Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently
    #11044234 - 09/12/09 01:30 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

If you learn to watch your thoughts you can learn to stay high all the time. Meditate and tripping is like being high 24/7?

I've realized that shit like weed and any psychedelic distract your mind from the shit that people pay attention to on an every day basis--in other words--social image, ego. Drugs let you blow that shit out the way--its tough to free your mind but damn it is fucking badass. peace and love to all seekers of truth like myself.

Live free or die.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineplayapez
Strangest

Re: Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently [Re: JackofSpades]
    #11044258 - 09/12/09 01:37 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yes.  And once you realize this, you become drugs, you become the medicine for others.

:smile:

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently [Re: playapez]
    #11044298 - 09/12/09 01:54 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

haha i know dude. so many people use me to truly express themselves---i fucking love it. I'm like the one person people trust. I am a fucking drug and I fucking love it. You grow so close with people and you don't even realize it because it comes so naturally.

Just express yourself dude.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
    #11044357 - 09/12/09 02:13 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I dunno about permanent perception change. But I do agree about the fact that they change your life.

Ever since shrooms ive generally felt happier and more appreciative of music and art, and nature.

Since Salvia I feel like I understand myself more then before.

Im so glad I tried them. I now am trying to get everyone I know to try them too. ^_^

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11044403 - 09/12/09 02:31 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Shit son, weed tripping 24-7 during meditation! Aint for sho for no go! Mind be a badass piece of glass.
Mind keep what all the others toss away!

Weed tripping 24-7...shit.

Offlinezak007
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #11044615 - 09/12/09 03:47 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

0.o wtf?! hahahahaha

--------------------
"Ive calculated your chance of survival but
I dont think your going to like it"

OfflineRage39a
Stranger
Re: Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently [Re: zak007]
    #11045265 - 09/12/09 07:59 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

lol

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently [Re: Rage39a]
    #11045463 - 09/12/09 09:17 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The reason I think drugs alter your perception forever is because they make you find interest and become focused on the world...Not other people.

In society you are raised to care, think, and feel like everyone else. Therefore, you focus on everyone else (Panopticon). However, under the influence of the correct psychedelic drug, you become focused and interested on your own perception of the world, your own version of truth and the world around you--not just the social world of false images (i.e. plato's allegory of the cave). I could go back to being mr. social and mr. popular but i choose not to. Instead, I find real fucking individuals and make real fucking connections and I have never been more happy.

I found that all my self-loathing, anxiety, and depression could be wiped away clean by meditating, pot, and psychedelics. The reason I felt those psychological disorders was because I was focused on other people and put them in front of my own life. Now I live for myself as an individual (to an extent obviously) and I find that my life is exactly where I want it to be.

peace.

--------------------

OfflineEthericOctopuss
One foot in, onefoot out
Male

#11045577 - 09/12/09 09:50 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

No doubt. The first thing the psychedelic state (particularly egoic dissolution) did was break down all of my social programming paradigms and make me QUESTION the structure of these things, which is something I did not give much thought to prior to altering my consciousness---I kind of marched in file, along with the masses, like a robot.

I agree with Terence McKenna: A proper, high dosage of psycho-active substance can act as a "re-boot", or "disk-cleaner" for brain software programming. You step back, and see the way your system and life has been manipulated, and then you question it, and often times you have no more of it-You detach from the program. I know I spend a LOT more time out in nature as opposed to sitting in front of a TV (the biggest social programming weapon there is) or browsing through a shopping mall. And as time goes on, I will spend more and more time in the wild, and less in the programmed matrix.

Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

#11045587 - 09/12/09 09:52 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I strongly agree with you. The use of psychedelics from marijuana to the most potent of them definitly has the ability to transform who you are if you are willing and do not fight it. I find myself more relaxed and accepting of myself and others, and also more confident in myself. I do what I want to do, not selfishly, but if I want it, I go for it.

If you do drugs a few times a year I don't know if it will have the same effect, but if you make it more habitual then it definitely can.

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently [Re: zak007]
    #11045809 - 09/12/09 10:42 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

What I believe is that the "drugs" we tale aren't drugs at all! They are the opposite. If you say drugs make you intoxicated, then these aren't drugs. You might be saying, WTF! Right now, but hear me out...

Psychedelics consistently cures addiction, and the more powerful the psych (for instance Iboga.) the better the results.

Think about this, if you close your eyes, even when completely sober, you will see a little tinge of something with form other than just blobs if you look behind the blobs. It is like a weak signal. That is because we are very close to tuning in to it, and I say that is exactly what being human, the thinking species, is about... We sometimes call it imagination aswell. Now, if we take the psychedelics, we tune into this signal, and receive information at a far faster rate that our race has ever imagined!

No culture ever had access to every single psychedelic substance before, WE DO! (Or atleast every single KNOWN one...)

If we all take every single one of these substances often, from an thinking age. The moment a adolescent/adultstarts to think about philosophical issues, (And don't ever tell me people are stupid enough never to think about things like that, they have to think about weather God exists or not, the origin of the universe, and stuff like that SOMETIME in there lives...)

Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Re: Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently [Re: The Centre]
    #11046300 - 09/12/09 12:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

centre, you're absulotely correct.

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently [Re: emeraldlife88]
    #11046390 - 09/12/09 12:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

thats what I thought, one time.
wish I was still where it seems you currently are.
nothing is permanant.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

InvisibleGrizvok
I Yam what I Yam
Male User Gallery

Re: Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently [Re: showme]
    #11046459 - 09/12/09 01:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

showme said:
nothing is permanant.

I don't think there is any arguing against the thought that drugs change you permanently in some way. I'm not saying that the first time I smoked pot at 17 years old that I immediately became some new person, but my consciousness of everything else around me just grew exponentially and it continues to do so to this day.

I was always so engrossed with myself and what I wanted that I never stopped to think about all of the life around me down to the smallest bugs crawling on the ground. As my perception grew all barriers were dropped and I began to realize many things as they were actually intended instead of having people and institutions trying to bend myself to their will including religion. I went to a catholic school from 5th grade through 8th grade and had religion just totally forced into my brain. I guess I live for myself now and to help improve the lives of all those that I come in contact with by being a genuine person. You can totally change somebody's life for the better with such a small genuine effort of interaction.

Offlinedmtcorey
~the time police~
Male User Gallery

Re: Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently [Re: Grizvok]
    #11046689 - 09/12/09 01:51 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I would say instead of drugs altering are perception permanently ,i would say that they continuously alter are perception on a psychological as well as a biological level, what ever substance it may be from food to drugs ,how ever you want to style it,it will continuously alter us moment to moment !

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently [Re: showme]
    #11046761 - 09/12/09 02:07 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

showme said:
nothing is permanant.

My friend that is the very nature of the universe, you can have an infinity and it still flows into another one...

If it is to be understood that we have the ability to live multiple infinities, multiple everythings, and live this life as well, then we are better than immortal, we are immortal hundreds of times over, and get to tell the tale.

I can promise you that psychedelics is a spiritual path just like any other spiritual path, and it takes time, like any other spiritual path. The difference is, you know what you are working for!

Offlinejustinsanity
Sanityinjust
Male User Gallery

Loc: Projection Room Flag
    #11056092 - 09/14/09 03:43 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome thread. There aren't many people I can really relate to in my city, the only people that seem to do drugs here are assholes to everyone including their friends (it's pretty up-tight with conservative, christian values here.) I plan on moving around temporarily to see how people change from area to area.

But anyways, it's very clear to me how easy it is to brainwash with a television, or a  newspaper and the weaknesses in our natural mind allows it to happen. Sometimes I want to just shake the fuck out of people and say WAKE UP! Everything is forced on you, and it goes around in a circle. The only thing that can heal us as a race is awareness and understanding. Otherwise we are just a bunch of monkeys trying to get the most bananas, and killing to do it.

I will have to watch Equilibrium again soon!

--------------------

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently [Re: justinsanity]
    #11056717 - 09/14/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

LSD can be used to brainwash people too! imagine if they legalised psychedelics and then lured trippers into special movies designed to brainwash them into forming some sort of army.

--------------------

Offlinedmtcorey
~the time police~
Male User Gallery

Re: Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11058874 - 09/14/09 04:45 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

LSD
Quote:

Noteworthy said:
LSD can be used to brainwash people too! imagine if they legalized psychedelics and then lured trippers into special movies designed to brainwash them into forming some sort of army.

LSD can not be used to brainwash people ,that was already attempted by the CIA back in the sixties ,and the nice thing is ,is that they realized that the tables had been turned on them.But in a funny way you are right , the army thing is in favor of the masses and not the corporate lurking in the shadows!

Edited by dmtcorey (09/14/09 04:50 PM)

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: Drugs Alter Your Perception Permanently [Re: dmtcorey]
    #11058909 - 09/14/09 04:52 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Agreed live free or die trying.

thats the only way.

regardless of ethnicity, gender, occupation, income, country, etc.

human beings DO actually have freedom to do as we please, but wenever we exerise this many times we get arrested or put to death or in jail etc.

if u die u die. im sure u caused it one way or another. seriously. if u get murdered its ur own damn fault. u obviously did something without any regards to ur own safety that in the long run pissed off whoever it was who killed u.

thats ur own damn fault.

but anyways about drugs, legalize the fuckers and so much crime will disapear. u cant say crime will still exist when suddenly all the things 90% of crimes are made over are suddenly legal. oh fuk! no need for me to rob a bank now for cocaine. no reason for me to rape pillage and burn any more so i can get money for my drugs. shit. theyre legal. the prices will go down. so far down its ridiculous.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale