Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
experiences with ayurveda
    #10807359 - 08/05/09 07:03 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

what do you all think of ayurveda?  some claim it has taken them to a new level of health they never knew possible...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: experiences with ayurveda [Re: sleepy]
    #10807491 - 08/05/09 07:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I can dig on some ayurvedic remedies. depends on what it is though. i'm not really into the whole idea of swishing sesame oil for 10+ minutes every morning.

but overall, yeah, most of the stuff about doshas and daily routines and diet that i've read seem like real solid advice.

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Invisibledr_gonz

. [Re: sleepy]
    #10807606 - 08/05/09 07:53 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineEpigallo
Stranger
Re: experiences with ayurveda [Re: dr_gonz]
    #10808089 - 08/05/09 09:15 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I thought ayurveda was just a temperament-tailored diet plan. What kind of routines are there?

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

#10808609 - 08/05/09 10:42 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
post specifics

InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf
Re: experiences with ayurveda [Re: sleepy]
    #10808661 - 08/05/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

ayurveda saved my life
i was depressed and very sick
after reading a book about it, one day it just clicked
like an awakening
my entire life is now built around its concepts
i will say one thing, ayurveda was/is divinely inspired
i know there are a lot of atheists nowadays who don't believe in god
it is ok to not agree with the biblical god
but ayurveda knows of the true god
the whole system is built around living in accordance with the creator's divine will
just look at the culture witch birthed it, look at the god of the yogis
you will see it is the god of us, all together, finally happy to see each other again
how i wish i could show you

i will add that i am by far the healthiest i have ever been in m life, but once you have the art/science of health mastered, it opens doors that will change your life forever. it shows you how to regain your intuition
which is then like you and universe showing you, that you are god

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: experiences with ayurveda [Re: lukeboots]
    #10808738 - 08/05/09 11:07 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jonnywax said:
I can dig on some ayurvedic remedies. depends on what it is though. i'm not really into the whole idea of swishing sesame oil for 10+ minutes every morning.

but overall, yeah, most of the stuff about doshas and daily routines and diet that i've read seem like real solid advice.

Your missing out on one of the best practices.  Oil pulling kicks ass man, your mouth will never have felt cleaner or better.  Skin becomes better, teeth whiter, breath better.  It can relieve such things as psoriasis and other skin ailments.

I use coconut oil because it tastes good, I have never tried it with anything else.

Some of the food reccomendations in aureveda are bad imo.

No group of people should avoid raw foods.  Everyone should eat lots of raw fruit and veggies.

Other than that I don't know it too well, but I like what I see.  My step sister teacher people to teach yoga, and is now studying Ayurveda.

I love yoga very much also, it is probably the best practice.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

Re: experiences with ayurveda [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #10810228 - 08/06/09 08:59 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

What book did you read?

About all that I know of Ayurveda is that people are divided into like 4 classes and you eat based on that class...do you follow that?

Invisibledr_gonz

. [Re: Cannashroom]
    #10810236 - 08/06/09 09:03 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #10813276 - 08/06/09 06:32 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

google!

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder