Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Jesus Christ. The self induced high.
    #10954211 - 08/28/09 10:11 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Is the biggest placebo high in the world.

Let me explain.

I live in a city nicknamed The City of Churches. Today i went on a walk with my 1 year old son to the coffee shop. It's about 2 blocks away so i pulled him is his wagon. The kid is insane about this wagon. Anyways. I get there and order a cookie and a apple juice for my son, and i get a Pepsi. Ive been drinking tea all morning, so i thought i would mix it up a bit. I ask the lady at the counter how her day is and how business is going. She tells me that it is a blessed day in christ, and that business was slow. She then started telling me about a book club that was coming in to talk about a book about a missionary that went to china. I told her that i wasn't into those kinds of books and tried to back out of this story that she obviously wanted to go nuts on. The light in her eyes were on fire, and you could tell she was channeling some sort of high when she talked about god. :facepalm:

Now im a very polite person, so i tried to explain to her that i am more into sci-fi books. She asked me about what and i was relived that she took the hint that i wanted to change the subject. I told her that i loved reading books about magic, sword fighting, dragons, vampires, werewolves, monsters and stuff like that. Oh what a mistake that was. Instantly she proceeded to tell me that i was filling my head with works of the devil, and that i should pick up the bible, or a good autobiography about people who found jesus. She started ranting about how good god is, and that i could only be happy following the path of righteousness. :facepalm:

This lady just wouldn't shut up. I tried backing away slowly for real. I was going for the door and she was talking with this crazed look in her eyes like she was casting a spell on me or something. The power of jesus she was saying. The poor Chinese and them having no god to turn to...WTF? I got the hell out of there and I'm not going back. This lady was completely drunk with the thought of god and Jesus. She was the type of person that WOULD go along with burning someone at the stake for not believing in jesus. She seemed high on the mere thought of her bible and all the shit that goes with it. The more she talked about it, the more you could tell something in her was charging the words. She was getting off on it. It was really creepy.

So that was my little story i thought i would share. Some lady talking about jesus and getting high off it. Ive seen people rolling and not feeling as good as she looked like she felt. I'm not retarded, i know she was doing it to herself. I can't help but feel bad for the people that are duped by people like her. She is actually duping herself. I'm sure she thinks those feelings are coming straight from god. FUCKING CREEPY. People like her show up in 3rd world countries with food and the same religious fervor and spread it. It's like the food is the bribe, and the self induced high is the fuel that spreads it. It wouldn't really be all that bad if it wasn't complete bullshit. Oh well, at least they feed people that need it. altho Ive seen what happens when these missionaries leave an area after spreading their religion.

On a side note:

I know you have all seen the modern day witch hunts that go along with this type of thing. These people are insane. It wouldn't take much for this type of shit to happen anywhere imo. Turn off the power and people will start getting burned at the stake again.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Edited by Kada (08/28/09 10:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Jesus Christ. The self induced high. [Re: Kada]
    #10954234 - 08/28/09 10:16 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I told her that i loved reading books about magic, sword fighting, dragons, vampires, werewolves, monsters and stuff like that.

Have you even tried reading the bible, it sounds like it'd be right up your alley.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
    #10954239 - 08/28/09 10:18 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

scary shit. yeah i would never go in that store again

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus Christ. The self induced high. [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10954269 - 08/28/09 10:25 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
Quote:

I told her that i loved reading books about magic, sword fighting, dragons, vampires, werewolves, monsters and stuff like that.

Have you even tried reading the bible, it sounds like it'd be right up your alley.

I read the bible and studied it for years as a kid. I went to bible camp every summer, and went to church groups 3 times a week. The bible was drilled into my head until i KNEW that Jesus was our savior. AGH. I can't tell you the difficulty i had growing up because of this, expecially when i realized it was all bullshit. I still feel bad a little that i don't believe in what i was grow up to believe. It's retarded i know. When kids would pick on me in school i would tell them that jesus wouldn't like it. That only got me beat up lol. My parents put me in karate and kickboxing lessons so the "inner city heathens" would stop picking on me for loving god. AHHH what a childhood.

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

Live long and prosper.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#10954292 - 08/28/09 10:33 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Kada said:

Let me explain.

I live in a city nicknamed The City of Churches. Today i went on a walk with my 1 year old son to the coffee shop. It's about 2 blocks away so i pulled him is his wagon. The kid is insane about this wagon. Anyways. I get there and order a cookie and a apple juice for my son, and i get a Pepsi. Ive been drinking tea all morning, so i thought i would mix it up a bit. I ask the lady at the counter how her day is and how business is going. She tells me that it is a blessed day in christ, and that business was slow. She then started telling me about a book club that was coming in to talk about a book about a missionary that went to china. I told her that i wasn't into those kinds of books and tried to back out of this story that she obviously wanted to go nuts on. The light in her eyes were on fire, and you could tell she was channeling some sort of high when she talked about god. :facepalm:

Now im a very polite person, so i tried to explain to her that i am more into sci-fi books. She asked me about what and i was relived that she took the hint that i wanted to change the subject. I told her that i loved reading books about magic, sword fighting, dragons, vampires, werewolves, monsters and stuff like that. Oh what a mistake that was. Instantly she proceeded to tell me that i was filling my head with works of the devil, and that i should pick up the bible, or a good autobiography about people who found jesus. She started ranting about how good god is, and that i could only be happy following the path of righteousness. :facepalm:

This lady just wouldn't shut up. I tried backing away slowly for real. I was going for the door and she was talking with this crazed look in her eyes like she was casting a spell on me or something. The power of jesus she was saying. The poor Chinese and them having no god to turn to...WTF? I got the hell out of there and I'm not going back. This lady was completely drunk with the thought of god and Jesus. She was the type of person that WOULD go along with burning someone at the stake for not believing in jesus. She seemed high on the mere thought of her bible and all the shit that goes with it. The more she talked about it, the more you could tell something in her was charging the words. She was getting off on it. It was really creepy.

So that was my little story i thought i would share. Some lady talking about jesus and getting high off it. Ive seen people rolling and not feeling as good as she looked like she felt. I'm not retarded, i know she was doing it to herself. I can't help but feel bad for the people that are duped by people like her. She is actually duping herself. I'm sure she thinks those feelings are coming straight from god. FUCKING CREEPY. People like her show up in 3rd world countries with food and the same religious fervor and spread it. It's like the food is the bribe, and the self induced high is the fuel that spreads it. It wouldn't really be all that bad if it wasn't complete bullshit. Oh well, at least they feed people that need it. altho Ive seen what happens when these missionaries leave an area after spreading their religion.

On a side note:

I know you have all seen the modern day witch hunts that go along with this type of thing. These people are insane. It wouldn't take much for this type of shit to happen anywhere imo. Turn off the power and people will start getting burned at the stake again.

Yea, those people are scary.
And they are thick down here in the south :hillbilly:

Quote:

I wish that there was more emphasis on what these 'pastors' religion was.
They are just called 'churches' and 'pastors' no reference to the religion being practiced.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10954299 - 08/28/09 10:34 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You should have dealt with those fools bible style

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus Christ. The self induced high. [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10954313 - 08/28/09 10:38 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I guess i could have set bears after them like Elisha did when the kids made fun of his bald head. That would have taught them.

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

OfflineSgtBob
 User Gallery

#10954345 - 08/28/09 10:47 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I like to ask these people why god would condemn someone by having them grow up in a region where they are brought up on a different religion. Somehow they are supposed to grow up and pick the right religion among many or else fry with the devil? well... no one said god was fair. we need to start a neo-quaker group and bring back the old world smiteful god stories. scare people into thinking for themselves instead of blindly following folk tales.

--------------------
Can the critics still deny that the geometry of matter is directly related to the harmonic interweaving of light itself? There is no substance, in the absolute sense. We live in a reality of un-reality; all is an illusion and the stuff that dreams are made of. Our physical world is nothing more than a resonating ball of light and shade."

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus Christ. The self induced high. [Re: SgtBob]
    #10954359 - 08/28/09 10:50 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Trust me, there is no talking to these people.

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

Offlinepsilocybin_qualm
Student
Male

Loc: PNW
    #10954378 - 08/28/09 10:54 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Those are the people that Charles Manson sought out.  The sheep that follow blindly, devotedly, and with undying passion.

Edited by psilocybin_qualm (08/28/09 10:55 AM)

Offlinedesiretoheal
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #10954411 - 08/28/09 11:05 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

this "missionary" guy followed my buddies and I for about a mile in an attempt to "save us" just last week. Man we got that guy into check on so many different levels but he kept reverting back to his original statement on how "we need jesus in our hearts to be saved".

That dumb poor fool has wasted so many years and now he is using his time to segregate peoples minds. He was speaking of how Buddhism and every other practice is downright evil, while Christianity is the way to salvation. I didn't mind him following us because I think we actually got to him a little bit and it was quite entertaining pointing out huge holes in his material.

The nerve of the man said to us later, "I knew as soon as I saw you that you were atheists". I wanted to sock him in the face but I knew he was just aware that he was losing his pathetic "battle".

Religion for the most part is such a huge tool of separation. How can we ever be truly united when people are under so many different influences? The bible is taken waaay to literal(which its retarded in itself because it has some pretty ridiculous stories. How can one believe some of those things without thinking that the story was written by someone who was under the influence of hallucinogenics themselves, or just downright crazy.).

I mean, what happens to the people who never heard the "word of God" and "Christ". Are they all sentenced to an eternity in hell because they never had the opportunity to hear the preachings? Big holes indeed. People need to stop acting so twisted and realize that they are only causing evil by shoving religious beliefs down someones throat.

--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#10954423 - 08/28/09 11:08 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Kada said:
Trust me, there is no talking to these people.

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #10954436 - 08/28/09 11:14 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Kada said:

Let me explain.

On a side note:

exactly why I've lived in California my entire life, and never plan to move out of state....haha

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus Christ. The self induced high. [Re: desiretoheal]
    #10954455 - 08/28/09 11:18 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Actually alot of people back then were high on opium lol. I found out that the the term "burning bush" actually ment getting high on opium. I know of a few "burning bushes" in the bible that were "visions of god" lol.

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

Offlinepsilocybin_qualm
Student
Male

Loc: PNW
    #10954489 - 08/28/09 11:26 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

One time I was hanging out at a Mexican restaurant, sitting on the curb, and I was approached by a Pastor of a church down the street from the restaurant.  I was dressed in skater clothes, loose saggy jeans, a metal band T-shirt and my Element skate shoes.  Looking like a typical stoner don't give a fuck about religion I guess.  well I was just sitting there on my lunch break from work and he walks up with his hand outstretched with a 20$ bill in and says, "God told me to give you this." 
I laughed and said, "I don't need your money, I went to college graduated and have a job that pays well."
He looked shocked like I would be eager to get free money, like this was the best way to approach kids my age and this was the first time it failed.  He said again, "Well god just told me that you may need this."  Still holding out his money.
I said, "I told you I don't need your charity.  What you don't like the way I look?  Do I look poor?  Do I look like I need your money?"
The Pastor said, " Well no, have you ever thought about god?"
I said, "Yeh we don't get along and I really don't wish to talk about it."
He said, "Why?"
I said, "I just said I don't want to talk about it. Now you can move on I don't need your money."
He said, "Well I am a Pastor down the street if you wish to talk about it."
Then he exited. It was weird, but I did not really feeling like talking religion.  Same reason I never go to church.  I just stand out and they all approach me like I need to be saved.  I say fuck em.

I just wanted to share that.

Later I will share my meeting of youth group pastors at the mall recruiting while I was on acid with my friends.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#10954493 - 08/28/09 11:26 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I wanna vision too damn it :crankey:

where can I acquire one of these 'burning bushes' :evil:

--------------------

InvisibleSet
candy colored clown
 User Gallery

Loc: right near da beach Flag
    #10954527 - 08/28/09 11:36 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

:ilold:

Jesus nutters

--------------------
    classic LOVELINE

Offlinedesiretoheal
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Jesus Christ. The self induced high. [Re: psilocybin_qualm]
    #10954566 - 08/28/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybin_qualm said:
One time I was hanging out at a Mexican restaurant, sitting on the curb, and I was approached by a Pastor of a church down the street from the restaurant.  I was dressed in skater clothes, loose saggy jeans, a metal band T-shirt and my Element skate shoes.  Looking like a typical stoner don't give a fuck about religion I guess.  well I was just sitting there on my lunch break from work and he walks up with his hand outstretched with a 20$ bill in and says, "God told me to give you this." 
I laughed and said, "I don't need your money, I went to college graduated and have a job that pays well."
He looked shocked like I would be eager to get free money, like this was the best way to approach kids my age and this was the first time it failed.  He said again, "Well god just told me that you may need this."  Still holding out his money.
I said, "I told you I don't need your charity.  What you don't like the way I look?  Do I look poor?  Do I look like I need your money?"
The Pastor said, " Well no, have you ever thought about god?"
I said, "Yeh we don't get along and I really don't wish to talk about it."
He said, "Why?"
I said, "I just said I don't want to talk about it. Now you can move on I don't need your money."
He said, "Well I am a Pastor down the street if you wish to talk about it."
Then he exited. It was weird, but I did not really feeling like talking religion.  Same reason I never go to church.  I just stand out and they all approach me like I need to be saved.  I say fuck em.

I just wanted to share that.

Later I will share my meeting of youth group pastors at the mall recruiting while I was on acid with my friends.

dude you should have taken that $20 and gave it to someone who is actually in need. or bought some delicious taco's and gave it to the homeless.

--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: Jesus Christ. The self induced high. [Re: niteowl]
    #10954633 - 08/28/09 11:57 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
I wish that there was more emphasis on what these 'pastors' religion was.
They are just called 'churches' and 'pastors' no reference to the religion being practiced.

:lol:  There's a church called Jesus Church around my way!

Kada, nice story brah.

I was enthralled imagining you attempting to combat the Glory of the Lord that shone from that lady.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#10954641 - 08/28/09 11:58 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I was deleivering pizzas one time and a babtist preacher locked me in his house. He blocked the doorway and asked if i wanted a tip. I thought i was about to get man raped or something so i said no im good, and told him to open the fucking door. He started going on a rant about how i should go to a babtist church to get babtised or i was going to burn in hell forever. There was some lady in the corner sobbing her eyes out and shaking her head with her hand over her mouth. My mind started swimming with insanity. Whenever something out of the ordinary happens like this i feel like ive lost my mind, that ive finally lost it and reality is some cruel joke that has been played on me. I started feeling like nothing was right kind of like when you start going on a bad trip. I wish i could say that i said something whitty to the guy, but i just wanted to get the fuck out of there. I grabbed the door handle and forced my way out of there like i was going to die or kill someone if i didn't escape.

Weirdest encounter evar.

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds