Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineiPxPxFi
Stranger

Suspected Gyms & Other Mushies ID Request plz
    #11195319 - 10/06/09 05:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So today i took a long ass trek through the heart of the local forest. Below are my suspected finds of the day. I also met some new forest friends, Jerry the Buck, and Francesco, Jan, and their son Ivan the Wild Turkeys, and Bill the Angry Spider, As well as stumbling onto a huge 3ft long bees nest dripping with honey (all of which were camera shy)

These are the suspected gyms I found. They were pretty fucking dry and smelled like fruit though. They were still fairly moist though. (Pics below)

Habitat:
Rotting Tree.

Gills:
Orangish Tan/light brown? Attached. Wavy.

Stem:
Length - all were within 2 inches to about 5 inches long. Color - White. Texture - fibrous. rough. They were pretty dried out it seemed so they felt thick sum were really hard some were really soft. Also all of them had an annulus.

Cap:
Diameter: about 1.5 inches to 3 inches.
Color: Some were tannish brown, some of them were dark orange.
Texture: Soft, spongy feel.  Im not sure how to describe the shape. The pics should explain it pretty well.

Spore print color:
Still waiting. Will update.

Bruising:
None that I could tell.

Other information:
Smelled kinda nice, sorta like fresh fruit.

Moving on Here are some other finds that i didnt pick. An ID would be nice jus tbecause i want to learn there names. I suspect the first 3 are some form of Mycena.

This lil guy was extremely small. Hadda use Macro Shot to the Max.

Next up sum other tiny ass shrooms on the same log.

Moving on these were the first guys i found and looked pretty fucking old. They felt hard too.

This here was a suspected puffball but I couldnt get a very good shot.

Giant Shelf Mushroom of some sort. Oyster maybe?

I dont know what these are but they looked like pancakes. One of them was extremely bright red but i wasnt able to get a picture of it.

Lastly this is the wierd ass random suspected ritual circle me and a friend found.

And this is all the shit i came through to find these.

Edited by iPxPxFi (10/06/09 06:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineiPxPxFi
Stranger

Re: 5 HR Trek in deep woods. Suspected Gyms & Other Mushies. [Re: iPxPxFi]
    #11195487 - 10/06/09 05:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

no help? I think the first one looks sorta like Gymnopilus sapineus but i need an experts opinion.

OfflineiPxPxFi
Stranger

#11195811 - 10/06/09 06:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Would it be safe to take a small taste of the suspected gyms or is that pretty much frowned upon?

OfflineTheShroomanizer
Stranger-Danger

Loc: The Swamp
    #11195837 - 10/06/09 06:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well, yes but make sure its a small piece, roll it around in the front of ur mouth, and then spit it out, do not swallow. Gymnopilus are known for their extreme bitterness (in fresh species) i have never tasted dry ones, so as far as taste goes im not sure. There are some poisonous look-alikes like galerina, so like i said, a small piece wont hurt you just spit it out after flavor, i normaly spit multiple times and wash my mouth out with water (good practice)

--------------------
Trading Prints

-Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could listen twice as much as we speak-

OfflineiPxPxFi
Stranger

Re: 5 HR Trek in deep woods. Suspected Gyms & Other Mushies. [Re: TheShroomanizer]
    #11195846 - 10/06/09 06:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

cool the
Quote:

TheShroomanizer said:
Well, yes but make sure its a small piece, roll it around in the front of ur mouth, and then spit it out, do not swallow. Gymnopilus are known for their extreme bitterness (in fresh species) i have never tasted dry ones, so as far as taste goes im not sure. There are some poisonous look-alikes like galerina, so like i said, a small piece wont hurt you just spit it out after flavor, i normaly spit multiple times and wash my mouth out with water (good practice)

awesome. how small? i dont wanna kill myself doing this shit. lol. like the size of like a 4th of a penny?

OfflineTheShroomanizer
Stranger-Danger

#11195893 - 10/06/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yea thats fine. just spit it out after you get the taste, imo, those dont look like any gyms iv seen, but then again i have only seen gymnopilus luteus/luteuofolius/spectabilis My avatar is Gymnopilis Spectabilis(Junonius)(Big Laughing Gyms) The white stem is what is throwing me off, and something about the gills.

--------------------
Trading Prints

-Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could listen twice as much as we speak-

OfflineiPxPxFi
Stranger

Re: 5 HR Trek in deep woods. Suspected Gyms & Other Mushies. [Re: TheShroomanizer]
    #11196028 - 10/06/09 07:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

it might be bc theyre dry as balls. they dont really look like any gyms ive seen either....there just something about them....looks familiar but cant fucking recall.

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #11196108 - 10/06/09 07:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The annulus is NOT PERSISTANTLY HIGH - and the colors are off specially the whitish stems

Close call but not an active gym - nor would i for sure call them gyms at all

Keep hunting bro i swear they will find you!!

--------------------
http://

OfflineiPxPxFi
Stranger

Re: 5 HR Trek in deep woods. Suspected Gyms & Other Mushies. [Re: sporeRider]
    #11196132 - 10/06/09 07:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wiscokid said:
The annulus is NOT PERSISTANTLY HIGH - and the colors are off specially the whitish stems

Close call but not an active gym - nor would i for sure call them gyms at all

Keep hunting bro i swear they will find you!!

thanx man. :smile: its supposed to rain a bunch on thursday and beyond here so hopefully ill find sum fresh gyms. also i found a shit ton of fresh horse shit so hopefully i might find sum panaeolus too.

OfflineTheShroomanizer
Stranger-Danger

#11196164 - 10/06/09 07:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

depending on where your located, you could find alot more than just panaelous. =D good luck

--------------------
Trading Prints

OfflineiPxPxFi
Stranger

#11196190 - 10/06/09 07:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thanx. yea my state only has panaeolus and gyms listed but that doesnt meen i couldnt find sum other actives too. not many shroomerites in this state that i know of.

OfflineTheShroomanizer
Stranger-Danger

#11196204 - 10/06/09 07:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like Virginia to me :rolleyes:

--------------------
Trading Prints

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract