Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Loc: 127.0.0.1
Breaking down the emotional walls.
    #10726667 - 07/23/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

What helped you do that? For some reason, I can't really feel my emotions as well as others. I'm either blocking them out [doesn't seem like it] or they're just not there. Now, I'm human so I'm assuming they're there. I think they're subconsciously being blocked out.

I'm a programmer, and I very well can understand how humans are programs of structured self-writing code. So emotion has to be thrown in there somewhere..

I don't really think I need drugs to do it. But what has helped you if you ever went through breaking down the walls? If it was just a trip, what type of set/setting was it?

I do have lots of mushrooms, Syrian Rue and nitrous.. Haha but I don't think that's necessary.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: Breaking down the emotional walls. [Re: OutThisLife]
    #10726710 - 07/23/09 12:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Psychedelics are wonderful, but using them for anything in particular really defies their nature, which is to surprise you almost every time.

That said, I once took a ride into a DMT space while extraordinarily depressed and lonely. I'd been single for a year, without so much as one date, and I was beginning to blame a lot of my problems on a lack of companionship. So at one point, while in the height of this misery, I took off into DMT space with the intention of inducing a rough trip and exploring this feeling. The result was that the misery was essentially amplified until I found myself "outside" of it. I was aware of this enormous mountain of grief, and I saw it for what it was - something completely detached from this silly concept of "needing" another human being. As though that would solve all of these unrelated problems. After coming down from that trip, I no longer made the illogical connection between loneliness and the real sources of my problems.

So you may be able to either solve your problem this way, or perceive it as something besides a problem. Based on my own experiences, I will say that I probably never had what I would call a "healing" experience with anything but DMT. I certainly had eye-opening and mind-expanding experiences on other things, but only DMT (including Ayahuasca, of course) actually examined my problems so constructively and absolutely.

Offlinemoe.ron
Coral Reefer

Loc: Edge City
    #10726726 - 07/23/09 12:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Talking about your emotions, whether they dont feel as strong/present as you think they should. Talk about that with a trusted friend or family member. Or talk about your absence of emotion or wall or whatever.

IME if ther is a drug that helps me come to grips with my emotions its good ole heady marijuanna. I (as you seem to imply) dont think its the best policy to treat an emotional issue with drugs first, but pot has done more good for me emotionally that tripping...I think/feel.

What leads you to believe that others feel emotions some how more fully that you? Its a pretty subjuctive claim since you cant live in others heads/hearts...just curious.

--------------------
Boy Man God Shit...

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Re: Breaking down the emotional walls. [Re: Ophanim]
    #10726731 - 07/23/09 12:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm currently reading a book that sort of deals with this problem. Made a thread about it: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10617755/page/1

One exercise the book recommends, which I found very helpful, is to just be aware of the tensions in the muscles of your face. Your face always portrays your emotional state, pretty much whether you like it or not, and by simply observing your facial muscles and thinking about what your expression is at that moment, you can get clued in to what you're feeling. I was surprised by just how much emotion I was feeling when I first tried this, just sitting by myself reading.

--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: Breaking down the emotional walls. [Re: laserpig]
    #10726759 - 07/23/09 12:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I literally could not feel real human emotion until I took acid. I told my friends I didn't beleive in love and I didn't care about anyone...I tripped and realized I had just been closing myself up to protect myself because of bad stuff that happened to me...I've been good ever since

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
    #10726810 - 07/23/09 12:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

hello

i used to have the same problems.

as stated, working on your muscular tension can help with this, as can working on your breathing.

but, to be honest, drugs have really helped. Pure MDMA/Molly really helped me break down emotional walls, and 2cb helped me as well.

--------------------

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: Breaking down the emotional walls. [Re: Taco Chef]
    #10726842 - 07/23/09 12:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

This is a really good thread filled with good suggestions thus far.

I'm diggin' on the love, people! :heart:

I think something that may help is to practice voicing or writing down your feelings.

Everyone has emotions.

Some of us (including myself) have a habit of covering emotions up when they are undesirable (or dilluting them with chemicals).

To know what emotion you are feeling, you must also examine what the rest of you is feeling.

Think about how you are feeling:

a) Physically

b) Mentally

c) Emotionally

d) Spiritually

Right now, I am physically fatigued (I have mono), mentally determined and focused, emotionally happy, and spiritually grateful.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Offlinecrkhd
☾☼☽

Loc: A human sphere enfolding ...
Re: Breaking down the emotional walls. [Re: JackofSpades]
    #10727095 - 07/23/09 01:52 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JackofSpades said:
I literally could not feel real human emotion until I took acid. I told my friends I didn't beleive in love and I didn't care about anyone...I tripped and realized I had just been closing myself up to protect myself because of bad stuff that happened to me...I've been good ever since

This.

I prefer DMT. It makes you feel pure love/light radiating through your soul. In my experience LSD doesn't do this on the same level.

There's just something ridiculously amazing about an MAOI+DMT combo, namely its ability to bring one's mental state right up to the top, out of depression and into a state of euphoria and drive for life. A lot of people report lengthy depressions to be wiped clean off. I'm one of them.

--------------------

"Everything there is, and all that there is, is a Pattern of unspeakable proportion. The Pattern contains everything that is, completely fixed in succession, all the minimal particles interconnected in every way that is. Every way that is is not every conceivable way, because not everything that can be conceived is manifest in the pattern."

"THE Human, you, is a miniscule but essential part of that pattern. In it lies complete fulfillment. It will never become something it is not, but it will never need to be anything else." - Wiccan_Seeker

"If boring drudgery was the way of the universe, everything would have killed itself long ago." - Spacerific

Edited by crkhd (07/23/09 01:55 PM)

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Re: Breaking down the emotional walls. [Re: crkhd]
    #10727577 - 07/23/09 03:20 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

LSD helped me feel emotion but I'm still not all lovey dovey and I still never cry.

So meh..

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#10727604 - 07/23/09 03:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

2c-e gave me a good arse kicking on the weekend, tis good stuff but yeh take some drugs and it'll happen at some point.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

OfflinenIkkNAME
This is my Title.
Male

Loc: Tacoma WA
    #10728069 - 07/23/09 04:46 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

well, i know how u feel, i have this same problem, i dont feel much emotion, well i do but just not as well as other people, its like.. im messed up somewhere, im going to try shrooms soon, so who knows, maybe that'll change my way i feel things idkk

--------------------
I had something in mind to place here.
Too bad i forgot what it was.

Offlinemoe.ron
Coral Reefer

Loc: Edge City
Re: Breaking down the emotional walls. [Re: nIkkNAME]
    #10728760 - 07/23/09 06:57 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Drugs dont change you...they only change your list of experinced experinces

You change you.

How does anybody miss that?

Maybee they need to take more drugs...:rolleyes:

--------------------
Boy Man God Shit...

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Re: Breaking down the emotional walls. [Re: moe.ron]
    #10728855 - 07/23/09 07:15 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I would argue that people can't change themselves -- people can only change in response to their environment/experience. That being the case, I think it's entirely reasonable to believe that a powerful psychedelic experience can help a person change.

--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

Loc: N.S.A. D.C.
    #10728866 - 07/23/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Get first and second degree Reiki attunements.

I was emotionally numb after 3 years in the Army.

The Reiki attunements helped tremendously.

Get some JohRei treatments if you can as well.

Reiki + psychedelics is also badass!

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Re: Breaking down the emotional walls. [Re: Mr.Al]
    #10729703 - 07/23/09 09:31 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Meh I don't think drugs can change a person either.

Meditation techniques, perhaps, could help I assume..

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

#10729820 - 07/23/09 09:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OutThisLife said:
What helped you do that? For some reason, I can't really feel my emotions as well as others. I'm either blocking them out [doesn't seem like it] or they're just not there. Now, I'm human so I'm assuming they're there. I think they're subconsciously being blocked out.

I'm a programmer, and I very well can understand how humans are programs of structured self-writing code. So emotion has to be thrown in there somewhere..

I don't really think I need drugs to do it. But what has helped you if you ever went through breaking down the walls? If it was just a trip, what type of set/setting was it?

I do have lots of mushrooms, Syrian Rue and nitrous.. Haha but I don't think that's necessary.

Sometimes, just talking about my issues or problems that I have suppressed for a long period of time will cause me to just completely lose it, break down and cry, or get angry, etc.

Taking psychedelics and doing this would also be of great benefit. Find a friend you can really trust with this, and convince them that you want to do some psychotherapy whilst tripping with him. It will help a lot more than just tripping off the mushies.

Don't be afraid to cry, or get angry or frustrated...it sounds like you have memories or experiences that you've tried to completely block out and they've built up inside you, waiting to be released...

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Offlineiluvfungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
Re: Breaking down the emotional walls. [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #10730074 - 07/23/09 10:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

think about someone you care about dying. cry. crying is healthy. accept your fears, accept your pain. or don't, since it is all bs.

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

#10730075 - 07/23/09 10:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OutThisLife said:
Meh I don't think drugs can change a person either.

Meditation techniques, perhaps, could help I assume..

Lately a concern of mine has been that meditation appears to be the practice of distancing oneself from emotion. I'm still practicing, but I worry about finding myself in a lifestyle that quells the artistic side.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies