Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
LSD dosage myths
    #11072095 - 09/16/09 06:36 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

It sort of irks me in a weird way whenever someone goes on about the microgram content of their hits. I've gotten into this argument many times and I imagine I will continue to do so in the future.

I can pretty much guarantee you, provided your not laying it yourself, that the hits that you have are not >100ug.

Think about it, if a gram of 100% pure crystal is 10,000 hits and none was lost whilst dispersing it into the dosage medium, then the maximum possible dosage would be 100ug.

Given the fact that this is an illegal market, which carries a very high risk and requires a reasonable amount of skill to do the monetary reward is a big factor. From an economic perspective; why would people half their profit to double the strength of their hits? I know that unlike most other illegal markets money isn't the largest consideration, but it still is a massive factor, or else people would not undertake this work.

People greatly underestimate the potency of acid and I don't think many people realise just how much of a big dose 250ug is (~5 average blotters).

Select quotes from the DEA's "LSD in the US":

Quote:

Cooking LSD is time consuming; it takes from 2 to 3 days to produce 1 to 4 ounces of crystal. Consequently, it is believed that LSD usually is not produced in large quantities, but rather in a series of small batches. Production of LSD in small batches also minimizes the loss of precursor chemicals should they become contaminated during the synthesis process.

LSD crystal produced clandestinely can be as much as 95- to 100-percent pure. At this purity—and assuming optimum conditions during dilution and application to paper—1 gram of crystal could produce 20,000 dosage units of LSD. However, analysis of LSD crystal seized in California over the past 3 years revealed an average purity of only 62 percent. Moreover, LSD degrades quickly when exposed to heat, light, and air and is most susceptible to degradation during the application process and once it is in paper form. As a result, under less than optimal, real-life conditions, actual yields are significantly below the theoretically possible yield: 1 gram of LSD crystal genarally yields 10,000 dosage units of LSD, or approximately 10 million dosage units per kilogram.

Over the past 30 years, the traditional dilution factor for manufacturing LSD has been 10,000 doses per 1 gram of crystal. Therefore, dosage units yielded from high-purity (95- to 100-percent pure) LSD crystal would contain 100 micrograms. However, dosages currently seen contain closer to 50 micrograms. This discrepancy stems in part from production impurities: during the sythesis process, manufacturers generally fail to perform a final “clean-up” step to remove by-products, thereby lowering the crystal’s purity. Further, though average purity of tested LSD crystal samples is, as noted, 62 percent, the average potency of doses analyzed is approximately 50 micrograms rather than 62 micrograms, as would be expected. The diminished potency can be attributed to distributors who, when applying the crystal to paper, often “cheat” by diluting 1 gram of crystal to produce up to 15,000 or more dosage units.

Source: usdoj.gov

Quote:

LSD potency or strength is measured in micrograms. In the 1960’s and early 1970’s, LSD potency generally ranged from 100 to 200 micrograms per dosage unit or higher. Analysis of exhibits during the late 1970’s indicated an average potency in the 30- to 50-microgram range. From the mid-1980’s to the present, LSD potency has remained considerably below levels reported during the 1960’s and early 1970’s and generally has been in the range of 20 to 80 micrograms per dosage unit. As a result of this comparatively low dosage level, many users perceive LSD as “safe,” thus enhancing the drug’s attractiveness.

The production of lower potency LSD was a conscious marketing ploy passed down from an older generation of producers for two primary reasons. First, producing lower potency doses meant that the same volume of LSD liquid or crystal could be diluted into a larger number of dosage units, thereby boosting profits significantly. Second, lower potency doses yield fewer adverse reactions on the scale of those seen during the 1960’s and early 1970’s.

Source: usdoj.gov

This whole dosage thing was first brought to my attention after reading chinacat's Crystal to blotter thread and was also brought up in Albert Hoffmann's own 'LSD my problem child'.

Thoughts?

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
Re: LSD dosage myths [Re: Cepheus] * 1
    #11072129 - 09/16/09 06:42 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i love acid

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: LSD dosage myths [Re: Cepheus]
    #11072136 - 09/16/09 06:43 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Shit grinds my gears as well.

--------------------

InvisibleSleepyF0x
I bleed nicotine...
Male

Re: LSD dosage myths [Re: DeathCompany]
    #11072161 - 09/16/09 06:48 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

my thoughts: who cares?

seems more like an ego thing more than anything.

--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD dosage myths [Re: SleepyF0x]
    #11072170 - 09/16/09 06:51 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I disagree. iTs one of those drug myths that even the druggies fall for. Its to common.

--------------------

InvisibleSleepyF0x
I bleed nicotine...
Male

Re: LSD dosage myths [Re: DeathCompany]
    #11072185 - 09/16/09 06:54 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, but how does that affect anything? not like they'll really know anyway. not like it's dangerous or anything.

--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11072251 - 09/16/09 07:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

It's not dangerous, but it breeds a misconception about the drug itself, which can't be a good thing. Whenever I get acid I'm always quoted some ridiculous figure (typically 150ug) by someone that clearly doesn't have a clue what they're talking about :shrug:.

I guess it just grinds my gears is all. On the plus side it's a good mechanism for weeding out average drug dealers / users from people who actually are involved in it all hehe. If I ask the dealer how strong it is and they avoid quoting me a number (i.e. they say moderately strong as opposed to 150ug), or they actually quote a realistic figure (such as 50ug), then in my experience there's a good chance they actually know what they're talking about and can be a very useful contact :yesnod:.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineFrost
Inside a locked room
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: LSD dosage myths [Re: norml840]
    #11072254 - 09/16/09 07:08 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

norml840 said:
i love acid

This.

--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #11072259 - 09/16/09 07:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

This reminds me of Tea's thread in which he bitches about hippies drinking out of mason jars.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD dosage myths [Re: Adden]
    #11072263 - 09/16/09 07:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dystopia said:
This reminds me of Tea's thread in which he bitches about hippies drinking out of mason jars.

Drinking out of mason jars is retarded too.

--------------------

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Franklin's Tower
Re: LSD dosage myths [Re: norml840]
    #11072315 - 09/16/09 07:24 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

norml840 said:
i love acid

me too! :hug:

--------------------

OfflineAgent MadHatter
Mad as a Hatter
Male

#11072327 - 09/16/09 07:27 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Why would people cut half their profits to have stronger hits?

Heres four reasons why
1. they enjoy spreading acid and not bunk shit. I'm a man of quality, if I ever sold ANY drug, I'd make sure its top of the line
2. They are producing on mass scale and don't mind losing 1/4th profits since they are selling so much
3. Good acid is like herpes. Everyone will get it one day and everyone wants it. Ok...maybe not like herpes, but like a viral something. If I have bunk pills, and sell them, no one will buy again. If I have the bombest acid in the world and sell it, everyone will be talkin. Thats dr00g dealing 101
4. Personal reasons, ie: Bets, standards, religious factions. etc

Finally...the DEA article on making acid taking 2-3 days for an ounce is....bullshit. If your making an ounce your not doing the old Hofmann way. You'd be losing over 80% product, in a professional Lab setting.

All other ways take less than 5 hours to make one batch. Ranging from 1 gram, to 50 grams.

Read it on a sticky note found outside in the gutter.

--------------------
"May the long-time sun shine upon you
And all love surround you
And the clear light within you
Guide your way home."

"Its never too late to start beefing up your obituary"- The Most Interesting Man in the World

:aum:

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: LSD dosage myths [Re: Agent MadHatter]
    #11072353 - 09/16/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

That's all fine and dandy until you consider the scale of the operation and the economics of it. I imagine due to the strictly controlled nature of Ergotamine Tartrate that just getting it into the country would negate a large portion of potential profit which is required for the whole system to work.

I'm sure a lot of people choose this particular market for the love and personal belief, but ultimately, drug dealing is a profession and people need money to live.

Maybe the odd guy here and there who "randomly" gets a gram would over weigh his doses, but I imagine that a sustainable clandestine operation could not operate in such a manner :shrug:.

--------------------

Free Spore Ring Europe

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineHopanDubMan
Jelly bomb ass shit....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: LSD dosage myths [Re: Agent MadHatter]
    #11072355 - 09/16/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I have always been a dumbass in terms of measuring dosages and micrograms.

I thought every hit, no matter what, contained 100 mics.
Where now from experience have realized this is obsurd. Usually all the acid I get is around 50 mics and under a hit.

:/

--------------------

WakaWaka

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: LSD dosage myths [Re: HopanDubMan]
    #11072480 - 09/16/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

It's so hard to measure objectively, I only have a vague idea of the potency of any of the acid I've ever had.
It's kinda funny to hear some clueless, spun, dreadied burn-out quote me some "150 mics" bullshit like he even knows what a microgram is.

Invisiblecatboosh
©Ω§M¡K F€L1N∑
Male

Loc: Humboldt, California
    #11072519 - 09/16/09 08:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Over the past 30 years, the traditional dilution factor for manufacturing LSD has been 10,000 doses per 1 gram of crystal.

i dont see why it couldnt be more than 100 micrograms per hit

does it not just depend on the ratio of the solute and the solvent?
so more crystal diluted into less liquid would mean stronger hits?

and if your purchasing liquid cant these hits vary in this same potency as well?

--------------------

"Reality is a juxtaposition of beauty and bullshit, sometimes you gotta wade through the bullshit to see the beauty, and the other times the beauty you see is just full of shit."

Invisiblecatboosh
©Ω§M¡K F€L1N∑
Male

Loc: Humboldt, California
    #11072547 - 09/16/09 08:05 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

o yeah i dont mean the majority of lsd is higher than 100 mics or even 100 mics

just saying its not impossible

--------------------

"Reality is a juxtaposition of beauty and bullshit, sometimes you gotta wade through the bullshit to see the beauty, and the other times the beauty you see is just full of shit."

OfflineNobodyImportant
Stranger
Male

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: LSD dosage myths [Re: catboosh]
    #11072654 - 09/16/09 08:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I hate when people try to sell me

"double dipped" or "tripple dipped" acid

and then show me some tiny blotter

one guy at a show recently told me his shit was 400 mics each hit so i bought two for 10 a pop, not really expecting much

and guess what, I didnt get much, it was pretty clean acid but probably like 40 - 50 micrograms

OfflineDOTSnBLOTS
Stranger
    #15445074 - 11/30/11 01:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The first time I bought a gram of LSD($1400) I also bought 100 sheets of perforated blotter paper (ufo's.., $200) One sheet=100 doses. I used technical grade Evearclear as a solvent and an evaporation plate. The doses were so strong that people were frying there asses off! I had to warn people that if they were 'acid naive' to only take 1/2 a hit. This was San Francisco circa early 80's. I would pay $1400 for one sheet of the same quality.., it was that Good! And yes i could say with metaphysical certitude that they were 100 microgram hits.

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: LSD dosage myths [Re: DOTSnBLOTS]
    #15445092 - 11/30/11 01:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DOTSnBLOTS said:
The first time I bought a gram of LSD($1400) I also bought 100 sheets of perforated blotter paper (ufo's.., $200) One sheet=100 doses. I used technical grade Evearclear as a solvent and an evaporation plate. The doses were so strong that people were frying there asses off! I had to warn people that if they were 'acid naive' to only take 1/2 a hit. This was San Francisco circa early 80's. I would pay $1400 for one sheet of the same quality.., it was that Good! And yes i could say with metaphysical certitude that they were 100 microgram hits.

nice first post man

OP, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah man i agree with you completely I hate that bullshit lol

in psychotherapy they used to give patients 100ug and that was a good solid dose

ACID MAN LSD ACIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order