Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHippySmoke
Some Dude
Male

Loc: Somewhere in that white c...
Bouncing Bear Botanicals - Buffo Alvarius
    #10802394 - 08/04/09 11:36 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

ok dancing a fine line here so in order to protect the vendor we will just look at the prospective animals as pets. All other prospectives may go unsaid :wink:

I have no past experience with bouncing bear, has anyone purchased any of their buffo alvarius? did they come in good healthy condition? Can someone plug me to some other good care guides so I can verify the information in their care guide? Can I really "handle" them without gloves just by washing my hands after contact before my hands come in contact with any mucus membranes of my own? (Such as eye rubbing, I have allergy issues.)

Is there a guide to the breeding of buffo alvarius? as if I do make this investment I will likely decide to breed them, and how does one identify the sexuality of the toads? like some species of toad do they change gender according to environmental needs?

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMchaggis
cawbstawmper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Bama Ghost Country Flag
Re: Bouncing Bear Botanicals - Buffo Alvarius [Re: HippySmoke]
    #10802459 - 08/04/09 11:48 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i've heard they don't breed in captivity

but they have lived up to 15 years in captivity.

Look for the species as a pet, not as an entheogen, and they will be much more affordable

OfflineHippySmoke
Some Dude
Male

Re: Bouncing Bear Botanicals - Buffo Alvarius [Re: Mchaggis]
    #10802508 - 08/04/09 11:58 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

None of the pet stores in my tri state area carry the buffo alvarius sadly... second of all I would honestly rather pay the extra (unless it was an EXTREME) difference to purchase from a shroomery vendor as besides "we're the shit" is the only bad shroomery vendor experience I have ever had in my several years here. (And they were removed promptly after confirmed issues.) The only reason why I ask about the quality is it is quite a bit of investment to sink into a project like this. And extraction from canary reed grass is... well honestly a tedious process for the yield.

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #10802542 - 08/05/09 12:04 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Someone posted their experience buying those off bbb last week.

Quote:

ellomello said:
If You are thinking about getting your own toad, I would NOT recommend using BBB. 
First of all, they never responded to my emails or messages, untill after it was shipped 11 days later, with 1-2 day shipping. The main reason I say this is because,(in my opinion) the frogs were sliightly injured upon arrival, mainly do to how they were packed, I think.
One toad was inside the box, filled with paper shreddings, which stuck to the toads skin like glue, untill the toad soaked in water for about three hour.  Ok and one toad wasnt even in the box, really.  Two of the box flaps were down, then toad, then the other two, and taped shut.  ALso, there is this small sore on ones back, where it's missing some skin, but it doesn't look to bad... Oh and also both toads venom glands on there legs, were empty..... Thats all the problems ive had with them, but other than that, It's a dream come true, I'm in the company of pshychadelic amphibians!

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10704784/fpart/1/vc/1

--------------------

OfflineHippySmoke
Some Dude
Male

Re: Bouncing Bear Botanicals - Buffo Alvarius [Re: muistrue]
    #10802658 - 08/05/09 12:29 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you very much after reviewing all the posts I have a definitive answer. (sighs) time to get my sickle and head to the creek for more canary reed grass.

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#10802680 - 08/05/09 12:32 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Instead of settling for grass why wouldn't you just get some mhrb from bbb?

--------------------

OfflineHippySmoke
Some Dude
Male

#10802694 - 08/05/09 12:36 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

excuse my lack of abreviation knowledge obvious BBB is Bouncing Bear Botanical's but... what is mhrb?

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#10802722 - 08/05/09 12:41 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark. It's what you want.

--------------------

OfflineHippySmoke
Some Dude
Male

#10802741 - 08/05/09 12:45 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

is there any way to cultivate the plant? because reed canary grass grows wild all over here I am not really interested in having to make purchases for each extraction

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#10802803 - 08/05/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Reed canary grass is not suitable for extraction. First off there is very little DMT present and contains many unpleasant alkaloids like 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenine.

But the main reason it's frowned upon is because it contains a toxic compound called gramine.

MHRB easily gives you what you want and you can have a lifetime supply after 1 extraction off a kilo or 2.

--------------------

OfflineHippySmoke
Some Dude
Male

#10802909 - 08/05/09 01:22 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
MHRB easily gives you what you want and you can have a lifetime supply after 1 extraction off a kilo or 2.

nuff said stocking up on ph strips namptha and as you so call it MHRB :laugh: thank you very much

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#10803065 - 08/05/09 02:00 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Glad I could help. :merkaba:

--------------------

Offlineoxalic32
Male

Loc: .
. [Re: muistrue]
    #10824404 - 08/08/09 07:32 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/20/10 12:43 PM)

OfflineHippySmoke
Some Dude
Male

Re: Bouncing Bear Botanicals - Buffo Alvarius [Re: oxalic32]
    #10825054 - 08/08/09 10:03 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

oxalic32 said:
Toads are pets not drugs. Just remember before ordering. You don't have to take care of drugs because they aren't living. Its not just an easy high.

If given a proper habitat and cared for properly (which can only be done via education before acquiring the animal) and if not abused (as in milked sparingly and not often) then I look at it like a milking cow. But I do believe there are many measurements that need to be taken before acquiring the animal. Such as a LARGE terrarium proper environmental conditions and some flora. But hey I understand some folks will probably not take the measure necessary for the animal to live in relative comfort, for their own convenience. This topic is a morally controversial area though and each person will like conceive what their minimum standards of care should be and morally justify it. So I agree think about what your doing beforehand and if you do decide to acquire the species for the purpose of ethnobotanical use then use some moral disgression and for god's sake don't go cheap on the terrarium or any other conditions for the sake of the animal. That and if you read this and consider acquiring buffo alvarius remember the animals live typically 15 YEARS and have been found to live up to 36 when raised in captivity! please be prepared to give it proper care for it's ENTIRE lifetime. Know what your getting into provide a optimal care for its entire life and give it a member of the opposite sex for some companionship (but remember the more toads the bigger the terrarium needs to be and as I understand it more than 1 of each gender can cause issues.)

There are some who disagree with me as this is a morally controversial area therefore to avoid a flame war I would like to make a statement in the words of Forest Gump "That's all I am gonna say about that." Thank you.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom