Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs?
    #11118163 - 09/24/09 09:41 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Realistically. It's about what YOU really believe, all pro or anti lobbying aside.

What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs?
You may choose only one
What is worse for your overall health?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (09/24/09 09:41 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs? [Re: Asante]
    #11118195 - 09/24/09 09:48 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think it depends on how you smoke your weed. Blunts are obviously worse than a water filtered bong.

I've came across quite a few articles which claim beneficial effects to marijuana smoke.

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
Re: What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs? [Re: Asante]
    #11118200 - 09/24/09 09:49 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Inhaling burnt plant matter, in general, is unhealthy.

Vaporizing, on the other hand, is not.

:volcano:

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs? [Re: meatcakeman]
    #11118275 - 09/24/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If you vaporize wrong, you are still inhaling lungfulls of oven-hot air, which probably isn't good even with no drug involvement.

What I consider important is total consumption.

The AVERAGE tobacco smoker smokes one pack a day, thats 20x 0.75gr = 15 grams of burnt plant matter each day.

The Average marijuana smoker smokes one-tenth of this a week, and it takes a dedicated stoner to smoke 1/8oz of quality weed a day.

So in grammage the average smoker smokes 105gr a week while the average marijuana smoker smokes 1.5gr in the same time period, and a dedicated stoner still is under 1 ounce.

Have 1000 people smoke a pack a day and 1000 people smoke 15 grams of strong weed a day and let a decade pass. The tobacco people likely will have more deaths, but i think average health among the weed smokers of that quantity would be worse.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (09/24/09 07:00 PM)

InvisibleDynoo
-
 User Gallery

Loc: - Flag
Re: What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs? [Re: meatcakeman]
    #11118296 - 09/24/09 10:06 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Blunts are too harsh for me. I'm an asthmatic smoker and I'm allergic to smoke and ....basically.... life. My lungs get congested really bad and I wheeze the whole day. Joints and pipes aren't bad. Bongs with ice cold water feels the best. I have a vape, but it's weird. The vapor makes me wheeze in a different way. It's not harsh like a blunt, but it feels like I have a little something to cough up all the time and no matter what, I can't get it.

I put Neutral because the effects of wheeziness goes away shortly after I smoke. I'm fine the next day.

--------------------
-

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs? [Re: Dynoo]
    #11118332 - 09/24/09 10:14 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, so many people have said detrimental.  I almost said beneficial but decided on neutral.  I have never experienced anything detrimental to my lungs from smoking the herb and I having been doing so every day for about a year and a half and on and off before that.  I haven't been smoking long enough to say for sure, but I'm willing to bet that my lungs will always be just fine.

--------------------

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs? [Re: Dynoo]
    #11118334 - 09/24/09 10:14 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

STAL  :crankey:

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #11118354 - 09/24/09 10:20 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

unlike most voters I chose that smoking that much weed is worse for your overall health than smoking cigarettes. Smoking that much weed every day most likely results in you doing nothing every day. This will probably result in psychological problems which can result in bad physical health due to lack of motivation for exercising or eating healthy.

Offlinefeifen

Re: What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs? [Re: Jair]
    #11118363 - 09/24/09 10:23 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

It is pretty hard to vaporize wrong with a vaporizer.

I've been smoking 7 years and for the past two I can smoke up to 5 grams daily if I really felt like it

My lungs are healthy as can be. I find it easier to exercise after I smoke because my lungs are opened up after I vape

It depends how you smoke.
Quote:

Jair said:
Wow, so many people have said detrimental.  I almost said beneficial but decided on neutral.  I have never experienced anything detrimental to my lungs from smoking the herb and I having been doing so every day for about a year and a half and on and off before that.  I haven't been smoking long enough to say for sure, but I'm willing to bet that my lungs will always be just fine.

I've been smoking for 7 years daily besides a few times I took tolerance breaks.

I am what you probably call a Chronic Smoker

I have experienced no lung problems
I don't cough up shit
I don't have a shortness of breath
I can exercise even better than I did than I was younger

So I'm going to have to say neutral.

Edited by feifen (09/24/09 10:23 AM)

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery

#11118364 - 09/24/09 10:23 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I'm the only one so far that chose beneficial. I've always heard pot is good for asthma.

--------------------
]

Offlinefeifen

Re: What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs? [Re: Wysefool]
    #11118367 - 09/24/09 10:24 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

^ Yup it opens up your airways

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs? [Re: feifen]
    #11118385 - 09/24/09 10:28 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Realistically i think there are A LOT more factors than just smoking.  There are so many things in the air i breath here in the US that are dangerous and cancerous too.  But realistically i think 10 years of heavy weed smoking and then not smoking weed ever again... i think its neutral.  I can stop smoking pot when ever i want, but cig smokers cannot do it.  The addiction potential makes them very different to compare.  Its like comparing coffee and cocaine.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlinefeifen

Re: What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #11118396 - 09/24/09 10:31 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

10 years of cig smoking vs. 10 years of pot smoking

Pot wins by the long shot.

Tobacco is a no contest. Doesn't matter how much weed you smoke, it is pretty damn safe regardless of how much you smoke.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs? [Re: stefan]
    #11118457 - 09/24/09 10:48 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I agree Stefan! I smoked a gram a day and got nowhere in my abuse years.

Then theres factors of munchies-obesity and elevated heart rate for a decade, in the susceptible.

And yes, weed opens your airways, but that also means the tars and toxins of the smoke penetrate deeper into the bronchi. If people want their airways opened, how about a tictac? :yesnod:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #11118987 - 09/24/09 12:50 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Vaporizers and bongs FTW!

I've been smoking weed daily for like the last 6+ years and I can't tell much of a difference in my lungs. It never feels like I'm getting short on breath any quicker than I did 6 years ago. I never cough up black shit or anything from my lungs. :shrug: (I don't smoke cigs by the way)

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #11119011 - 09/24/09 12:54 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I played soccer for my state, my high school team and my regoin 2 (midwest) team.  long story short i played a lot of competitive soccer my life.  I was stoned for all my home highschool games.  I was a daily smoker when playing all over the US.  I never noticed a difference.  I still go out and run today in my post-soccer days.  Still don't notice a difference...  I also don't smoke tobacco.  Cannabis has done no noticeable harm to me (physically):shrug:  Weed makes me a lazy fucker tho:lol:

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #11119030 - 09/24/09 12:57 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

you won't get lung cancer, but your lungs still fill up with tar, I can actually feel that I have it in mine, but I smoke about 7 grams per day if not more, used to be a tobacco smoker and smoked two packs a day but quit due to health issues, some of which are coming back now due to all the pot smoke.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#11119062 - 09/24/09 01:03 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

It would obviously be detrimental. I also think 2.5g of pot a day would be worse because of all the tar and resin and the smoke is unfiltered.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: What effect do you realistically expect chronic pot smoking to have on your lungs? [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #11119088 - 09/24/09 01:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Blunts are obviously worse than a water filtered bong.

I've came across quite a few articles which claim beneficial effects to marijuana smoke.

I dont see how water is filtering anything more than ash, you see more tar 
buildup in a standard pipe than bongs, I just dont perceive any actual
filtering with a bunch of smoke filled bubbles... a little cooling maybe

there's also a lot of articles on the benefits of smoking cigarettes

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11119090 - 09/24/09 01:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Math FAIL

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
The AVERAGE tobacco smoker smokes one pack a day, thats 20x 7.5gr = 15 150 grams of burnt plant matter each day.

Have 1000 people smoke a pack a day and 1000 people smoke 15  1.5 grams of strong weed a day and let a decade pass. The tobacco people likely will have more deaths, but i think average health among the weed smokers of that quantity would be worse.

:grin:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale