Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSerdal
Stranger
Male

Smoking yopo seeds
    #11165587 - 10/01/09 06:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I recently tried ayahuasca, which didn't go so well as I was unaware that 90% of the experience would be severe nausea.

After the horrible ayahuasca experience, my friend sold me some yopo seeds for a cheap price so I didn't hesitate to buy them. I'm aware that they're popularly snorted as "snuff" but I was more curious about smoking them, even for minor effects. I was planning on cooking them so they pop, removing the shell, crushing it up, and then throwing it in a pipe or bong and just seeing what happens. One of the things I was most concerned about was 4-ho-dmt (bufotenine) as I've heard it's toxic at high doses. However, I couldn't find any information on it regarding its content in yopo seeds and if the concentrations are high enough for it to play a role in which I should be concerned of.

Is anybody aware of the safety issues with smoking yopo seeds in general and/or concerning bufotenine?

- thanks

--------------------
*insert signature here*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsychedelicious
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking yopo seeds [Re: Serdal]
    #11167322 - 10/01/09 11:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You shouldn't have as much nausea when you smoke them as if you eat them orally. However, you will get nausea with this method. I'd smoke a bit of weed to mellow it out if you need to.

Another method you should try is to eat 3 datura stramonium seeds along with eating the seeds orally. If you eat 2-4 of the a. columbrina seeds that way you'll have good CEVs, some OEVs and trip pretty well for a few hours. The datura stramonium seeds counteract the nausea.

--------------------
<metatron> i dont think the surface area of a mushroom is quite ideal to administer psychoactive compounds anally

Offlineoliverfrank22
Stranger
Re: Smoking yopo seeds [Re: Psychedelicious]
    #11167657 - 10/02/09 12:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Datura?  Are you serious...?

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: Smoking yopo seeds [Re: oliverfrank22]
    #11167664 - 10/02/09 12:47 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Datura in inactive/low doses.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Offlineredfishbluefish

Re: Smoking yopo seeds [Re: teeter]
    #11168293 - 10/02/09 05:45 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yopo seeds vary widely in content from what I've read. They contain any combination of 3 primarily active alkaloids IIRC. DMT being only one of those.

Cebil seeds are mostly just bufotenine. Bufotenine is NOT a toxic nasty chemical like often thought, it just has some impurities that are necessary to get out of the seeds. There is some wonderful threads on both these over at dmt-nexus, the "other psychoactives" section (http://www.dmt-nexus.com/forum/default.aspx?g=topics&f=14).

I'm personally eager to get cebil seeds soon. Smokeable half mushooms half dmt strongly visual with very little to no "mindfuck"? Sign me up!

(Bufotenine -> 5-ho-dmt, psilocin -> 4-ho-dmt, for those unaware)

OfflinePsychedelicious
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking yopo seeds [Re: oliverfrank22]
    #11169010 - 10/02/09 10:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

oliverfrank22 said:
Datura?  Are you serious...?

Yep. As mentioned, you just eat 2-3 seeds. In fact, I combine them with many psychedelics whenever they cause me nausea. Including mescaline.. they can potentiate mescaline quite a bit though, so be careful w/that one.

--------------------
<metatron> i dont think the surface area of a mushroom is quite ideal to administer psychoactive compounds anally

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder