Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSillySiteMan
Candyman

Loc: Prancing In The Daisies
New strain?
    #11166889 - 10/01/09 10:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Im not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but it seemed to make more sense to post it here. Im not sure if it would be a new strain, sub-strain,or whatever... but is it possible i have stumbled upon something?

Our recent Huatala grow has yielded some very large, abnormal bruising mushrooms that are VERY potent. We have done 3 separate runs on different people and every time they have "blasted off" and my good friend compared it to his liberty cap trip. I understand at first it sounds like some noob thinking he did something leet but these are NOTHING like the results we are getting from a separate group of cakes.

We started with a random print from a friend and created karo lc. Then we noc'd up brf cakes. After that we randomly picked one cake and cut a sliver of rizo and made an lc. We crushed up the rest of cakes and spawned to coir/verm/eggshells. With the LC we noc'd up WBS and spawned to same ratio coir/verm/eggshells. Im thinking that after we did that step we accidently isolated without knowing? if thats plausible..

The fruits on the BRF spawns range from 12-17g wet and are very light colored and barey bruise. 4g trip gave me small visuals but very deep mind. Similar results on 4 others to try them. The fruits on WBS from the LC however range from 20-42g wet are very dark colored, and bruise incredibly bad. You can literally watch it turn blue in front of you. 4g trip on these and i fought to control reality. It may sound wierd but i was not "here". We have a nice group of 3-4 people that have tested trips on both groups of cakes and they say the trips are absolutely nothing alike.

My question really is...did we stumble on some strain? is this just "consistent" fluke these cakes are kicking out? I was under the impression that cubes werent at the top of charts of potency...We are currently working on obtaining agar to clone/isolate the next big shroom that pops out, but please set me straight on what might be happening.

--------------------

Edited by SillySiteMan (10/01/09 10:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSillySiteMan
Candyman

Re: New strain? [Re: SillySiteMan]
    #11166908 - 10/01/09 10:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinefordrew

#11166995 - 10/01/09 10:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Heck, clone it and take the spore prints off of it and do more grows with it.  Could potentially become a new sub strain.... just as penis envy was a mutant of some other strain and it was isolated and cloned and it is what we have today...

OfflineSillySiteMan
Candyman

Re: New strain? [Re: fordrew]
    #11167124 - 10/01/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thats exactly what i was thinking! I am admitting it to be a complete freak accident, but no matter...i feel if it something new i need to do my best to isolate it.That would be such a waste if it died off... just wanted to make sure my thoughts are possible.

These are the only pics i saved of the BRF ones..wasnt impressed with teh trip so didnt bother with many pics. I can get more on last flush though if more comparisons are needed.

--------------------

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

#11168369 - 10/02/09 06:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

'Tis Possible I think.  Isolate it more and more until it consistently puts out spores that produce those characteristics and you're in business.

Offlinetroncotron
Stranger

Re: New strain? [Re: libertaire]
    #11168459 - 10/02/09 07:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

well, this is not a new strain at all in my opinion. First of all, it´s important to know if the Huatla cake was inoculated by a multispore solution. In this case, several substrains could be growing together in the cake, and even in the same mushroom. So, if you clone it you will have to isolate sectors and fruit them separately, then compare the bruising and potency. However, it´s dificult to measure potency, and more difficult to distinguish between two similar substrains. Potency is a very difficult trait to improve, in mi opinion.
Otherwise, as far as i know, there are only two ways to develope new strains from cubensis gene pool: hibridization and mutation

Edited by troncotron (10/02/09 07:06 AM)

OfflineSillySiteMan
Candyman

Re: New strain? [Re: troncotron]
    #11169085 - 10/02/09 10:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

that's what I'm thinking though.... I think this IS a wierd mutation. I've seen no huautala pics that resemble my results. and the friend who compared it to liberty caps tried 8g of the brf huatalas and said it was nothing like the 4g wbs group. is there a way to send a print and have a mycologist tell? or what kind of steps can I take to eventually know for sure? if any of the heavyweights could shed some light....

--------------------

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #11169344 - 10/02/09 11:31 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

A mycologist won't be able to tell much from the spores.  It sounds like a you found a superior sub-strain that may have resulted from a spontaneous mutation or just a lucky recombination of existing genes.  You should archive spores from this crop and grow more from these same prints to see if you get the same results.  If its stable from spores, I'd call it a new strain.

Saving the offspring of the best producers is an ancient tradition in agriculture and animal domestication and doesn't require any technical expertise.  Although your results are somewhat subjective that doesn't mean they aren't real.  No one has ever  quantified the psilocybin/psilocin content of the PE strain so all claims or superior potency are also subjective.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

OfflineSillySiteMan
Candyman

Re: New strain? [Re: Workman]
    #11170524 - 10/02/09 03:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I am printing every large shroom I get, might it be possible to send one of these prints to someone like yourself to try growing independent of everything I used to see if there's similar results? if his is a new strain I feel responsible to get these prints into the hands of pros hehe

--------------------

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #11170827 - 10/02/09 04:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sure, I'll give it a look.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: New strain? [Re: Workman]
    #11170926 - 10/02/09 04:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting, that bruising is pretty strong.  When you're mentioning 3-4g are you talking wet or dry weight?

-FF

OfflineSillySiteMan
Candyman

Re: New strain? [Re: fastfred]
    #11171217 - 10/02/09 05:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

4g dry. and workman could you perhaps send me a pm with a location to send the print? or should I wait til after I try and isolate?

--------------------

Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right

#11174001 - 10/03/09 09:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You ate 4g dry and are able to say that it was unusually potent?

BAH

Some penis envy fruits end up so potent that people are getting strong visuals off 1.5 g dry.

When you eat 4g dry you are not going to be able to detect differences in potency. At that dosage the trip is going to be mostly dependent on the surroundings and the people you are with.

--------------------
The above post is fictional, hypothetical, or downright nonsensical.

:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:    :moon:

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

Re: New strain? [Re: anonjon]
    #11174006 - 10/03/09 09:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Potent would be at 4 grams you don't know who you are, where you are, or what reality is.

Edited by libertaire (10/03/09 09:10 AM)

OfflineSillySiteMan
Candyman

Re: New strain? [Re: libertaire]
    #11174131 - 10/03/09 10:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah your right. at 4g i had NO idea where the fuck I was, I just knew I wasn't here. I'm not making this shit up to sound cool, my friend had 8g of the regular ones and barely had visuals. he only needed 4g of the others and he was out of this realm

--------------------

OfflineSillySiteMan
Candyman

#11174211 - 10/03/09 10:30 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Heres some pics of a few from the brf ones again...just for more comparison.

--------------------

Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right

#11174291 - 10/03/09 11:01 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SillySiteMan said: my friend had 8g of the regular ones and barely had visuals.

yeah, sure. Apparently you aren't drying them very well.

--------------------
The above post is fictional, hypothetical, or downright nonsensical.

:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:    :moon:

OfflineTrauma
Stranger

#11174322 - 10/03/09 11:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SillySiteMan said:
yeah your right. at 4g i had NO idea where the fuck I was, I just knew I wasn't here. I'm not making this shit up to sound cool, my friend had 8g of the regular ones and barely had visuals. he only needed 4g of the others and he was out of this realm

Sounds like the "regular ones" are just really weak and the "BRF one" are just normal.  cuz 4g is supposed to get you that F**** up.

OfflineSillySiteMan
Candyman

Re: New strain? [Re: Trauma]
    #11174386 - 10/03/09 11:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Just look at the pics..there is no way they are the same mushroom. Ill be sending a print to workman to check out..hopefully he will be able to shed some light later on.

--------------------

OfflineSomeFella
Stranger

Re: New strain? [Re: Trauma]
    #11174785 - 10/03/09 12:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Trauma said:
Sounds like the "regular ones" are just really weak and the "BRF one" are just normal.  cuz 4g is supposed to get you that F**** up.

Yes...the regular ones were pretty mild...but Siteman aint pullin your chain here....

I have eaten (in the 4g dry range) Azures (hand picked in astoria), Cyans , Liberties and SEVERAL different cubes....These ones he is talking about stack right up next to any of those more potent species and then blow ANY cube I have eaten the fuck away...

Among the cubes I have eaten recently in the 8g range: Chitwan from a rye bulk, B+ from brf, and the "regular" Huatalas.....I would say my 4g trip of the "mutants" topped these trips by at least 4 to 5 fold no joke no exaggeration......

"When you eat 4g dry you are not going to be able to detect differences in potency. At that dosage the trip is going to be mostly dependent on the surroundings and the people you are with. "

If you cant tell the difference between 4g of different mushroom strains (even different cubes).....then....you dont know what your talking about....eat more mushrooms.........

Believe it or not guys....I dont really care because I have plenty of this strain and I KNOW what it does.....This is not my first or even 20th time trippin so I think I should be allowed to gauge potency by now...no?

Bottom line: This strain gave the most extreme visuals I have ever experienced....and extremely potent body high.....and then when they take you (even at around 2-3g) you dont need your eyes anymore.....

Hows that Haterade taste? NOT AS GOOD AS THESE SHROOMS I BET :mushroom2: :tongue2:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder