Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

Decide my fate. Cut off beard and return to work/ Keep beard and find new job.
    #10956577 - 08/28/09 05:04 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

School just started and campus opened back up earlier this week. And I should have been back to work already.

I work in the dining hall...and it's a good job because the hours are extremely flexible and i'm around my peers, and I don't have to pay taxes for working as a full time student in a state funded university. but it sucks because i have to shave and i hate the actually robotic mechanics of the job.

here are the e-mails between my boss and I....
I was making $7.50...

Quote:

but what's keeping me from returning to work is my desire to keep my beard growth going.

lol i just think i need a new line of work...but i don't know if i'll be able to find it very quickly......so i might just hack it off tonight or tomorrow morning and show up this weekend.

any thoughts/advice?

Quote:

You are silly!  Love to have you back, but whatever you decide is 
fine. Unfortunately, I can't give you a free pass on the beard. If you 
return, I am bumping you up to 7.95/hr, just let me know!

I don't know what to do....

it's obviously more than just beard growth...it goes back to all sorts of deeper issues that i started a thread about in the PSP forum...http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10956508#10956508

let it also be said that i am in very poor financial status right now....chase wouldn't even let me open a free checking account.
and my guess is Wells Fargo would deny me if I hadn't had a previous account.

I struggle to pay the bills as it is because of the little amount of work I put in....also my 2007 Harley Motorcycle could be repossessed soon.

what to do shroomery?
Shave beard or find alternate income?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (08/28/09 05:01 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekayabear
Solar Vape your Weed
Male

Loc: wdfa
Re: Decide my fate. Cut off beard and return to work/ Keep beard and find new job. [Re: curious mouse]
    #10956585 - 08/28/09 05:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

quit. fuck money.

--------------------

Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Decide my fate. Cut off beard and return to work/ Keep beard and find new job. [Re: kayabear]
    #10956602 - 08/28/09 05:09 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

fucking money would be awesome.

thing is...i like to come home to my apartment, electricity, hot water, refrigeration, internet, airconditioning....
and i also like to buy food at the store.

part of me thinks all of that is an a fear based excuse, because i would love the adventure of a nomadic way, hunting/foraging, or being a squater and growing my own food....while the other side thinks taking part in the money game is the only rational adult decision.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Decide my fate. Cut off beard and return to work/ Keep beard and find new job. [Re: curious mouse]
    #10956617 - 08/28/09 05:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

A no brainer,SHAVE THE FUCKING BEARD DUMMY!:confused:

--------------------

Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Decide my fate. Cut off beard and return to work/ Keep beard and find new job. [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #10956655 - 08/28/09 05:20 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yeah there is a peace of me screaming at the person driving my pysical self.

but then another side that is intullectualizing everything and wanting to  go off the beaten path. but part of me thinks that is me deluding myself....and part of me thinks that excuse (that i'm deluding myself) is fear of what's to come if I decide to make my own path.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #10956683 - 08/28/09 05:27 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

shave beard, take pay raise and the old employment until you find a better paying job

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #10956692 - 08/28/09 05:29 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Shave you beard, go to work all while searching for a new job that pays more than $7.95 an hour. You really need to find a job that pays more, Quiting all together will only make things worse. You can always grow your beard back in a couple weeks. Whats more important is becoming financially stable.

--------------------

Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Decide my fate. Cut off beard and return to work/ Keep beard and find new job. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10956698 - 08/28/09 05:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

to both Prisoner#1 and DeathCompany:
i respect that decision and feel like it is what i should do.

just wish there was an aspect of the self that would kick my ass into doing this....because right now....i feel worthless and cynical....but then again....another side says i shouldn't feel that and is sign that the struggle i'm experiencing is unnecessary and rather fight the stream...life really can just be lived by going with the flow.

Edited by curious mouse (08/28/09 05:31 PM)

Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

#10956718 - 08/28/09 05:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i also feel like what i'm doing....refusal to work....should be implemented on a large scale....wages are too low in this country and i feel like i'm being exploited and that profits for a few are more important than the livelihood of the many.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#10956721 - 08/28/09 05:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Sometimes you just have to suck it up to get what you want/need,it is a fact. 44 yo here with a bit of life experience. "You feel that? It's pride fuckin with you."  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineDeekay
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #10956725 - 08/28/09 05:35 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

you know the funny thing about hair, it grows back :wink:

go get your job back dumbass! :tongue:

--------------------
Check out my gallery :sun:

Do YOU have The Band's sheet music books? I am paying cash!

Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Decide my fate. Cut off beard and return to work/ Keep beard and find new job. [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #10956735 - 08/28/09 05:36 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

lol.

i hadn't thought about it in that way...it does feel like pride.
but also that it is righteous and i should stick to my guns.

my pride likes being acknoledged.

Offlinefungusfeller
TIMMY
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Park
    #10956826 - 08/28/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i'm a big beard guy,:strokebeard: in my opinion it depend on the beard let see a pic

--------------------

TIMMY PUKESPLASH

Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Decide my fate. Cut off beard and return to work/ Keep beard and find new job. [Re: fungusfeller]
    #10956856 - 08/28/09 05:58 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

not too thrilled about posting a facial picture for you to judge my beard....

i do think i look better with a beard. i'm german...and it's a fairly dense/full beard...i shave my neck line only..and a small amount on the upper cheak. the beard is mostly brown, but with a lot of blonde and red around the mouth and little bits through out.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#10956865 - 08/28/09 06:00 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Look at your pole now,the results tell you what you know you need to do.Better get that cash before she changes her mind and hires someone else.:wink:

--------------------

Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

#10956891 - 08/28/09 06:05 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

the boss likes me and i've been with her two years...

last semester i got to make my own hours and sit at a computer making reports....i had told her that what i was doing could easily be automatted...and that i might even have the programming knowledge to do it....

well they got a new system that automates the reports i was making....which took away the lush job of fucking around on a computer doing hardly anywork.

fuck i need to swallow my pride and go serve food to a bunch of jack asses just like me and younger that have been basically spoon fed and been a leach on their parental units.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #10956895 - 08/28/09 06:05 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

curious mouse said:
to both Prisoner#1 and DeathCompany:
i respect that decision and feel like it is what i should do.

it would suck to give up what you have for a chance at finding nothing
the job market sucks, right now everyone wants the job you have

Offlinefungusfeller
TIMMY
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Park
    #10956906 - 08/28/09 06:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i don't blame ya,  i think i need a beard for some reason. Ive had a go-tee ever since i graduated high school 22 years ago in the last two years i stopped trimming it its about 16 inches long now.:strokebeard:

--------------------

TIMMY PUKESPLASH

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#10956919 - 08/28/09 06:08 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

curious mouse said:
the boss likes me and i've been with her two years...

last semester i got to make my own hours and sit at a computer making reports....i had told her that what i was doing could easily be automatted...and that i might even have the programming knowledge to do it....

well they got a new system that automates the reports i was making....which took away the lush job of fucking around on a computer doing hardly anywork.

fuck i need to swallow my pride and go serve food to a bunch of jack asses just like me and younger that have been basically spoon fed and been a leach on their parental units.

OMG,you know the answer,read your post,does it need to bite you?  LOL,DO IT!:grin:

--------------------

Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

#10956970 - 08/28/09 06:16 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

but at the same time...i'm just perpetuating a broken system i feel.

i want to get my education i know that.....but part of me wants to be a homeless man....or maybe that's me coming to terms with the consequence of not working a job or owning a succesful business.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates