMycOhunter

Re: Strangest or Worst? [Re: PDU]
    #11283639 - 10/20/09 11:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Common guys I know some of you have some cool stories, please share.

--------------------
True Community:  The process of deep respect and true listening for the needs of the other people in this community.

InvisibleLord Mayonnaise
 User Gallery

Loc: Sub Country Flag
    #11355962 - 10/31/09 05:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I was camping one summer in the Otways Ranges in Australia with two other friends. One of the nights we got really stoned and walked around forest and we saw a gravestone. We all got paranoid for no stupid reason thinking there were zombies and we frantically ran back to the campsite. I tripped over and got a few cuts. Later that night we could hear things in the forest like footsteps and rattling of objects. In the morning our food that was left out around the campsite was obliviously taken by animals.

OfflineAzura
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Strangest or Worst? [Re: Lord Mayonnaise]
    #11409410 - 11/08/09 03:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Camping in NSW, friend was driving around a dirt track on the side of a mountain and the tail end of the van lost traction and he over corrected. He ended up going over the edge which freaked us all out. Luckily a fallen tree was there to catch the van. Totally smashed the front end of the van.

Stupidest thing was the same trip. Hitting a tomato soup can that someone had put into the camp fire. I was fortunate enough not to be hit by any shrapnel in the blast but everyone in the campsite thought I was covered in blood due to the colour of the soup. Burnt all my face, arms and legs and stank like soup for 3 days. I learned my lesson.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Strangest or Worst? [Re: Azura]
    #11409446 - 11/08/09 04:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Azura said:
everyone in the campsite thought I was covered in blood due to the colour of the soup. Burnt all my face, arms and legs and stank like soup for 3 days. I learned my lesson.

OMG. Why was the can in the fire?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineAzura
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
    #11409504 - 11/08/09 04:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It was the end of the week and some of the other campers decided it was easier to ditch the food in the fire rather than take it home.

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
Re: Strangest or Worst? [Re: Azura]
    #11472091 - 11/17/09 05:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Camping this September with my GF and our 2 dogs (Germ.Shep & Border Collie). Of course I was tripping, she was drunk. After a long day of swimming in the lake we ate some hot dogs & s'mores. Laid down to try and get some sleep as we were to leave in the morning.

2-3 times she woke me up complaining that she heard animals scavaging in our shit. Finally, tired of being pestered, I woke up our (still sleeping-yeah, great watchdogs!) dogs and sent them out of the tent. I laid back down and went to sleep.

When I got up to piss, just before sunrise, I found all of our stuff scattered around, food gone, and cooler tipped. After pissing I noticed both of my dogs fur was matted with blood, and 3 raccoon carcasses in a pile next to the fire pit.

I knew she would freak if she saw the bodies so I tried to get rid of them. No sooner than I picked them up a park ranger saw me and started questioning what had happened. Just as I was starting to explain my GF came out and started screeming that our dogs were dead, they weren't (just asleep).

To make an even longer story short-

I got a ticket for letting dogs loose.
I got to pack up everything by myself.
I got to give the dogs a bath in the lake.
I lost the rest of my shrooms.
I got a new coonskin hat, with three tails.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #11472140 - 11/17/09 05:33 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

a couple of years ago a friend and i where hiking in the sierras, about 6 hours from my old place. it was the middle of summer, and hot, with a clear sky.

when our water started to run low, we kept a quart aside for emergencies and made out way down to a seasonal creek bed. we hiked along this until we found a shaded spot where the bed was cut into the bedrock, and found some residual water. the area had lots of free range cattle and you could see they used this watering place regularly, so we decided to boil it.

broke out the wisperlite, set it up and started pumping. *crack* the pump breaks and and a spring flies out. the stove is in flames. we put it out and re-consider out options.

oh well, let's break out the water filter.

we do so, and begin to pump.

guess what? *crack* and it's leaking and not pumping water.

oh well, we've got about a quart of water and we can get back comfortably enough it we take it easy.

we begin to head back and about an hour later it becomes clear that in that heat, there is no taking it easy. we drink what's left of he water pretty quickly and we're not even half way home. it's a scorcher.

we make our way, slowly and surely, heavily burned.

by the time we get down out of the hills, we take one last rest, a mile from the house. after resting for a while, i can barely stand, so my body decides to take a nap. fighting that, and knowing we have some heat stroke i'm infuriated that we are a mile from home and can barely get there.

we get back to our feet and start trodding, each step heavier than the last. after what seems like hours the last mile is closed and we stumble into the house, plop down on the sofas and contemplate drinking water.

i can barely manage getting to the sink, filling a giant tumbler and bringing it to the sofa. i don't even get to take a sip before i pass out and sleep for 14 hours.

it was a relatively short trek, we kept an emergency reserve of water, brought two means of treating water and it still almost turned out bad.

that kind of thing scares my, but it doesn't keep me out of the wilds.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
    #11472713 - 11/17/09 09:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I was the only person sleeping outside by the fire in the Cohutta wilderness, after having taken two hits of DOx the previous day. I heard a strange sound, an animal rustling through the forest. I figured that it was a raccoon or squirrel, but it was actually a black bear about 50 feet away from me eating our food. I went into the tent with everyone else and fell asleep. Fucker ate all of the ramen. I was still tripping pretty hard, too.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Edited by robbyberto (11/17/09 09:25 AM)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Strangest or Worst? [Re: robbyberto]
    #11472740 - 11/17/09 09:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the last time i went camping [carson iceberg wilderness] i got up at 4am to run a bear out of camp.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Strangest or Worst? [Re: canid]
    #11476721 - 11/18/09 03:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

canid said:
the last time i went camping [carson iceberg wilderness] i got up at 4am to run a bear out of camp.

Is this typically a good idea?

The one or two times it's happened to me, i just adopted the "lay really still" defense.

However, i never had a cooler or any real camp set up besides my tent...

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11476743 - 11/18/09 03:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

it's not generally a good idea, but this was a wild blackbear. they aren't as bold as humanized bears.

i'm pretty used to them, and i did have back up protection.

--------------------

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
    #11476817 - 11/18/09 05:40 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

canid said:
it's not generally a good idea, but this was a wild blackbear. they aren't as bold as humanized bears.

i'm pretty used to them, and i did have back up protection.

I don't think the condom in your wallet was going to help you, or the bear.
:rofl2:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Strangest or Worst? [Re: fltdriver82]
    #11476822 - 11/18/09 05:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

sure it does, but i was referring to a rather different form of protection, in case the sex got too rough.

--------------------

InvisibleChronick
Connoisseur Of Hallucination
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington, USA
    #11608248 - 12/08/09 01:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
The truth is always hidden in plain sight.

Edited by Chronick (07/07/10 01:50 AM)

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Strangest or Worst? [Re: Chronick]
    #11611774 - 12/08/09 06:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Out camping one time, a black widow spider got in the tent.  The end.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Strangest or Worst? [Re: Chronick]
    #11647022 - 12/14/09 03:45 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

post a pic of ur staff!

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures Flag
Re: Strangest or Worst? [Re: Cracka_X] * 1
    #11665240 - 12/16/09 09:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

One time I was up solo backpacking in some sweet Idaho mountains. Afternoon came, and the weather went from almost entirely clear skies to fast-charging black thunderheads. I was posted up at a big lake, and pretty soon all hell broke loose. Rain started coming down in sheets, and I watched several trees get nailed by lightening, some only 200' or so up the hill from me. The thunder was deafening. The whole atmosphere felt totally electrified.

I decided to get crazy and snort a fat line of DMT. I'd always wanted to experience DMT in an intense weather setting or crazy natural event, so the time seemed ripe. Under my tarp with rain beating down, I take the toot. Within a minute I'm trippig heavily, and all the mountains shifted into such beautiful faces and geometry that I literally felt like I was unworthy of witnessing what was before me. So I closed my eyes, and a golden hydra/snake engulfed my consciousness. All this was pretty neat, but the vibe of the trip was foreboding, like I shouldn't have done it. Looking back at the mountains, the faces seemed to disapprove. Up in the sky, this geometric shape appeared that looked very much like a fist with the middle finger extended. God(?) was flippin me the bird.

I didn't know what to make of that. By this time, I'm coming down and the storm has pretty well played out and night is descending. Except now, the lake basin I'm camped in is getting full of smoke from lightening-struck trees. Since it was dark and smokey, I decided there wasn't much I could do besides crawl under my trap and snooze, which I proceeded to do. If a fire came, I figured, I could just jump in the lake as a last resort.

I awoke the next morning to what appeared to be clear skies. Sweet, I thought. There was a nearby peak, which partly comprised the rim of the lake basin, which I proceeded to climb up that morning. As I climbed higher I couldn't help but notice a growing smoke column to the north. As the morning got warmer, the smoke column erupted in magnitude. There was some major shit burning in the area I'd hiked through just a couple days ago. It looked like it was really close to the trailhead, where my car was parked, but I couldn't tell as I neglected to bring a real map, choosing instead to do a rough sketch of my route from a real map. Within an hour or so, there were several heavy air tankers working the blaze. Someone apparently thought it was serious.

My original plan was to hike back to the trailhead to complete my loop around the mountain peaks. This didn't seem feasible now. After returning to and breaking camp, I decided to keep hiking. If I couldn't go back to my truck, I could hike out an alternate route, though I wasn't exactly certain where this route was. Luckily, there was a well-stocked cabin near the half-way point of the loop, up on a hill. From here I could either hike out the long way or see if the fire was suppressed and finish the loop. I hiked up to the cabin, and for the first time all through the trip, I had cell service. My worries were null at this point, besides the prospect of my car burning, which I didn't really care about that much.

Checking my voicemail, I had several messages from local sheriff's offices and my family, wondering if I was alright. The sheriff had seen my car at the trailhead and was able to get my info and call my family. I let them both know the story, and they said to hang tight because the Forest Service might fly me out. So I waited, enjoying the amenities of the cabin, the rad scenery, with the one large smoke column and several smaller creeping fires off in other directions, which would occasionally torch whole trees. Sure enough, I got the call that they were sending a helicopter. Sa-weet!

I ate a big dinner, and after a bit I could make out the machine coming in. They circled and landed right outside the cabin. A dude hopped out and gave me a flight suit and helmet to wear, and stuffed by pack in the cargo compartment. I had the whole back area to myself, not to mention a sweet view. We flew over the same area I'd hiked in, then through thick smoke and over the fire, which had torched some substantial acreage. I couldn't shut up, having not talked to anyone for days and being totally stoked with the way things worked out. We landed up at the trailhead, where a hotshot crew was busy falling trees and building fireline--the fire had actually come right up to the trailhead, and discolored the paint on the only other vehicle there. The shot crew had wrapped my 4runner up like a Christmas present in fire-shelter material and it was totally bomber. I thanked everyone profusely and then realized that not all tax dollars go to waste--sometimes you get a free scenic helicopter ride out of the wilderness, right when that's all you could really ask for.

I'd have to call this my Strangest and Best outdoor experience.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: Strangest or Worst? [Re: Grok]
    #11667308 - 12/17/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Awesome story Grok!  That'd be the coolest ending to a trip I can think of, besides stumbling across a 15 pound gold nugget or 200 karat diamond. :tongue:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom