Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Whats Tha Difference?? (Strains)
    #10915 - 04/03/00 10:44 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

I really don't think that there's much difference between different Cubensis strains. The appearance of your crop has many other factors that influence your mushrooms shape,size,color and potency. Substrate is generally a big factor in mushroom appearance, so is gas exchange. If your factors are close to the strains native factors, you will get that strains native features to appear. If poorly grown with little gas exchange, the mushrooms tend to grow tall with small caps.

The only strain I have seen that is consistant in appearance is the PF(MR)strain. I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with that strain. It might be potent and pin easily invitro, but it looks so un-natural. Until I see a pic of that strain growing in the wild, I won't grow it. I have never seen nature produce such ugly cubensis, only PF. But that's just my opinion.

The Lizard,

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLillSkit
old hand
Re: Whats Tha Difference?? (Strains) [Re: Lizard King]
    #10917 - 04/04/00 11:23 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Ive heard that the ugliness of the PF is due to them constantly growing on rice cakes..

I dont agree with you though Liz. -- i think that different strains produce different highs...
One strain can produce more of a "head trip" while another can produce more of a "body load trip"..
This could off course be due to the set & setting aswell..

- Lill -

Offline3Mshroom
old hand

#10918 - 04/04/00 11:31 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

I have used this analogy to explain strains before. Think of dogs as being cubensis. Now a german shepherd and a chihuaua are totally different but they are still dogs.
In different parts of the world the cubensis has had to develop certain traits to ensure survival. These traits are what define the strains and make each one unique. The true differentiation becomes obvious when you try starting 3 or 4 strains on the same plate of agar. Unique strains will not mate with other unique strains. As a matter of fact some will actually over run and kill other strains. Other times they will set up with very definate zones of no growth. I have tried to come up with hybrids in the past but never had any success.

------------------
Be sure to check out www.3mshrooms.homestead.com for your spore needs

--------------------
Corruptissima republicae, plurimae leges
Illegitumus non carborundum

OfflineLillSkit
old hand
    #10919 - 04/04/00 11:59 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Ok...but different dogs can mate with each other..

Still, i got your point.. :wink:

[This message has been edited by LillSkit (edited April 04, 2000).]

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #10920 - 04/04/00 01:45 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

I haven't really noticed different highs from different strains. They all tryp me the same :smile:

I remember a thread a while back that claimed all psilocybin containing mushrooms to produce the same experiance. The only difference is some are more potent than others. Basically this person said that an azure trip is no more than a strong cubie trip. I disagree, but there is no proof.

Technically speaking, all psilocybin/cin containing mushrooms produce the exact same effects. It is theory that baeocyticin and nor-baeocyticin are the chemicals responsible for different type trips(visual or body high). But that is only theory.

As far as strains having different appearances, this is true for the most part. However, if that strain is took out of is natural habbitat and grown indoors repeatively, it will loose some of its unique characteristics, as there is no longer a need to produce them. Example: Ryche Hawks Plantasia strain. In the wild it had a unique umbo "nipple" on the cap. When cultivate indoors, it failed to reliably show this unique trait. I guess the closer(in generations) a strain is to the wild, the more unique genetics will appear. Just a guess though.

The Lizard,

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited April 04, 2000).]

--------------------

OfflineLillSkit
old hand
    #10921 - 04/04/00 03:58 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Lizard...
But a Pan. Cyan trip is definatly different from a Cub. trip..
It comes on faster and stronger (probably cuzz of higher psilocin content)
But since psilocybin/cin isnt the only active chemical in the shrooms i think its fairly safe to state that different shrooms/strains could have different sets/concentrations of active chemicals (though psilocybin/cin are the principal ones)
This claim is supported by people trying pure psilocybin/cin and experience a more vivid trip then a mushroom induced one..(withoutn the sedative effects that many users feel while on shrooms)

I dont say that my claim is right, nor that yours is ..but my own experience tells me that differents Cubs. give differnt highs..
Off course - this could be due to set and setting aswell...

Lotsa hugs to all of you..

- Lill -

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds