Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineheadofmike
trich. farmer
 User Gallery

Who's got monotub experience?
    #10737509 - 07/25/09 10:42 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

So I set a 17 gallon stack n' view to fruit yesterday. This is my first monotub, I have always cased trays before. I have two questions. After only one day a lot of the condensation inside the tub has gone away, meaning my subsrate is drying out. Where do you usually place the fan? Pointing at an adjacent wall is enough? And also if I turn on a cool mist in the closet I'm using will it help to raise humidity inside the actual tub at all? Or will it only raise the RH outside the tub

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHumbled
Local Budtender
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Who's got monotub experience? [Re: headofmike]
    #10737633 - 07/25/09 11:13 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The loss of condensation is not necessarily a bad thing, it just means the inside is not warmer than the outside. Dunking your sub after a flush will help with drying out.

Yup, I would point the fan away from the tub.

No, the humidifier wont really do much good at all outside the tub. Also, unless your closet is lined with plastic, you will likely have some horrible mold/rot issues.

Hope this helps:grin:

--------------------
_-_--->My Trade List<---_-_

Invisiblecurbstop
Regnarts

Re: Who's got monotub experience? [Re: Humbled]
    #10737688 - 07/25/09 11:28 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Also, unless your closet is lined with plastic, you will likely have some horrible mold/rot issues

I would like to say that's bull, All of my grows are done within a 2 1/2x5x8 foot closet.
I understand you said likely,However if you practice proper sterility techniques, You can have results like This  on a regular basis.

If you find yourself getting contams in a closet,That is more then not,Its not the closet,It's that your not practicing proper sterilization techniques.

With my past grows im not saying I've been contam free. If i had to give and estimate to my success to failure i would say with my closet set up im running high 90's success.

To answer  your question's headofmike
If the sub is noticeable dry,I have always misted followed by a short fan.
As for the fan issue, I have always turned my oscillating fan on low at night pointing away from the grow.
I hope this helps:thumbup:

--------------------
is multispore a spore company

Offlineheadofmike
trich. farmer
 User Gallery

Re: Who's got monotub experience? [Re: curbstop]
    #10737775 - 07/25/09 11:51 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for the help guys! I'm excited to see this thing fruit. So much easier than trays and my mini greenhouse.

Offlineradiantthought
Like a boss
Male

Loc: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    #10737803 - 07/25/09 11:57 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If you've got a coolmist you may be interested in the setup oulined in this amazing thread. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6967150#6967150

--------------------
I will use the search function before posting. I will use the search function before posting. I will use the search function before posting.

This is your new mantra, say it every day when you wake up for good health.

AlexP said: that's a good mantra for week one. The mantra for week two should be: "I will not improvise. I will not improvise. I will not improvise."

Invisibleuncle_rico
my own worst enemy
Male User Gallery

#10737875 - 07/25/09 12:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I love the stack 'n view bins .... I have two that are shotgun FCs.

My monotubs get condensation when the spawn is colonizing the bulk substrate.  It is a good sign that everything is growing well.

When your monotubs are placed in fruiting conditions, the condensation will clear up because of the FAE through your polyfilled holes .... another good sign.

Condensation reappears after pinset and during fruit development .... a good sign of growth.

Everything sounds groovy MAN.

--------------------

Invisiblecurbstop
Regnarts

Re: Who's got monotub experience? [Re: curbstop]
    #10739881 - 07/25/09 08:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

curbstop said:
Quote:

Also, unless your closet is lined with plastic, you will likely have some horrible mold/rot issues

I would like to say that's bull, All of my grows are done within a 2 1/2x5x8 foot closet.
I understand you said likely,However if you practice proper sterility techniques, You can have results like This  on a regular basis.

If you find yourself getting contams in a closet,That is more then not,Its not the closet,It's that your not practicing proper sterilization techniques.

With my past grows im not saying I've been contam free. If i had to give and estimate to my success to failure i would say with my closet set up im running high 90's success.

To answer  your question's headofmike
If the sub is noticeable dry,I have always misted followed by a short fan.
As for the fan issue, I have always turned my oscillating fan on low at night pointing away from the grow.
I hope this helps:thumbup:

I Miss read that post, if you have a humidifier running in the closet, Yes you run the risk of getting wood rot/mold amongst other things,I do apologize for the miss read Psilocelium.
I guess my mind is stuck on people saying in other threads how a closet is a bad place for a grow, Which is why i stated what I did

--------------------
is multispore a spore company

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder