Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheSwazi
just anothershroomer
Loc: U.S.A.
No Mycelium but lots of starting shrooms?
    #1088208 - 11/26/02 04:10 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Alright, this is kinda wierd but it's happening. I'm waiting for mycelium to start growing and two day later it smells funny. Obviously contamination with sour milk smell. So then I let it sit for a long while. The smell goes away. After a month I don't want to throw the stuff out and put in another syringe. Now about 3 weeks have passed and there is no mycelium but lots of little white dots of what I am assuming are mushroom sprouts. I'm talking hundreds of these (got a large container). Now, I could expose it to light and start putting on the compost to make them grow but I realized something. There is no mycelium. WTF!!! Now here is the question. Will the shrooms still produce psychosis effects or will they be duds or are the really mushroom sprouts at all. I don't want to throw out the batch and they are Cubensis B+ strain. Anyone that knows what I'm talking about or knows what is going on let me know...................

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: TheSwazi]
    #1088239 - 11/26/02 04:24 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleMmkay
Re: No Mycelium but lots of starting shrooms? [Re: matts]
    #1088243 - 11/26/02 04:27 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Throw that shit out for sure!

OfflineSe77vN
PIMP

Loc: Southwest
Re: No Mycelium but lots of starting shrooms? [Re: TheSwazi]
    #1088316 - 11/26/02 05:11 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Bro, after a month and you havent seen anything? Sour milk??? That's sure sounds like contamination to me!!! Tosss that shit. Im sure the white patches are just cobweb.

--------------------
A piece of advice before we part:
Don't knock of Death's door. Instead ring Deaths doorbell and run away, Death really hates that!

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1088327 - 11/26/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I'd have to agree with everyone here. Toss it.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1088577 - 11/26/02 07:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, throw it at someone you don't like.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Anonymous

Re: No Mycelium but lots of starting shrooms? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1090185 - 11/27/02 05:02 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Isolate it and watch it. You might learn something about contams, what they look like, how they end up. Just keep it away from good cakes.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck