Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
News: Vicarious Entertainment and 5th Grade Edification
    #10796474 - 08/04/09 02:45 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

This just in!

The majority of mainstream new sources take a handful (of otherwise mundane) real-life events and incessantly churn out a smorgasbord of melodramatic, depressing, poorly written stories. Under the guise of "journalism", on a daily basis, the majority of us not only encounter such bullshit in nearly every public space, but virtually seek it out by tuning into news sources on the radio, in print, and online.

The best part? For every 2 paragraphs you read, or every 2 minutes you spend being stupefied, your mind is incessantly being bombarded by a plethora of advertisements; urging you, begging you, stroking you, pulling at you... to buy more worthless shit that you don't need. Ironically, all the while you have been tuning into such mindlessness as a distractor while you are at work, driving to work, or procrastinating your work, now you have a new incentive--to work more! To get from that boring point A, to the new and exciting point B. For only $19.99 plus tax.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that identifying with human malaise is a quick reference point to capture an audience. Nevermind drama and theatre, a quick glance at our consumer culture reveals our sweet spot: the gossip magazines, the crap romance novels, or the second-hand story about little Timmy who was molested and thrown into the river.

So, in my opinion, the real problem is not the small group of sly people who team together and manipulate and exploit (seemingly intrinsic) human stupidity, rather it is the individual who sits around and buys into this trash.

My point? Nothing new. Fuck the majority, I guess.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale