Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
Only half of my casing is fruiting
    #10737059 - 07/25/09 07:52 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

For some reason half of my casing is fruiting, and by the way it was fruiting on the bottom so I had to flip it over and then today I looked and still only half of the casing has pins. It has about 77 pins on one side and nothing on the other. Will that side fruit eventually? I noticed also that there is mycelium about 1/8th of an inch under the casing layer on that side. Will the pins make it through just fine? I saw plenty of hyphals on the sides of the casing as well and I'm sure the "new bottom" from flipping will probably fruit as well so is there a way for me to harvest the top then harvest the bottom easily without hurting the mycelium too much? I'm just worried because the casing might break or something will that be a
problem if it does?
Sorry the pics are so crappy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebooduh
Shroom
 User Gallery
Re: Only half of my casing is fruiting [Re: nexiusus]
    #10737070 - 07/25/09 07:59 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

what kind of light are you using and where do you have it?  how long did you let the casing colonize before putting in the FC?

Invisibleantimatt3r
umumz
Female

Loc: the earf
Re: Only half of my casing is fruiting [Re: booduh]
    #10737111 - 07/25/09 08:18 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

if you flipped the whole thing over, so the top was now on the bottom, and all those pins are on the bottom? and you opened it and stuck your hand in there and flipped it? if so you prolly ruined it.

you might wanna start with pf tek heres a link its really easy just FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

http://www.shroomery.org/5102/The-PF-Tek

--------------------
Everything and anything said by this person or thru this account is completely fictional and/or hypothetical fantasy and should not be taken seriously and do not reflect the views or actions of the account holder.

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Only half of my casing is fruiting [Re: antimatt3r]
    #10737142 - 07/25/09 08:36 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i used gloves to flip it without ever touching it i flipped it onto a piece of foil. it is fruiting outdoors actually. the spawn bag was colonized 100% for about a week and change before i deemed it thick enough to take outdoors. it definitely isn't ruined by the way it was never touched and has no contaminants. it was cased with MCMG and it colonized the casing for 6 days before starting to fruit. the only mistake i made was using a clear box for my casing which caused many pins to form on the bottom. usually the casings start pinning on the sides and stuff where the rH is highest and pinning environments are best but they haven't usually pinned on the bottom. anyway im just wondering if the other half of the casing will catch up and pin like the first half.

has zero to do with pftek but thanks... by the way you don't pin your casings with a lid on dude... so yeah... of course they are open

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10737648 - 07/25/09 11:17 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

a few pins started to rise up on the other side. i guess it will catch up. im so stoked theres well over 100 pins maturing on the casing and thats just on one half. i have a feeling these are the early ones because the rest of the casing is barely ready but we'll see what happens. like i said to the bottom and sides are covered in hyphals as well.

so how do i flip over the casing when its ready to harvest and get those pins without breaking the casing?

Edited by nexiusus (07/25/09 12:34 PM)

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #10738002 - 07/25/09 12:55 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

so how do i flip over the casing when its ready to harvest and get those pins without breaking the casing?

:shocked:

Why are you fliping it around??? It's not a steak on a barbecue!!

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

"The Universe is an artistic catharsis." Artifex Infinitum

Offlineeviscerated
drugbunny
Female

Re: Only half of my casing is fruiting [Re: AlexP]
    #10738140 - 07/25/09 01:44 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

AlexP said:
Quote:

:shocked:

Why are you fliping it around??? It's not a steak on a barbecue!!

I'm wondering the same thing!  So... there were pins on the bottom, and you flipped them so they were on the top, and then you flipped it again?  You now have maturing pins on both top and bottom?  :confused:  I'm confused.  If you have pins on the bottom they'll be squished if they make it to the sides so they can grow....

--------------------

Looking for: AUS, Cambo, F+, KSS, Lipa Yai, PE, PR, TEX, AF/TR or others  //  My strains: ARG, B+, HAW, Malay, MDK, SA, TAS, Yos(EQ), Z Strain(GT)

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Only half of my casing is fruiting [Re: eviscerated]
    #10738145 - 07/25/09 01:46 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

no no no there were only pins on the bottom of my casing... so i flipped it. those pins are now maturing. now i look and there are pins on the bottom as well. i want to be able to harvest both sides obviously im not going to leave them there to rot!!! im just wondering how i should do it

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

#10738466 - 07/25/09 03:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

So... there were pins on the bottom, and you flipped them so they were on the top, and then you flipped it again?  You now have maturing pins on both top and bottom?

This ia the way to take the most out of your substrate! :thumbup:

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

OfflineRiver77
Ruler of the Next Free World
Male

Loc: Among the Spore People.
    #10738598 - 07/25/09 03:52 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Flip it on its side if you must.

--------------------
Fine line between fishing, and standing on the shore with a pole in your hand.

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10738605 - 07/25/09 03:52 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i just found a pin stuck under the casing layer im glad i caught it before it rotted there in a few days or something. i wouldnt be surprised if there were more like it

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

#10738782 - 07/25/09 04:39 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

nexiusus said:
i just found a pin stuck under the casing layer im glad i caught it before it rotted there in a few days or something. i wouldnt be surprised if there were more like it

I would let nature do its job. You are asking for trouble. GL

--------------------

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10740018 - 07/25/09 09:13 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

yeah im going to leave it be. im fruiting it like a flat cake just sitting on an aluminum foil bottom to keep it from touchin the floor and stuff. but like i said its fruiting outdoors im really not too worried about contams and stuff. it made it this far no problems and its been fighting the outdoors for awhile.

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10741961 - 07/26/09 07:47 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

im so stoked i looked today and theres over 150 maturing pins including the ones all over the sides and some that are making their way around the flat cake from the bottom. its just fucking amazing im so glad i didnt do this bag invitro that woulda been lame as fuck

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10742002 - 07/26/09 08:06 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

#10742037 - 07/26/09 08:21 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Mushroom land!!!!!!!!! That's looking really good!!! Leave it be!! Just mist. They are going to suck a lot of moisture from that substrate!!

--------------------

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10742097 - 07/26/09 08:44 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

hell yeah dude. the actual count was 162 pins maturing and there is pins on the bottom as well working their way around the flat cake! dude south florida weather does wonders for mushrooms! its like 95% humidity outside these things are fruiting to hell.

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

#10742136 - 07/26/09 08:59 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

With so many pins make sure there's the right water content!!! If not they will abort a lot!! Let some water evaporate and then mist!! Bring it up to saturation and then let them drink... Then bring it up again! Be very careful with water delivery!!

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #10742332 - 07/26/09 09:48 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like you got great furiting conditions outdoors.

Maybe you should try some straw baskets fruiting outside :-)

Oysters would be a nice we project to have sitting out in the garden.

Hey ive even see cubes fruit in a straw basket outside.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Only half of my casing is fruiting [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10742416 - 07/26/09 10:10 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

that sounds pretty cool. i'd like when this casing is depleted to dig a hole and throw in a little hpoo and recrumble it. ive never done a hpoo outdoor patch and i think near the end of this casing would be a perfect opportunity

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags