Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepressurekill
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: CA,USA or NC USA
Drugs stronger now or then?
    #10964014 - 08/29/09 11:18 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

okay so im here having a debated argument with my room mate and his girlfriend, and they are telling me that drugs back then (i.e wood stock) were stronger then what they are today, like Weed, lsd, coke, mesc. etc.  i need out side sources opinions or experiences. its a 2 to 1 argument and i believe that drugs back then were weaker then what they are today based on the little bit of information we knew then as opposed to what we know now.

please help clarify.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepmb
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: Drugs stronger now or then? [Re: pressurekill]
    #10964021 - 08/29/09 11:20 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I gotta go with the same.

--------------------
Don't smell the flowers, They're an evil drug to make you lose your mind

Offlinepressurekill
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Drugs stronger now or then? [Re: pmb]
    #10964028 - 08/29/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

the same? what makes you think that? in the past 20 years we have made no advancement in strengths of drugs?

InvisibleDieCommie

#10964032 - 08/29/09 11:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I would guess:  LSD stronger then, Weed stronger now, coke and mesc roughly the same (they vary greatly now and then).

OfflinenIkkNAME
This is my Title.
Male

Loc: Tacoma WA
    #10964037 - 08/29/09 11:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

One thing i see everywhere especially on all anti drug sites is that drugs are stronger now than they were then. I forget the reasoning behind this. Or maybe its just because i never cared enough to research it. maybe i should

--------------------
I had something in mind to place here.
Too bad i forgot what it was.

Offlinepmb
Male

#10964043 - 08/29/09 11:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe weed is all I could see but really how much advancement has there been in lighting and fertilizing techniques? Mescaline I don't see how it could be any stronger now or then? Coke is just an extraction. LSD synth is still the same now as it was then, only different there is people sellin DOx in place of LSD.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Drugs stronger now or then? [Re: nIkkNAME]
    #10964046 - 08/29/09 11:29 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

there has to be some advancement in drug production since then.

at least with weed-    that is getting more potent as the years go on.

Offlinepressurekill
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Drugs stronger now or then? [Re: DieCommie]
    #10964051 - 08/29/09 11:31 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

see i believe that drugs have just gotten stronger based off of knowledge. i believe that science and the knowing ness of drugs have allowed for better advancements in strengths.
i think weed is stronger. i can settle with a chemical drug like LSD possibly being the same and coke being the same mesc. being the same i suppose a lot of drugs may of not changed, but my room mate and his gf believe that drugs during the time of woodstock were stronger then what they are today.

they wont believe what i say until i can show them some sort of proof. me asking online what people say is not a "credible source" so i need to look deeper to make them beleive. though i find it quite retard of them to believe what they think, my best friend (capmeh) i believe his mom went to woodstock and said that they had weaker drugs then as opposed to now. please dont quote me on that statement but its just from what i remember. im online looking for information to either clarify that drugs were stronger then or are stronger now. if not maybe prove that they are the same.  I was on the dea.gov website and cant find the proper search to find the correct answer.

Offlinepmb
Male

#10964059 - 08/29/09 11:35 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I could beleive that the drugs were weaker then, They might have just been using them more liberally than today so it might seem like they were stronger.

--------------------

Offlinepressurekill
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10964071 - 08/29/09 11:39 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

my thoughts exactly, they say since dea was not as strong with the ban hammer they were stronger then as opposed to now. i hope to seriously bring in a large group of comments so if we can post a lot of comments and thoughts maybe we can get the correct answer.  I am curious to this answer too.

i know i posted it late in the night but it was a late night argument and i hope to resolve this and hopefully people want to know the truth behind this also.

Offlinebbl337
genetic material is Ar based
 User Gallery

#10964099 - 08/29/09 11:46 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

LSD has decreased in potency, but other than LSD and coke everything else has gone up in potency.  Documented fact.

--------------------

OfflineWalterShabas
Male

Loc: Middle West
Re: Drugs stronger now or then? [Re: bbl337]
    #10964115 - 08/29/09 11:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

drugs are drugs, yes weed has become more potent over the years, but there's still shitty weed,  i don't know for sure, because I wasn't around then, but supposedly lsd blotters were stronger in the sixties, (meaning, more lsd per hit, but there's nothing stopping someone from making equally potent blotters today.)  cocaine is cocaine, and mescaline is mescaline.  pure cocaine fifty years ago was no different than pure cocaine now.  same with mescaline or any other pure chemical.  the only reason weed has become more potent is because of breeding techniques,  however thc is thc no matter what year it is. 

hope this helps

-walt

--------------------
Push th' little daisies and make 'em come up.

Edited by WalterShabas (08/30/09 12:02 AM)

OfflineFort Mushroom
Stranger
Male

Re: Drugs stronger now or then? [Re: WalterShabas]
    #10964254 - 08/30/09 12:38 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Seems like theres a lot of weak or fake X sround these days, wee\ed is almost definately stronger and other drugs are probably similar in potency. but im just guessing

OfflineeTarded
Clubbed to death...
Male User Gallery

Re: Drugs stronger now or then? [Re: Fort Mushroom]
    #10964428 - 08/30/09 01:48 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Weed is definitely stronger now, but most other drugs have decreased in potency.  Obviously I wasn't around back then but  this is just my guess based on the assumption that the drug war decreases the quality of the street product.

--------------------
Trade List

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #10964495 - 08/30/09 02:17 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pressurekill said:
okay so im here having a debated argument with my room mate and his girlfriend, and they are telling me that drugs back then (i.e wood stock) were stronger then what they are today, like Weed, lsd, coke, mesc. etc.  i need out side sources opinions or experiences. its a 2 to 1 argument and i believe that drugs back then were weaker then what they are today based on the little bit of information we knew then as opposed to what we know now.

please help clarify.

Well the question is subjective. Drugs don't just becomes stronger they  are the same molecule then as they are now. So it really depends on how much the producer puts in a dose and how much it get stepped on from dealer to dealer down the line. This does not apply when buying raw plant material, for example weed or psychoactive cacti. This does apply to LSD and the like.

So studies show that marijuana has greatly increased in potency. My memory fails me and the answer differs from source to source but from what I can remember it has become 65 to 75 percent more potent than it was in the 1960's. Thats probably wrong cause I cant remember but whats important is that is has definitely become greatly more potent.

Acid, coke and the like really differ because its not pure LSD crystal its diluted and certain producers put more or less micrograms in a hit. It really depends on who its coming from. I'm sure there are doses less potent and doses more potent that the average of the time. The LSD molecule has not changed since then.

As much as we like to group things together and come up with simple answers, things are just not that simple. Saying drugs are weaker/stronger than they were  50 years ago is to broad of a question. There are a lot of things to take into consideration like region bought from, type of drug your talking about and the fact that they just don't progressively become more or less cut. It can vary meaning average potency of a gram of coke can go up and down with time.

So yes some drugs might be cut more than they were then and some drugs might be cut less(on average, this does not apply to everywhere in the world) but whats important to know is the molecule of the drugs themselves don't change. And yes some drugs that are raw plant material can become stronger through technology but does not apply to all drugs.

That being said, the answer to your question is yes AND no. Some drugs are some drugs aren't, for various reasons.

Edited by DeathCompany (08/30/09 02:36 AM)

OfflineUpSwell
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10964610 - 08/30/09 03:23 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Drugs stronger now or then? [Re: UpSwell]
    #10964622 - 08/30/09 03:30 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I have a couple books saying up to 75%.  I really don't know what to believe.

--------------------

OfflineArtnotwar
Chemical Researcher
Male User Gallery

Re: Drugs stronger now or then? [Re: bbl337]
    #10964790 - 08/30/09 05:46 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bbl337 said:
LSD has decreased in potency, but other than LSD and coke everything else has gone up in potency.  Documented fact.

link?

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see,
and hear.
Since the initial publication of the charged electromagnetic spectrum, humans
learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one
millionth of reality.
--------------------------------

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Drugs stronger now or then? [Re: DieCommie]
    #10964811 - 08/30/09 06:05 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
I would guess:  LSD stronger then, Weed stronger now, coke and mesc roughly the same (they vary greatly now and then).

I would agree with this....

I think the quality or purity of some drugs has decreased over time.

--------------------

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

#10964853 - 08/30/09 06:44 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pmb said:
Maybe weed is all I could see but really how much advancement has there been in lighting and fertilizing techniques?

it's about the genetics, i would assume.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale