Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOKKuato
Amazon BasinRepresentative

Loc: A small planet in the esc...
First Harvest Question
    #1079014 - 11/23/02 08:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I would like to begin with a BIG THANK YOU to the shroomery for helping my neighbor's cat out with her first grow. She grew 12 beautiful 1/2 pint B+ cakes to perfection. (Pins, Pins everywhere) With one more successful 1/2 pint cake grow, she is planning on moving on the casings for even better results.

Her question is this . . . there is one gigantic shroom growing in the middle of a bunch of mid-sized shroomes. They are all attached together at the base. The big mutha of a shroom just broke her veil (sp?). Should Kumquatian (the cat) pick all the shrooms now (because they all have to come off the cake together) while the mid-sized babies still have a bit of growing to do, or should she let them be for a few more days.

I read the you should pick the shrooms just as the cap opens up, but I also read you should harvest all the shrooms on the cake at the same time. Kumquatian can't pick the big one without getting the mid-sized/small ones too.

So . . .
Should she leave it alone or harvest away. What a great problem this is!!!

Peace

"All persons living or dead are coincidence." Kurt Vonnegut

--------------------
Everybody knows what is going wrong with the world,
I don't even know what's going on . . . in myself.

Edited by OKKuato (11/23/02 08:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: First Harvest Question [Re: OKKuato]
    #1079063 - 11/23/02 09:19 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

B+ are typically one large mushroom with a few small ones at the base. Pick them all now and prepare for another flush.

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: First Harvest Question [Re: OKKuato]
    #1079098 - 11/23/02 10:11 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

well done my friend!

actually those other shrooms on the base are aborts.

so crop all the bunch - there is no prob if you eat them too, as long as their caps are brown and not black or anythin else

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: First Harvest Question [Re: kykeon]
    #1079120 - 11/23/02 10:27 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

those small shrooms around the base are not necessarily aborts just because they are small and around the base. if they continue to grow, they are not aborts and i don't see any reason why they wouldn't continue to grow if left alone.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: First Harvest Question [Re: Bilge]
    #1079924 - 11/23/02 05:50 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

okee, so u say that you have actually grown litle shroomies (B+ in particular) that are on the very base of one almost-mature big shroom into full maturity.

I cant say anything, perhaps you have seen somethin i havent.

more than one shrooms can grow okee, but only if all of them are close in maturity together. If one is mature and on its base there are some smallies, i say, they are wanna-be aborts.

My opinion, i may be wrong.

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds