Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestarfirex
Cactus Hippy
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
Effects Classification and Other Notes About Magic Cactus
    #11233275 - 10/12/09 01:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The following are an attempt at an effects classification for a moderate strong dose of magic cactus, i.e. one to two feet of T. Bridgesii....

Timeline:  Hours 1~2... first visuals and body load, body sensations,

Hours 2~4  Strong body load, body sensations and visuals
Hours 3~9 Heavy visuals, peaking, mind fuck, body tripping
Hours 8~20 Comedown

Effects:
Visuals: Color enhancement, Changing colors, fluid surfaces,i.e. walls and streets flowing with color like liquids, 'shining,' that is, brightness and shining of surfaces and objects, especially during come-up, 'Emerald Isle Visuals' which are closed eyes but sometimes open eyes on heaviest dose, these are columnar objects that are jeweled, patterened roads, towering crystal plants, etc, Morphing faces of spirits, odd animals, etc, Cobweb or linear patterns, fractal patterns, breathing or moving objects, wax or plastic doll appearance of people, figures of entities, especially outside, animation of scenes, 'sparkling'--this is one of my favorites, it is fields or bursts of sparkling light such as you might see in a lava lamp, thick fat tracers, not the strobe trype, linearizing of things like trees, multi-colored 3D relief of objects, or alternately, flatting of objects.

Auditory:  Enhancement of sound and music, sizzling, crackling, humming, buzzing, and other assorted mechanical sounds, whistling, wind, or distant voices.

Tastes:  Extreme sweetening of sweet objects--chocolate dipped ice cream cones are one of my favorites.  Water also tastes very sweet when I peak.  Other enhancement of normal tastes.

Smell:  General enhancement of odors.

Body Trip:  tingling in extremities, pressure 'sinking into objects' 'strapping'--the feeling that bands are on your legs and arms, extremely pleasant pressure on arms and legs, vibrating muscles in legs, with rushing up the body into brain, rubber legs or arms, shaking, hot or cold flashes.

Body Load:  sore joints, vomiting (especially after eating too much white snot of cactus) having the shits, queasiness or nausea, racing heart, pressure on breathing or chest.  Most of these except painful joints are in hours 1 ~ 4, after that Im fine.  Painful joints after I start coming down.  Also, I rarely experience racing heart unless I get anxious.

Mind Fuck: Time dilation, especially hours 3~6, laughing, hysterical laughing and the thought that things are silly, anxiety (rare except during come-up, paranoia (rarely, even at peak), extreme euphoria, crying with happiness especially during music, socializing, dreaminess and loose thought flow, extreme clarity of thought and intellecualizing (like clarity of a medium amphetamine dose)--this is unlike acid which often scatters me, and one of the biggest differences I note between acid and cactus.  horniness--this is a big one, a lot like MDA, lack of hate, fear (rare, except during come up,) ego-death and depersonalization, talkativeness, and alternately wanting to be quiet and lay down and drift.  Usually Im talkative during the peak, and want to dream and drift during come-up and come-down, sleepiness, more like a trance state, other introspection about self, and euphoric spiritual experiences. 

Summary of thoughts:  I usually experience body load and negative thoughts/ideas during come-up, and the positive after the peak starts and during come-down.  One negative I get is when I start coming down and Im saddened that it has to end....usually I will re-dose at that time if Im going to.

Summary of hallucinations:  All are available and even terrifying things (monsters, demon faces or such) aren't threatening.  Usually visuals are from hours 1.5 until the end of the trip, with some recurrence for 2 or 3 days.  Open eyes and closed eyes are just as intense, but more fun in the dark.

Comparison with acid:  Mush less mind fuck, less anxiety, but just as intense visually.  Lasts longer than acid, and the visuals are similar but still qualitatively different, it's hard to describe though.  More dreaminess with cactus and less speedy heart...easier to sleep. 

Well, if anyone else can add to this, feel free.  After all, these are my observations Im sure others might see it different.  Sorry for the long post.

--------------------
If the neighbors complain 'cause the music is too loud, turn it up so you can't hear them bitch. ~ I'm blowing my mind....one ass-kicking trip at a time.... :cool:

Edited by starfirex (10/12/09 03:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Effects Classification and Other Notes About Magic Cactus [Re: starfirex]
    #11233318 - 10/12/09 01:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That was a great overall description of a mescaline trip. I can relate to alot of what you said, both about mescaline and LSD, though I've only taken mescaline extract.

Offlinestarfirex
Cactus Hippy
Male User Gallery

Re: Effects Classification and Other Notes About Magic Cactus [Re: krypto2000]
    #11233380 - 10/12/09 02:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i'd like to add that unless I do enough to experience alsmot all of those effects, including some body load and negativity, I am not satisfied after the trip.  1.5 to 2 feet of Bridgessi on an empty stomach, done as a raw cactus tea--in limeade or lemonade--gets me to that level.  I've noticed that doing it with water or after eating doesn't get me as tripped.

--------------------
If the neighbors complain 'cause the music is too loud, turn it up so you can't hear them bitch. ~ I'm blowing my mind....one ass-kicking trip at a time.... :cool:

Offlinestarfirex
Cactus Hippy
Male User Gallery

#11234604 - 10/12/09 05:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Dow the lack of response indicate I covered all possible effects, except maybe the rarest?

--------------------

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

#11237209 - 10/13/09 12:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i cant read it right now. i cant understand english anymmore right now. but it looked like a trip report so good vibes to u my man! :w0ahhhhmahnnn:

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Effects Classification and Other Notes About Magic Cactus [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11237549 - 10/13/09 01:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's a cool smiley. Haven't seen that one before and I've been here awhile.

Invisibledrr
Female

Re: Effects Classification and Other Notes About Magic Cactus *DELETED* [Re: starfirex]
    #11241473 - 10/13/09 06:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by drr

Reason for deletion: N

Offlinestarfirex
Cactus Hippy
Male User Gallery

Re: Effects Classification and Other Notes About Magic Cactus [Re: drr]
    #11241571 - 10/13/09 07:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think it has more to do with anxiety.  Some of those serotonin receptors cause anxiety in general, but I notice it at come-on only.  I was surprised to read that both mescaline and LSD and Psilocybin affect various Serotonin and Dopamine receptors, but in different ratio's.  I also read that mescaline requirement for high dose dose and long come-on are because it doesnt well cross the blood-brain barrier...but Ive noticed that good T. Bridgesii comes on really fast and hard. I found a good scientific paper also on Psilocybin: http://www.maps.org/research/psilo/psilo_ib.pdf if anyone is interewsted.  BTW....Im cutting up and juicing another 2.5 feet of Bridgesii right now.... :tongue2:

--------------------

Invisibledrr
Female

#11241613 - 10/13/09 07:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So why haven't I heard about T Bridgesii before? Is it stronger than Pedro? Than Peruvian torch?

Offlinestarfirex
Cactus Hippy
Male User Gallery

Re: Effects Classification and Other Notes About Magic Cactus [Re: drr]
    #11241632 - 10/13/09 07:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, it's pretty special.  It's also called Achuma, it's from Bolivia.  Some say it is the most psychoactive of the Trichocerues species, and my experimentation agrees.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichocereus_bridgesii ; there's the wiki link.

--------------------

Offlinedesertfungi
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: The West
    #11241917 - 10/13/09 07:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Just a very cool cacti hint people. ENJOY.
I have ordered from these kats many times. They are small and the service is almost non existent. But just know what your ordering before you order and you will never have to worry about it. Here is the link
riverssourcebotanicals.com

They are for real. I dont know how they do it. But they do it and with respect.

--------------------
Fighting microbial invasion one degree at a time.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Effects Classification and Other Notes About Magic Cactus [Re: desertfungi]
    #11241966 - 10/13/09 07:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm going to be taking san pedro most likely, does it really last 20 hours? I read on erowid that mescaline was 8 but yet i've always heard it was like an entire day

Can someone clarify please?

--------------------

Offlinedesertfungi
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11241973 - 10/13/09 07:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I too love the cacti and have munched a many Tricho species in my time.
I have made it more than a hobby to collect and grow as many medicinal species of plants I can (legally). There are of course the many we can not.

Cacti is not only a holder to a key of more elusive worlds. They are also great plants to own in general. They seem to bring positive energies into my home and ultimately my life. I have had some so long i can only guess there age to be in the 16 years range. I have some that are 5 years old and are no bigger than a dime. I have had Tricho species that I tied to the ceiling of my home for fear that would topple if someone brushed them. I have unfortunately never successfully gotten a Tricho species to bloom. But much greater success with others.
At any rate, I love these guys.

--------------------

Offlinedesertfungi
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Effects Classification and Other Notes About Magic Cactus [Re: learningtofly]
    #11242020 - 10/13/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It is much longer than your shroom trip on average. But really depends on the amount consumed, what was in your stomach to begin with, and environment you are exposed too. The very first time I tried mescaline I was kind of surprised at the length. But dont let this fool you. Even though it is longer. Many times it is more euphoric and peaceful. Even though visually things are going nuts.... It never seems to be very scary or intense in a bad matter for me. Not like LSD (that I also love) where I feel anxiety on the ride up.

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #11242074 - 10/13/09 08:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Is it kinda like how with DMT even though it's super intense, it's so euphoric and when its happening you think "Wow this is awesome" and you wish it lasted longer?

--------------------

Offlinestarfirex
Cactus Hippy
Male User Gallery

#11242111 - 10/13/09 08:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I pretty much agree with this.  But I think Bridgesii is a whole other animal compare to Pedro and Torch....Pedro to me is like Mescaline, but Bridgesii is like DOM a lot.....with a lot of MDA type feelings.

--------------------

Offlinedesertfungi
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Effects Classification and Other Notes About Magic Cactus [Re: learningtofly]
    #11242160 - 10/13/09 08:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
Is it kinda like how with DMT even though it's super intense, it's so euphoric and when its happening you think "Wow this is awesome" and you wish it lasted longer?

It depends. Mostly yes. But there are those moments where (if you are indoors) you feel overwhelming compelled to go outside. Only to find that everything is bending and warping so with such fluid like force, you can not really get there. For me this itself is not overwhelming or scary. But the thought that I might fall into another person or a table or something like that concerns me a little. Even though this has never happened. It gives me some discomfort at that stage. But in no sense is it frightening. Just overly concerned i would say.

--------------------

Offlinestarfirex
Cactus Hippy
Male User Gallery

#11242275 - 10/13/09 08:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I thought I was the only one who felt this....that sometimes, I wanna go outside.  And as I look through the window, its wonderland out there and kinda spooky, but I go anyhow cause some freaky stuff is happening.  But, yea, I always get urges to get up and go outside.  Well...we will see..I am in the process of gagging down over 2 feet of Bridgesii... :tongue2:

--------------------

Offlinedesertfungi
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11242300 - 10/13/09 08:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the first time I tried it was first thing in the morning. It was wild. We woke (girlfriend and I) we munched, we meditated, and then the strangest thing happened. we both passed out and slept for like 10 more hours. it was amazing. Relaxing deep sleep filled with vivid dreams. I contribute this effect to low dosage or potency in that plant. We each ate about 6" inches on our first attempt. Not enough by my standards at all.

--------------------

Offlinedesertfungi
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11242316 - 10/13/09 08:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Have a great journey my friend. Be free spirited and go where they take you......

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds