Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemunkey
Stranger
Sour rot issues
    #10814584 - 08/06/09 10:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hey everyone, new to growing and even newer to the forum. Done a lot of research and I have 3BRF cakes in my fully automated terrarium at optimum RH and temp. When I birthed the cakes, which was just a few days ago, 2 of them appeared to have sour rot problems (foul odor smelling like sweaty socks), using the PF tek, I cut out the uncolinized portion off the 2 cakes, about the size of penny and cauterized the wound with a hot knife. Dunked all 3 cakes and placed them in my terrarium. I'm getting what appears to be knots, and the wounds are slowly closing in with mycelium. My question is, should I isolate the possible sour rot cakes from my single, lonely healthy cake? Is there any cross contamination problems that could arise? They are far apart from one another. If my smelly cakes produce fruits, are they safe to consume? Thanks everyone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Sour rot issues [Re: munkey]
    #10816920 - 08/07/09 10:34 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

If they produce fruits, the mushrooms will be safe to eat, but it's rare to recover from bacteria contamination indoors.  You might have better luck putting them into some manure in a shady spot outdoors.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract