Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrandyp
member of the force
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio
1/2 Pint Regular Mouth Cakes in Shotgun FC, Does this look good?
    #10714793 - 07/21/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hi again all.

I noticed from looking at pictures on this forum that some peoples BRF cakes looked shorter than mine. Is this because I used Regular Mouth jars instead of wide mouth tapered? Im assuming since they get bigger towards the top they end up being shorter.

I just wanted to make sure my cakes look good to you guys. They were fully colonized with no contams and slid out very easily. I dunk n rolled. And now they are sitting exactly like the picture shows.

I have a digi hygro. I know analog is better but I had this one laying around and did the towel test and it read 97. Dropped it in my FC and temp reads 72.5 degrees and humid reads 98%.

Have a compact fl bulb hanging from the ceiling and dangling over a rectangle cut out of my top covered with saran wrap. (green non transparent lid) And the light goes right in.

On day 3 and nothing is really going on. I know this is normal I just wanted to make sure nothing looks sketchy to you guys. Thanks a ton! I love this place!

--------------------

Check out Foothill Folk Society

Check out Sweater On Your Dog Weather!!

Great Local Ohio Bands!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: 1/2 Pint Regular Mouth Cakes in Shotgun FC, Does this look good? [Re: mrandyp]
    #10714811 - 07/21/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Looks ok. Hole spacing is good.
How deep is the perlite? Holes on all six sides? FC raised up so air circulates?

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinemrandyp
member of the force
Male User Gallery

Re: 1/2 Pint Regular Mouth Cakes in Shotgun FC, Does this look good? [Re: Doc_T]
    #10714835 - 07/21/09 12:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yes. all six sides. The lid fits loosely and i didnt wanna cut holes in saran wrap so there are still about 10 holes  around the edge of the lid and what not.

FC is raised using four mason jars. One on each corner.

There is about 3.5 inches of perlite. And its a 56 QT tub. So its about 1/4th filled with perlite if you would divide the tub into fourths.

Ive been misting and fanning about 5 times a day. Running light 12/12

--------------------

Great Local Ohio Bands!

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: 1/2 Pint Regular Mouth Cakes in Shotgun FC, Does this look good? [Re: mrandyp]
    #10714852 - 07/21/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds good. The tall jars work ok, but the widemouths work better.
I'd say you are on your way to having mushrooms. Stay cool, don't drop the ball at the last second. :thumbup:

Edit- most people will say 4-5" of perlite is better. So keep an eye on your humidity. The digital is good enough for now until you get a better hygrometer. Don't leave it in there all the time, check conditions then remove it to room air.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinemrandyp
member of the force
Male User Gallery

Re: 1/2 Pint Regular Mouth Cakes in Shotgun FC, Does this look good? [Re: Doc_T]
    #10715019 - 07/21/09 12:41 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Good im glad.

I was just making sure the verm layer wasnt too much or what not.
There are balls of myc that look like perlite starting to pop through.

And it looks like the cake is starting to change shape? Not a lot, just a couple humps i noticed.

Anything?

--------------------

Great Local Ohio Bands!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder