Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineecstasteve
Stranger
 User Gallery
Is Ralph always an asshole?
    #10756908 - 07/28/09 05:19 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm very disappointed in Ralphs.  I was considering placing an order through him, but he just sent me an email acting like a complete asshole.

This is the email I sent him:
Hello Ralph,

After hearing good reviews of your site, I'm interesting in placing a first time order.  I would like to order 3 syringes of the following races:

Cubensis Nepal / Chitwan
Cubensis Brazilian
Cubensis Cambodian

The Spore Lab is going to give me three comparable races of cubensis for $25.  I've had success ordering through them a good dozen times, but I want to try somebody new.  I was hoping you could match their price and if so I'd gladly order from you.  If you simply cannot do it for $25, what special can you give me on those three races?

Thank you,

The response I received from Ralph was as follows:
Our prices are on the website

That's it.  I received nothing else.  Nothing positive, not even a signature on the message.

I understand if they can't match the price of sporelab, I even worded that in my email.  But, he could have responded with something like:

"Our price discounts when you buy 6 syringes as stated on our website.  For any less than 6 syringes we simply cannot give any discount.  We will give you 6 syringes for $50, which does match the price you were getting at sporelab.  For any further ordering questions, please write back.  We're here to assist you.  Thanks."

A SMALL effort like that would have yielded a sale for Ralph's at most likely 6 syringes for $50 (the special they list on their site).  But because of Ralph's assholishness, not only is he not going to get a sale, I'm going to let everybody else know about my negative experience in hopes that he loses another sale.

Policies are policies, I don't care if you couldn't give a discount.  But you can at least be considerate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Re: Is Ralph always an asshole? [Re: ecstasteve]
    #10756982 - 07/28/09 05:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

busy guy. can't blame him. look at it like this perspective. he probably gets upwards of hundreds of emails like yours a day. short and concise usually means, busy busy. granted all the prices are listed on his site for you to see. so i see why the response was short. everything you said was clearly on their website. kinda difficult to write huge responses when your time is limited. imagine how many emails hes already answered like that. probably hundreds.

kinda reminds me of when i post something up very detailed. then get the same questions asked  that i already answered plain and clear. over and over. ive always had great service with ralphsters. i even get short email responses. just get str8 to the point and order what you want. im sure you will get it shipped in a timely manner.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (07/28/09 05:37 PM)

Offlineradiantthought
Like a boss
Male

Loc: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Re: Is Ralph always an asshole? [Re: eatyualive]
    #10757422 - 07/28/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm with eatyu, ralph's a busy man and his answer was clear. I don't see this as being an ass, if he was being an ass he would have taken the time to say something like "No, what are you stupid or something?" I mean honestly... the man runs a good business and has reasonable prices, they're laid out on his website and you obviously understand them well seeing as you composed a competent fake reply email to yourself from him.

--------------------
I will use the search function before posting. I will use the search function before posting. I will use the search function before posting.

This is your new mantra, say it every day when you wake up for good health.

AlexP said: that's a good mantra for week one. The mantra for week two should be: "I will not improvise. I will not improvise. I will not improvise."

Offlineecstasteve
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is Ralph always an asshole? [Re: radiantthought]
    #10757451 - 07/28/09 06:56 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

As a business owner who receives a lot of email every day, I completely understand what it means to be busy.  That doesn't mean I become an asshole and not answer peoples questions.  If he's so busy, he can at least make comparable prices, and can hire somebody to answer his emails.  If, he's this busy... 

The mock email I created took me 30 seconds to make.  And signatures are easily attached to any message.  As a business man, I understand this.

I responded to Ralph's email with the following:
Then I will be ordering from sporelab and recommending people do not order from you.

Thanks.

And I just received this response:
Fuck you

Proof that Ralph is even more of a douchebag.  I would recommend NOBODY orders from him, talking derogatory to me was completely out of line.  I'm glad another company is happy to take my money.

Edited by ecstasteve (07/29/09 10:26 AM)

Offlinekinderfeld11
kill your master

#10757600 - 07/28/09 07:24 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yea, if that is what Ralph said, that was extremely unprofessional.:thumbdown:

Looks like he has a little spare time.

Got to learn to deal with all customers in a business. If you can't, probably shouldn't have a business. Stuff like this spreads even if your in the right, just not good to do. See if you can push any retail store employee to say "Fuck you", it will take A LOT if you even get it. Then see what happens, they will be fired on the SPOT. I believe it applies online as well like amazon and ebay or bigger places, they would never send that lol.

Probably the best thing to do is get so busy that you forget to reply to comments like these. :wink:

--------------------
Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard.
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come.
(Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene 2).
:mushroom2:Host of new 'Kinderfeld's Kindness' monthly contest.:mushroom2:

Edited by kinderfeld11 (07/28/09 07:28 PM)

OfflineHumbled
Local Budtender
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is Ralph always an asshole? [Re: kinderfeld11]
    #10757670 - 07/28/09 07:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, that response strikes me as nothing aside from CHILDISH.

That's why I would stick with Sporeworks, they offer quite a few good deals on multiple syringe/print orders and have a lot of strains that nobody else can offer.

--------------------
_-_--->My Trade List<---_-_

Offlineradiantthought
Like a boss
Male

Loc: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    #10757739 - 07/28/09 07:52 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ecstasteve said:
Fuck you

Now that on the other hand, I can't defend...

--------------------
I will use the search function before posting. I will use the search function before posting. I will use the search function before posting.

This is your new mantra, say it every day when you wake up for good health.

AlexP said: that's a good mantra for week one. The mantra for week two should be: "I will not improvise. I will not improvise. I will not improvise."

InvisibleMr. Bojangles
Breathe In
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty
Re: Is Ralph always an asshole? [Re: radiantthought]
    #10758098 - 07/28/09 09:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I love Ralph and I'm still gonna order from him...I don't quite understand why you thought the first response was assholish though.

Seriously everything is marked on the website, he told you this, then you told him you were gonna recommend people not order from him...seems a little assholish on your part.  Ralph is a tried and true sponsor while Spore Lab, on the other hand, is not.

There's also no way to really know if that's what he really replied to you, a disgruntled would-be customer could just have easily typed "fuck you" in his shroomery quick reply box to make Ralph seem like the bad guy when he wouldn't say what you wanted to hear :wink:

--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."

Francois-Marie Arouet

OfflineOogieBoogie
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shadow On The Moon
Re: Is Ralph always an asshole? [Re: Mr. Bojangles]
    #10758107 - 07/28/09 09:06 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

ralphs the shit :headbanger:

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Loc: top of the tower
Re: Is Ralph always an asshole? [Re: OogieBoogie]
    #10758310 - 07/28/09 09:47 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

ralph was always had teh headiest sporez on the lot when i was growin. i dunno what happened :shrug:

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Re: Is Ralph always an asshole? [Re: ecstasteve] * 1
    #10758770 - 07/28/09 11:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ecstasteve said:
Then I will be ordering from sporelab and recommending people do not order from you.

Thanks.

Fuck you

Proof that Ralph is even more of a douchebag.  I would recommend NOBODY orders from him, talking derogatory to me was completely out of line.  I'm glad the spore lab is happy to take my money.

I would have said the same thing to you.

You asked for a discount, as if you're special compared to everyone else who orders from him. He told you the prices are on the website.

You then threaten to tell people not to order from him. Why would you threaten someone's business because he didn't want to match sporelab's prices?

It seems to me YOU are the asshole here.

Stop acting like your business is so important. Do you go to stores with that same attitude?

By the way, if you ordered the 3 syringes from him it would have been $45 plus $5 shipping PLUS a free Argentina syringe.

Sporelab is a fucking joke, they used to sell Agrocybe praecox spores and advertised them as a cold weather cube strain.:rolleyes:

Quote:

kinderfeld11 said:

First off, the guy threatened to deter his business WITHOUT cause. Ralph said nothing to instigate the following.

Quote:

kinderfeld11 said:

Also, remember that the OP is NOT a customer, he hasn't ordered shit. Ralph treats his customers very well.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #10758796 - 07/28/09 11:06 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

you've been here for 3 years why are you even mentioning sporelab at all?  furthermore why would you be trying to use them as bait to get cheaper prices??? 

:puppet:

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #10759038 - 07/28/09 11:47 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I've know Ralph a lot of years, and one thing he isn't, is wordy when it come to emails. A two or three word response is average with him, mainly because he is so busy.

I thought his reply was pretty courteous... "prices are on the website"!
So... if you don't like the price of a Big Mac, go to Burger King.

Ralph definitely treats his customers and the community Very Well!
It's only the Assholes, he treats like Assholes!

Offlineecstasteve
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is Ralph always an asshole? [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #10759321 - 07/29/09 12:49 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, I asked Ralph for a price match to a competitor I have known to be very happy with over the years.  I also asked if there was any other possible discounts.  Ralph's current discount is the exact same price as sporelabs, only you have to buy twice as much.  So mayyyyybe, if he was a good business man, he would have just matched the price or made it near comparable.  I wasn't asking for too much.  At the least bit, he could have given me a respectful answer that he simply cannot give discounts at that low quantity, even for a new customer.

For the guy that asked if I thought I was special.  Yes.  I am a customer, and therefore should be treated special.  You're in business, this is what you do.  Guess what a good response from Ralph would have yielded:  #1 an initial purchase.  #2 a future purchase.  #3 a positive review on this site as well as mycotopia and other forums I belong to.

Don't you think a good response would have been worth all that?  Even if he lost $5-$10 on one order, he would have gained it back plus more.

Quote:

Mr. Bojangles said:
I love Ralph and I'm still gonna order from him...I don't quite understand why you thought the first response was assholish though.

Seriously everything is marked on the website, he told you this, then you told him you were gonna recommend people not order from him...seems a little assholish on your part.  Ralph is a tried and true sponsor while Spore Lab, on the other hand, is not.

There's also no way to really know if that's what he really replied to you, a disgruntled would-be customer could just have easily typed "fuck you" in his shroomery quick reply box to make Ralph seem like the bad guy when he wouldn't say what you wanted to hear :wink:

His response was assholish because he completely ignored all questions I had and treated me like I'm an idiot.  I knew the prices were on the website.  Did I ask anything in regards as to where the prices were?  No, I did not.  Ralph did nothing to answer my questions, or to show any consideration towards me.  Clearly, he did not want my business.

I'll send the screenshot of the entire email conversation if you think I'm bullshitting.  I have better things to do with my time than to try slander, and I'm well aware of slander laws.  I'd never lie about this.  Who cares if he's a sponsor on this site, that doesn't mean shit to me.  All that means, is he paid shroomery money so he can be a "sponsor", that means nothing more to me than a google adwords ad.

Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:
Quote:

ecstasteve said:

Thanks.

Fuck you

Proof that Ralph is even more of a douchebag.  I would recommend NOBODY orders from him, talking derogatory to me was completely out of line.  I'm glad the spore lab is happy to take my money.

I would have said the same thing to you.

You asked for a discount, as if you're special compared to everyone else who orders from him. He told you the prices are on the website.

You then threaten to tell people not to order from him. Why would you threaten someone's business because he didn't want to match sporelab's prices?

It seems to me YOU are the asshole here.

Stop acting like your business is so important. Do you go to stores with that same attitude?

By the way, if you ordered the 3 syringes from him it would have been $45 plus $5 shipping PLUS a free Argentina syringe.

Sporelab is a fucking joke, they used to sell Agrocybe praecox spores and advertised them as a cold weather cube strain.:rolleyes:

Quote:

kinderfeld11 said:

First off, the guy threatened to deter his business WITHOUT cause. Ralph said nothing to instigate the following.

Quote:

kinderfeld11 said:

Also, remember that the OP is NOT a customer, he hasn't ordered shit. Ralph treats his customers very well.

I should be treated special because I am a potential customer.  Every customer should be treated with utmost respect.  When I ask for clarification, discounts, or any questions; they should bend over backwards for my business.  All customers should expect respect, and all businesses should treat their customers like they are on a pedestal.  If they don't I'll go somewhere else and tell about my bad experience.  Yes, Ralph did instigate me telling my friends not to order here, by not responding to my questions with any kind of statement that had any regard to my questions.  He disrespected me and completely ignored me.  I know his prices are on the website, that's not what I asked him.  He treated me with nothing but disrespect and acted like I was being totally out of line.  Like I said in my original post, all he had to do was show some kind of respect, like he may have actually wanted my money.  But he didn't.  He was disrespectful and well, as proven when he told me Fuck you, an asshole.

Now, as far as not being a customer, so I don't get treated well; that's bad business.  If I walk into walmart and look at big screen TV's, I expect a customer service rep to help me look, even if I'm not going to purchase right away.  If I get shunned when I'm looking around, I'm certainly not going to come back with money to buy.  You're saying if I made purchases in the past, I would have been treated better, what kind of sense does that make, and by this logic how can he ever get ANY first time customers?

Ok, that's enough.  I think I'm being redundant now, as my points have been made through and through.

Edited by ecstasteve (07/29/09 10:36 AM)

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #10759410 - 07/29/09 01:14 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

why do you have to keep mentioning a nonshroomery vender to state your case, it has shit to with anything.  if you want to advertize here i suggest you pay like everyone else.

you might as well put their name in your in your sig im sure that'll save you some typing so you don't have to mention them in every post

--------------------

Edited by makaveli8x8 (07/29/09 01:24 AM)

Offlineecstasteve
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is Ralph always an asshole? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #10759486 - 07/29/09 01:34 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

wtf are you talking about?  i mentioned it because it was in reply to other ppl that mentioned it and for no other purpose.  i dont have shit to do with them.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
    #10759570 - 07/29/09 01:52 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ecstasteve said:
For the guy that asked if I thought I was special.  Yes.  I am a customer, and therefore should be treated special.

You are special. :kingtard:

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Offlinetripster30
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Is Ralph always an asshole? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #10759579 - 07/29/09 01:53 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

confussed .. why u on this site talkling shit about one of our sponcers ? im sure there are other sites and other vendors .. im sure you and the few ppl u convince not to use him are not going to hurt is site and it seem no noe here seems to belive u or care so why not just go with ur nonsponsor and drop it ... :smirk:

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #10759584 - 07/29/09 01:55 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

you mentioned them in yoru very first post, nobody here gives a rats ass about that company and the companys name doesn't have anything to do with your story.

if your truely not here to advertize for them then delete their name from your posts....yah thats what i thought.:lmafo:

--------------------

Edited by makaveli8x8 (07/29/09 01:56 AM)

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
    #10759624 - 07/29/09 02:02 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

you posted private message and emails because of this? completely distasteful. thats a last resort if someone rips you off or threatens you. to me, it looks like you threatened him first. and he said fuck you. id say the same damn thing.

no one ripped you off. no one stole anything from you. no one sent you bad spores. no one took too long to send your order. in fact, nothing happened at all.

maybe someone was rude to you because you were rude first. boohoo its the internet for christ sake. if you say fuck you to me, ill say fuck you back. and what you said was basically fuck you in sponsor terms. not to mention you keep plugging a non sponsor.

you went in firing for a response. starting the argument. everything he said to you was clear on his site. if you don't like it, don't shop there. no one asked you to. you pretty much went to his site asked if he would discount your order. then when he said no. you basically told him to go fuck himself and that your going to spread bad word about his site becausae he wouldn't discount your order or reply to you the way you wanted him to.. boo fucking hoo man. get over your childish antics. word of mouth is how sponsors get their credibility. and the threat you threw out there was a serious one if you ask me.

you were baiting him. sounds like you really just want attention. in this type of business. you want things to go smooth. unmarked packages, no bullshit, quick shipping. not a pat on the back that says hey your special. because your not. get over it.

the quality, service and years of consistency  make people like you look stupid when you go threatening and posting private emails in public forums to try to ruin the credibility of a great sponsor. ask me. ive used him for years! before you ever even heard of what the shroomery was...

i had one contam syringe in 12 plus years. and it was replaced with super speed and with extra goodies!

stop plugging non sponsors i agree. defamation of character is much worse a threat than a quick email response. and defamation of character is an offense that can be taken to court. his job is to provide you with good quality spores in a timely manner. thats what he does. hes not there to wipe your ass with the baby wipes.

ralphs a ok in my book!

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (07/29/09 02:20 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals