Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineKeel
happy friend
Loc: Canada
sweaty cop hands
    #1096181 - 11/29/02 01:56 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I was just wondering if anyone knew:

if a cop catches you smoking A joint, does he/she have the right to physically search your clothes? and go through back packs and stuff. I've only got caught once by a cop, and we didn't get charged b/c we were smoking the most pinner joint ever salvaged and that's the only thing we had on us. I've had cops tell me to empty out my pockets before for pretty much no reason, but thesse cops actually had their hands in my pockets and shit. I guessed that they "could" have the right to do that because they caught me with an illegal substance even though it was such a small quantity, but i want to know for sure, just in case it happens again.(it won't i promise)  I don't want sweaty cop hands in my pockets if i can have some right in the situation. :smirk: 

--------------------
The sky embraces me even when you do not

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: sweaty cop hands [Re: Keel]
    #1096251 - 11/29/02 02:38 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, I'm pretty sure they have the right to search you after they catch you smoking a joint...it's called "probable cause".

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: sweaty cop hands [Re: Rono]
    #1096678 - 11/29/02 05:47 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

They have the right to search you if they are questioning you about anything... Its for their safety....

Every once in a while youll hear about someone busting cops for improper search... They do this because they know the cops were making something up just so they could search them so they get a lawyer and he requests the phone logs and witness statements and if the cops cant prove that they were investigateing something then theyre busted...

Like I said though it dont happen too often anc cops still make up reasons to search people all the time...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Edited by GabbaDj (11/29/02 05:50 PM)

Offlineehud
Rocket Scientist
Loc: Middle America
Re: sweaty cop hands [Re: Keel]
    #1102380 - 12/01/02 11:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I heard from some pothead that cops cant search zippered pockets without a legal warrant or somthing. I really dont know about this; I figure when it is just you and a cop they can pretty much justify anything they do to you. "he was resisting arrest and I had to club him"; " he reached for my gun and my partner shot him in the leg". dont tell me cops dont think about that sort of thing too. I dont think we hear about enough bad cops for there to be any sence of accountablility.

OfflineComponent
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: sweaty cop hands *DELETED* [Re: ehud]
    #1107343 - 12/03/02 02:12 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Component

Reason for deletion: ...

Edited by Component (05/03/08 12:37 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: sweaty cop hands [Re: Component]
    #1112163 - 12/05/02 12:05 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Nope, they have more freedom to search you than your car. They can pat you down, and if they feel something they think might could possibly be a weapon, they can put their hands in your pocket, and pull it out.

They need a warrant, just cause or consent to search your vehicle. In the case of consent, if they find something that is locked, they have to ask for more consent to open it.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Re: sweaty cop hands [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1137115 - 12/13/02 12:06 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

My experience has shown that they do a better job searching your vehicle then you.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: sweaty cop hands [Re: frogsheath]
    #1137779 - 12/13/02 06:34 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Depends.

Your shoe is a good place to hide it.

Inside the air filter under the hood is a good place too. It's air tight, and any smell is passed through the engine, and combusted beforw going out the tailpipe.

Your pocket is a shitty place to hide it.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1