Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGreenGoblin7
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

The Most Perfect Day
    #10828358 - 08/09/09 03:31 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

This is my first attempt at recalling in detail one of my trips so hopefully I will be able to convey the things I felt properly, however we all know how difficult it can be to describe the things we see and feel with words so I will just do my best.

It began with me, one of my closest friends, and his older brother planning a backpacking trip into one of the local state parks. I had recently picked a ton of wild cubensis and I brought roughly 9 grams to split between the three of us. I had done small amounts of mushrooms before but had never had more than a level 1 or 2 trip.

When I arrived at my friends house to pick him up he told me that his brother had stayed out all night and wasn't going to come with us. I was fine with this, I really liked his brother but I was much closer to my friend. We arrived at the park around one and began our hike. We are both in really great shape but hiking 4 miles with fifty pound packs on is still a fairly difficult task so by the time we got to our campsite we were pretty tired.

I will try my best to describe the area we were in, there was a large grassy meadow that was probably 200 yards in diameter. It had scattered trees and benches and had a creek that ran around the side. It was surrounded by woods on all sides and our campsite was about 50 yards back into the woods in a quiet little space between some trees. It was easily one of the prettiest days we have had in a long time. Sunny with a few clouds and a nice breeze and not too hot.

So we finally arrived at the campsite and decided to go ahead and eat the mushrooms as soon as we got there so that we could set up camp while we were coming up and then get straight to tripping and not have to worry about camp. So we each ate approximately 3 grams and started gathering firewood and setting up the tent ect. As soon as I began to feel myself coming up I began to get a little anxious, after all this was my first serious mushroom trip and I didn't really know what to expect. Around this time my friend said something along the lines of "I think my vision is starting to vibrate." I agreed that I was beginning to feel some effects too and we set out into the meadow.

I found a nice stump to sit on and began sketching some trees on my art pad while my friend laid down on his back. I started to realize I was seeing the trees with amazing detail and felt like I could see every little scar and chip in the bark and could feel every little bend in the branches. My friend started talking about how beautiful everything was starting to look, and I looked around and agreed. I slowly found myself drawing less and just looking at nature more so I put down my art pad and sat beside my friend. I began to notice what looked to me like fractal like patterns being formed by the grass. We were starting to trip fairly hard and we realized that since we were going to be in the meadow for a while we should go back to camp for a little while and get sleeping pads to lay on and my ipod.

When we started going through the woods back towards camp things started to look very animated and everything had the feel of being in a fairytale or story book. The stumps had little spots of blue fungi growing on them that seemed to glow at us. The little path through the trees seemed to be breathing and our camp looked a lot farther away then we had remembered it. There was a little squirrel that was walking the path in front of us and even though we got pretty close he didn't run. I think animals can sense when you mean them no harm. When we got to the camp we sat on some rocks for a little while but quickly decided that we preferred the sunny meadow to the woods and after grabbing my ipod and two mats to lay on we headed back out.

When we walked from the woods back into the meadow and the sun hit me it felt unbelievable so I took off my shirt. It was as if I could feel every tiny beam of light tickling my skin. Everything had a certain sparkle to it as if there was a dew on the grass that the sun was reflecting off of. We ended up laying down in the middle of the meadow on our mats. I put in my headphones and closed my eyes. I felt the rays of the sun's warmth washing over my body and felt like I could "see" with my eyes closed. It was a truely bizarre sensation, it was a lot like having a lucid dream without being asleep. I dreamed of flying above the field and feeling the sun on my back as I swooped through the air.

Some time later I opened my eyes and the sun was directly above us. I took my headphones out and decided I liked the sounds of nature more. I put my hand up to block the sun and was blown away by what I saw. My hand looked completely foreign to me and the more I looked at it I realized that it looked like the hand of some kind of beast. It hit me then that there is no difference between humans and animals, we are all creatures on the same earth. It was as if I was seeing my hand for the first time. I noticed every hair and wrinkle, and my fingernails looked like claws. It was like being reborn into a bright new world and seeing everything for the first time again. The sky around my hand was very bright and and there was a small tree with leaves blocking parts of it. The more I looked at the leaves they began to turn a strange purplish color and the sky behind them turned what I can best describe as the brightest metallic white color I had ever seen. It was a color I was completely unfamiliar with but was so amazingly beautiful. I'm not sure how long I marveled at the amazing new colors but my concentration was finally broken by my friend sitting up as well. My face had began to sweat a little and he looked at me and said "your face is made of crystal." We both had a good laugh from this and then were silent for a little while.

He looked over at me and with a very serious face he simply said "these are the most beautiful things I have ever seen." I didn't know which things he was talking about but I agreed with him and we decided to take a walk and see what other things this meadow had to offer. We ended up not making it very far and arrived at the small creek. We took our shoes off and started walking in it. Every rock was beautiful and the ripples and colors in the water looked so beautiful and new. The feeling of my feet breaking the surface of the water was so pleasurable I would just hold my foot right on top of it for as long as I could before taking the next step. It was at this point that we began talking about how if everyone in the world felt this way there would never be any conflict. We walked back up to the meadow and sat back down.

For some reason we both felt like we were beginning to come down, I don't think we actually were but we had no way of telling how long it had been since we had eaten the mushrooms. I asked him if he wanted to eat the rest of the ones I brought and all he said was "I want to feel this way forever." So we started back to the camp determined to eat the last few grams that I had brought. When we got back to camp we were definately still tripping but we wanted to continue the feeling and were afraid we were beginning to come down. So we ate the last bit and once again headed back out to our meadow.

When we got back and laid down I started feeling myself coming up again, the thing was that as soon as i felt this I realized how much I was still tripping and I became slightly frightened at how strong the trip was about to become. My fears quickly passed however as a little ant caught my eye. I watched him climbing from one piece of grass to another and was amazed at the details in everything that was growing in the grass. All of the little weeds, every blade of grass, every twig was so perfectly constructed and symmetrical that I couldn't understand how it was possible. I think I would have stared at that spot for hours but my friend stood up and started walking towards a bench. By this point we were no longer speaking but rather understanding what each other were feeling. It was the closest thing I have ever felt to telepathy. Whenever we would try to talk we would just end up finishing each other's sentences so we just stopped all together.

I followed him to the bench and I stared out across the creek. When I did I felt the very familiar feeling of ego death sinking in and part of me panicked. It was then that I had an overwhelming feeling of peace sink over my whole body and I accepted the ego death.

I had only experienced ego death on salvia prior to this and it was a very terrifying feeling that I had never wanted to repeat but this was different. I felt my ego fall away and it didn't frighten me. I felt so at peace and happy that it no longer mattered to me.

I experienced what I can only describe as some kind of out of body experience at this point. I was sitting on a bench looking at a really interesting tree and all of the sudden I  felt like I walking around the side of the tree and seeing it from every side at once. It was as if part of me was sitting on the bench and another part of me was walking around the back side of the tree and I was somehow able to see both images at once. I told my friend I was seeing the 4th dimension and I honestly still think I did somehow. It was as if everything I looked at I saw completely and from every side and angle at once as if there was nothing more to see. 

At this point I completely lost track of time. I remember looking down into the grass and getting completely lost. The leaves and blades of grass formed pattern after pattern and I would constantly be finding smaller patterns within them. I felt as though I had lived for hours exploring every little detail of the grass. It was all in a perfect unmatchable pattern that I had never seen before. I know we ended back up in the meadow but I have no clue how long we were at certain places or how long I saw different things. At the beginning of our trip I remember the bugs being a problem. They would crawl on us and buzz around us. However at this point I felt so connected to everything around me that I allowed the ants to crawl across my legs and the hornets to fly around me without fear. I felt completely one with the earth and so completely at peace. I felt as if nothing could do me harm. I no longer had thoughts, I was unaware of my ability to think. I only felt, I felt everything around me and I felt things I cannot explain.

The thing in my mind that I remember better than anything else was the feeling of peace. It was the most complete freedom from everything. I literally did not have a care in the world and it was the most refreshing and liberating feeling. I didn't know who I was, where I was, or why I was there. All I knew was that I was meant to be there and that I was happy.

Some time later the effects slowly began to fade and we started to fall back into the very disappointing realm of sobriety. The come down was not a very pleasurable thing, I had forgotten what it felt like to be sober and so the more I came down I kept wondering where it would stop and where reality really was. Needless to say it was a letdown when I remembered how different sobriety really was.

We both felt complete exhaustion. I hadn't eaten since nine in the morning and between the hike and the trip we were mentally and physically worn out. We struggled to find the will power to even find fire wood and start a fire and if it wasn't for the thought of chicken I don't know if we would have.

We finally got a little energy back after eating but still felt very strange mentally. It was as if the random thoughts that I usually had were not there and my mind felt very empty. That night we drank a few beers and talked about our experiences. My friend had felt very similar to the way I had. He said it was the most beautiful experience of his life. We talked about how this experience had brought us so much closer and even though we were going to attend different schools we would always be the best of friends.

I now respect the power of the mushroom more then I ever had. It truly is something magical but it is also something to be used with great respect. I think I will take a little break before my next trip in order to continue to let this one sink in.

It really was the most beautiful day ever.

--------------------
:mushroom2:"Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power will the world be at peace" - Jimi Hendrix:mushroom2:

2009 Carolina Hunting Thread
2010 Carolina Hunting Thread

Edited by GreenGoblin7 (08/14/09 02:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGreenGoblin7
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: The Most Perfect Day [Re: GreenGoblin7]
    #10859540 - 08/14/09 02:02 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I added some more that I had remembered. Feel free to comment guys.

--------------------
:mushroom2:"Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power will the world be at peace" - Jimi Hendrix:mushroom2:

Offlinepianoblack
paran0id andr0id
Female

#10988028 - 09/02/09 05:20 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like a really sick trip. I had a very intense mushroom experience (and, come to think of it, my first intense shroom trip, even though it was my third time actually taking shrooms)in nature as well, so I could definitely relate to a lot of things you described. Especially the fairy tale/story book feel. That's really amplified when you're in such a beautiful, natural setting.

Anyway I dunno when this trip took place and how many you've had since but either way, enjoy all your future trips. :smile:

--------------------
Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.

OfflineGreenGoblin7
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: The Most Perfect Day [Re: pianoblack]
    #11040349 - 09/11/09 12:44 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks man, yeah the story book feeling seems to be a reoccuring thing when tripping in a natural setting.

Best of luck to you as well.

--------------------

Offlineshroomguyali
Pothead
Male

#11062210 - 09/15/09 03:16 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I have to agree with you, basking in the sunshine during a shroom trip is amazing. Same with ecstasy, or any other body highs.

Great story :-)

Invisiblelivelovelaugho9
Hippie
Female

Re: The Most Perfect Day [Re: shroomguyali]
    #11088226 - 09/19/09 10:56 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

the woods is the best place to trip. sounds amazing

--------------------
People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I don't
think that's what we're really seeking. I think what we're seeking is an
experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely
physical plane will have resonances within our own innermost being and
reality, so we can actually feel the rapture of being alive.:flowerchild:

Offlinelost in Ummagumma
Thinker of Thoughts
Female

Re: The Most Perfect Day [Re: livelovelaugho9]
    #11117409 - 09/24/09 03:07 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

that sounded like an amazing trip, i have only tripped at night or in
late evening but its always been when its dark outside, i am very
intereste to trip outdoors in the light of day and experiencing the
sun on my skin like you described!

--------------------

Synchronicity is an ever present reality
for those who have eyes to see.

Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness
without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity.

OfflineGreenGoblin7
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: The Most Perfect Day [Re: lost in Ummagumma]
    #11124940 - 09/25/09 11:46 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

It's truly something I think everyone should experience, the connection you feel to nature and the earth is unexplainable.

--------------------

OfflineTripl3D
Stranger
Male

Loc: Canada
    #11143754 - 09/28/09 01:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Amazing and well-written trip report.

I've been out in the sun only once on 3 grams of cubensis and it's as though I was able to absorb it more openly. I remember staring at the sun for a solid 30 seconds, both eyes open, and felt quite a lift without having to turn away or blink or anything.

Your experience very much sounds like you really opened up and trusted what was to come, which is huge. Did you find that animals were more receptive to your movements? You mentioned the squirrel. I have had a similar experience with a cat - more friendly than expected.

Great report.

OfflineGreenGoblin7
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: The Most Perfect Day [Re: Tripl3D]
    #11187780 - 10/05/09 03:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah man I felt like animals no longer feared me because I had zero intentions of harming them and it was like they could sense that. As for the staring at the sun thing, I really wanted to but thankfully I was still myself enough to know that it wasn't a great idea.

--------------------

Invisiblecottlestonpie
wanderer
I'm a teapot

. [Re: GreenGoblin7]
    #11221883 - 10/10/09 04:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by cottlestonpie (10/15/11 10:04 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds