Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepetruska
Stranger
 User Gallery

Proper use of an Eberbach container?
    #10785828 - 08/02/09 01:31 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hello,

I just picked up an Eberbach container at the local University surplus seal.  It looks ancient, but in perfect working order.  Is is the 1000ml version with the threaded cap and another threaded spout.  Just like the one FP sells, but not nearly as shiny.  Before I use it, I'd like to learn a little more about it.

First, although it is built like a tank, I suspect that I should *not* seal it up when it goes into the PC?  Though it seems highly likely that this thing will not hold positive or negative pressure (simply looking at the Waring base) - I guess I should keep one of the screw caps slightly open?

Second, I have always heard that you use this by: 1) Adding mycelium (from agar) to the sterilized light malt solution 2) giving it a couple of very short blasts on the blender 3) pouring out to one or more flasks to let the mycelium recover and grow 4) after 4-5 days use the LC via a large syringe or something.  However, I'm wondering if I can simply blend and then let the mycelium repair/develop and then blend again before use?  It seems like this would allow me to pull up tons of very small pieces of mycelium.  Though I have never used an LC, it seems like the mycelium is often large and clumpy and hard to get into a syringe.  Good idea or bad idea?

Third, when I PC this thing can I just set it down into the water with the top up?  It seems like this would be a bad idea since water would be sucked into the container through the bottom where the blender base attachment sits.

Thx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Proper use of an Eberbach container? [Re: petruska]
    #10785932 - 08/02/09 01:49 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I can't answer your question- but nice find!

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Proper use of an Eberbach container? [Re: Doc_T]
    #10785971 - 08/02/09 01:55 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

You have a lot of questions that are all over the place,  may be it is just me but..:shrug:  Take a pic of what you are talking about and specific questions helps.
CH

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Proper use of an Eberbach container? [Re: CH HELL]
    #10785980 - 08/02/09 01:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

There's a pic in TMC if you have it. Not a whole lot of info, as I recall.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinepetruska
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Proper use of an Eberbach container? [Re: Doc_T]
    #10787616 - 08/02/09 06:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Well thanks for at least adding to the thread, hopefully someone will come along and offer some info.. CH HELL, if you had an idea what a 1l eberbach looked like, I don't think you would think the questions are all over the place

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #10788067 - 08/02/09 07:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

After you blend the mycelium, you really want to not blend it again.  The reason you put it into flasks on a magnetic stir plate is to let the mycelium grow for a few days, but it's supposed to be used before it knits back together again.  Each of the millions of tiny mycelial strands will perhaps grow by a factor of a hundred in that time, but still won't be knitted together unless you leave it for 8 or 9 days.

You can screw the lid down tight.  The important thing to remember is to let your PC cool very slowly at the end of the cycle.  You don't want the PC losing pressure faster than the contents of the Eberbach.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #10788666 - 08/02/09 09:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

petruska said:
Well thanks for at least adding to the thread, hopefully someone will come along and offer some info.. CH HELL, if you had an idea what a 1l eberbach looked like, I don't think you would think the questions are all over the place

I am not that dumb,  there are different types, some with different tops, some with injection ports,  fixed base, ect..  and if you don't want my help fine but don't be an ass and try to call me out.  Some are not autoclaveable and with out a pic good luck have fun and see-ya!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order