Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycjunky
Stranger

Spore Prints Failing
    #10847635 - 08/12/09 05:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I've repeatedly tried to make spore prints using the tek agar posted were you put the cap inside of a jar let it sit for 24 hours, then take the cap out and let it sit for another 24 hours to dry and then inject sterile water and suck it back up into the syringe to get a spore syringe. Well the print seems to work just fine and there's always a nice dark print at the bottom of the jar, but when I inject water it doesn't come up off the jar. So I end up with a bunch of syringes full of sporeless water and the spores are still sitting at the bottom. How should I go about getting the spores to actually get unstuck from the jar so I don't keep wasting spores. I've gotten most of mushroom cultivation down but my genetics are getting old from isolating strains over and over and I need to start fresh from spores without buying from a vendor.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
Re: Spore Prints Failing [Re: Mycjunky]
    #10847647 - 08/12/09 05:25 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mycjunky said:
I've repeatedly tried to make spore prints using the tek agar posted were you put the cap inside of a jar let it sit for 24 hours, then take the cap out and let it sit for another 24 hours to dry and then inject sterile water and suck it back up into the syringe to get a spore syringe. Well the print seems to work just fine and there's always a nice dark print at the bottom of the jar, but when I inject water it doesn't come up off the jar. So I end up with a bunch of syringes full of sporeless water and the spores are still sitting at the bottom. How should I go about getting the spores to actually get unstuck from the jar so I don't keep wasting spores. I've gotten most of mushroom cultivation down but my genetics are getting old from isolating strains over and over and I need to start fresh from spores without buying from a vendor.

fuck, i just take a cap and put it on a piece of white paper and a jar on top and it's rolling.

then when you get a spore print you get a bowl,syringe,and jar of distilled water and a scalpel.

so first you get the syringe, suck up distilled water with it, get the scalpel, carefully scrape a pit of the spore print and shoot a tiny little squirt on the print. then shoot the rest of the water in the syringe into the bowl and pour and scrape the spores into the bowl. then mix with the syringe and inject.

oh, and remember the sterilizing of syringe and scalpel.

Edited by elementswrath (08/12/09 05:36 PM)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Spore Prints Failing [Re: elementswrath]
    #10847718 - 08/12/09 05:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

When I make a syringe, I was the spores into the water from a print. Printing into a jar seems more complicated to me.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

Re: Spore Prints Failing [Re: Doc_T]
    #10847805 - 08/12/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
When I make a syringe, I was the spores into the water from a print. Printing into a jar seems more complicated to me.

^this is how i do it as well.
but even though you dont see spores in the syringe there are still probably thousands. and you could have used the tip of the syringe to loosen some of the spores from the bottom.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

InvisibleDallasP
Hostile Monkey

Loc: Southeastern USA
Re: Spore Prints Failing [Re: prismism]
    #10848100 - 08/12/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I did it this way using a shot glass. I had the same problem, but I solved it by using the syringe needle to scrape the bottom and agitate the water inside of a glove box.

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Spore Prints Failing [Re: DallasP]
    #10848113 - 08/12/09 06:26 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, print cap, dilute spores with water using your syringe cap and put them in a shot glass with water. You then suck it all up. Done.

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

"The Universe is an artistic catharsis." Artifex Infinitum

Offlinecloudsaregathering
pasturbater
Male

Loc: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Re: Spore Prints Failing [Re: AlexP]
    #10848160 - 08/12/09 06:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i found the easiest way is to just scrape with the syringe

--------------------

"the root of the problem has been isolated"

Offlinecloudsaregathering
pasturbater
Male

Loc: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Re: Spore Prints Failing [Re: cloudsaregathering]
    #10848165 - 08/12/09 06:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

.....needle

--------------------

"the root of the problem has been isolated"

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Spore Prints Failing [Re: cloudsaregathering]
    #10848200 - 08/12/09 06:37 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The needle isn't good for scraping spores. It harms them. Imagine being scraped off some foil with a needle... wouldn't you prefer to be scraped of by its cap? A lot smoother...

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

"The Universe is an artistic catharsis." Artifex Infinitum

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Spore Prints Failing [Re: AlexP]
    #10848308 - 08/12/09 06:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup:good analogy

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Spore Prints Failing [Re: Doc_T]
    #10848339 - 08/12/09 06:56 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You dont have to wait until the print drys in the jar before injecting water. Thats probably why your having difficulty getting spores into the water. the spores have dried and stuck to the glass.

Ive had a print in the past that was like that and wouldnt give up spores without being scrappedm

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck