Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Kava
    #10817611 - 08/07/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

So I ordered some shitty Hawaiian Kava to see what all the fuss was about. Anyone who has not tried this (especially those with anxiety) needs to get on this shit. Im amazed the "Man" hasnt made it illegal :shrug:

And considering im on probation, a good legal high is much needed! Anyone wanna mail me some vendors that sell high quality stuff by the pound would be much appreciated :goodluck:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: Kava [Re: Almond Flour]
    #10817626 - 08/07/09 01:17 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

hey, sorry to de-rail the thread, but what context was your sig quote in, what is he talking about?  I'm a Bill Maher fan, so I want to understand the message he was trying to convey.

also, i'll have to check out kava

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Kava [Re: NastyDHL]
    #10817643 - 08/07/09 01:20 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

In his movie about religion he talked to a guy who smoked Cannabis for religious reasons. He sparked up a joint and asked him if when we are on mushrooms or Marijuana.....if perhaps were just really high, instead of these "Religious" experiences.

As I grow older im discovering psychedelics for spirituality makes as much sense as reading the bible a million times :rolleyes:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
    #10817683 - 08/07/09 01:25 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Oooh yeah, I loved 'Religulous'...I love Maher's sense of humor, he is upfront, he's an independent thinker as he has alot of faith in himself (not in a religion/god or in other people aka being a follower)...alot of people think he's a cocky asshole, i just think he tells it how he sees it and his 'smarmy' face is just to say 'it ain't pretty but its the fucking truth'

and yeah, I have a very religious friend, going to school to be a pastor, just got back from Israel for a church trip...anyways, before he left we had a long talk and he said the #1 most spiritual experience of his life was a 1 gram mushroom trip.  1 GRAM=most spiritual experience of a very religious person's life...

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Re: Kava [Re: NastyDHL]
    #10817685 - 08/07/09 01:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Bill Maher is an ignorant faggot. Did you even see Religiosity? He's an arrogant prick who knows nothing, but will go to his grave convinced he's smarter than others. Fuck that guy.

Anyway how are you using the kava? I got some kava pills a while ago and haven't been that impressed.

--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Kava [Re: laserpig]
    #10817693 - 08/07/09 01:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

laserpig said:
Bill Maher is an ignorant faggot. Did you even see Religiosity? He's an arrogant prick who knows nothing, but will go to his grave convinced he's smarter than others. Fuck that guy.

Anyway how are you using the kava? I got some kava pills a while ago and haven't been that impressed.

Im making it traditional style (without traditional utensils) with a piece of cloth and soaking it in water

--------------------

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#10817704 - 08/07/09 01:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

As I grow older im discovering psychedelics for spirituality makes as much sense as reading the bible a million times :rolleyes:

For you, perhaps...

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Kava [Re: Lion]
    #10817710 - 08/07/09 01:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

BTW Kava is awesome.  Don't know any good bulk suppliers though.

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#10817715 - 08/07/09 01:31 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tea said:
Quote:

laserpig said:

Im making it traditional style (without traditional utensils) with a piece of cloth and soaking it in water

so like, kava tea?

--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

InvisibleKnobby Tops
Psychonaut

#10817751 - 08/07/09 01:39 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I just tried kava for the first time this year... it wasn't the most pleasant tasting, but the effects were really nice... very relaxing and no hangovers! I found this farm in Hawaii that sells organic kava... and I bet they will sell buck... they have the best prices for their regular sizes... so I will bet that they have the lowest price for bulk, too.

Oh... they are called Kona Kava Farm, check'em out.

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Kava [Re: Knobby Tops]
    #10817770 - 08/07/09 01:42 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

laserpig said:
Quote:

Tea said:
Quote:

laserpig said:

so like, kava tea?

Quote:

Knobby Tops said:
I just tried kava for the first time this year... it wasn't the most pleasant tasting, but the effects were really nice... very relaxing and no hangovers! I found this farm in Hawaii that sells organic kava... and I bet they will sell buck... they have the best prices for their regular sizes... so I will bet that they have the lowest price for bulk, too.

Oh... they are called Kona Kava Farm, check'em out.

Thats actually where I ordered from. However there is a big adobe thing someone created about KAVA from the shroomery and he talks about how Hawaiian Kava is one of the worst kinds

--------------------

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
    #10817857 - 08/07/09 01:58 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It works pretty good if you put it in the blender with whole milk for 5 minutes, then strain the powder out.

If you consume the powder, you will experience severe intestinal discomfort fucking pain.

I also make smokable Kava, using an acetone extraction.

I haven't messed with that stuff in a while.

Not a bad little buzz, but what a pain to prepare.

It really just makes me jones for opium.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
Re: Kava [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10818035 - 08/07/09 02:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thats not true.Hawaiian kava can very.I know a lot of growers here are starting to grow the "esa" variety.

No one drinking kava here in HI drinks vanuatu or fijian.Thats simply because people here would much prefer to support local growers.

Most people I have talked to say the taste of hawaiian kava is better than most others.

But just like anywhere,potency and taste all depend on strain,area it was grown in and many other less significant variables.

I think the reason HI has such a horrible reputation for kava is because they export shitty kava and keep the good strains/varieties for the locals.

"howzit bra,like get kava or what cuz?"

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
    #10818110 - 08/07/09 02:48 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swyfty Swyf said:

Interesting! Do you have a method or tek you can post?Maybe pictures or even just some scribbled notes on a napkin?

I am intrigued by a smokable extract.

Are the capsules of kavalactones,that you can order via most any online enthobotanical vendor,an aectone extraction?

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Invisiblelittlebirdie
Stranger
Female User Gallery

#10818126 - 08/07/09 02:51 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

They deliver to your tent???

:psychsplit:

I love kava.

InvisibleKnobby Tops
Psychonaut

Re: Kava [Re: littlebirdie]
    #10819600 - 08/07/09 07:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I have only tried the Kava from Kona Kava Farm and it was really good. My girlfriend tells me that the Kava we got was pretty good, and she has had more experience with it than I have. I just know the stuff we got was pretty damn good = )

OfflineOrganizedChaos
Stoned....
Male

Re: Kava [Re: Knobby Tops]
    #10819622 - 08/07/09 07:19 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Kava is a good time!
I actually like the taste.

Reminds me I should get some more.

--------------------
It is what it is, Let it be!

Offlineupinthetrees
.Ease through your Mind.
Male

Loc: P/N/W
    #10819706 - 08/07/09 07:36 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

laserpig said:

how many pills did you take? It should be around 20 or more

--------------------

I want to show you life for what it's worth, from beginning to end from when your life was first launched 'till when it descends back to earth. From pyramiding at it's peak 'till when it turns back into dirt..

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: Kava [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #10822590 - 08/08/09 12:43 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

aNeway2sayHooray said:
Quote:

Swyfty Swyf said:

Interesting! Do you have a method or tek you can post?Maybe pictures or even just some scribbled notes on a napkin?

I am intrigued by a smokable extract.

Are the capsules of kavalactones,that you can order via most any online enthobotanical vendor,an aectone extraction?

Here's a link to my recipe for that and some other stuff.

I need to put a few more entries in there.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10295954

I would be surprized if the commercially available Kava extract is anything stronger than an ounce of Kava soaked in 4 0z of alcohol and strained.

I don't know if all the kavalactones are extracted using my method, but some definitely are.

I've never made a batch that blew me away, but it is relaxing and a bit numbing to the mouth and throat.

The extract ends up as a brown goo, so the more you used, the stronger it should get. :shrug:

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

#10839762 - 08/11/09 01:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

So I ended up finishing the Kava. I only had a half a cup left.....so i decided to blend it up with soy milk, then consume the root and all :foreheadslap: BIG FUCKING MISTAKE. I rode my bike to go party with some Co Workers, and this is where shit gets interesting.

Not 30 min into my bike ride i start getting extremely fucked up, and i mean the most intense "drunk" feeling ever. How I managed to not get pulled over on my bike is a miracle. I couldn't pedal in a straight line, and things kept getting more intense.

I managed to make it to the party and planted my ass on the couch. about 1 hour since I drank this stuff my vision is extremely distorted whenever i move my head (similar to alcohol). I told everyone I needed to go outside and started vomiting (it was only 9:00). Everyone asked what I took and I said Kava. I spent the whole part being that one guy, fucked up on some weird plant no one has ever herd of, and throwing up constantly.

Pretty embarrassing :facepalm:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder