Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
The Spiritual Power of Place part 2
    #10705174 - 07/19/09 05:19 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

More and more I am struck that Carlos Castaneda's ideas  about certain places on the earth having a more powerful effect on awareness than others is quite correct. He envisioned it as power spots where energies bubble to the surface. He is quite poetic about the implications of this, but on the surface it just sounds like horse shit. In reality there ARE points on the earth that influence our perceptions more than others. They ARE points where the Earth's energies were aligned in just the proper way to have the effect that they have. Of course you don't need special vision to see this "energy" as it is quite obvious to any one inclined to "see".

I went to such a spot today. I included an image. It is obvious that this spot is special in many ways. The Earth's "energy" breaking through in a vast display is clearly visible. It was a good half days walk to see this, but my perception was severely enhanced by the experience. This has imparted an energy to me that will be with me for a long time.

To gain a beneficial effect from such places one needs to open themselves to what is there. I mean view it with full presence of mind. Leave the baggage at home and open ones self to the beauty and majesty of the experience. It has the power to change your life in ways that seem almost magical.

At the invitation of fellow forum member Icelander I once went to view the California Red Woods with him. He joked about it having a profound effect on me, but it did. I came alive then in many ways that I had been dead. The effect echoes in  my life to this day...and it brought me here...which is an awesome place these days to be sure.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (07/19/09 05:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: The Spiritual Power of Place part 3 [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #10705194 - 07/19/09 05:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: The Spiritual Power of Place part 2 [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #10705344 - 07/19/09 06:01 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Of course you don't need special vision to see this "energy" as it is quite obvious to any one inclined to "see".

Not to bust your chops, Hue, but you do realize every single religious and mystical nut has used a variation of this line. On here and M&P, the tally is up to 1078.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: The Spiritual Power of Place part 2 [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10705362 - 07/19/09 06:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

It doesn't matter. Do you deny that places on the Earth all change perception? That is pretty basic actually. If I go to the bank it affects me differently than if I go to the library. Nothing new age there. The energy I perceive at the bank is clearly different from the library's energies. Today I stood in a place that looked like the edge of creation, and it affected me accordingly.

--------------------

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#10705368 - 07/19/09 06:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

When large numbers of people are all independently claiming the same thing, I take that as an indicator that they might be onto something. If they were all just nuts, it seems far more likely that their claims and descriptions would be wildly dissimilar.

--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: The Spiritual Power of Place part 2 [Re: laserpig]
    #10705379 - 07/19/09 06:08 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Everything we perceive is just energy that we put into a physical frame of reference. This is just plain boring science. That these energies affect us every one knows....it is just everyday life. Sometimes the effect if profound.

If more people recognized this we would need fewer Walmarts. Places of beauty might be higher priority.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#10705390 - 07/19/09 06:10 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

What I object to is your tautology that those who do not perceive as you do are somehow blind or flawed. This is the common error I am talking about. "Skeptics cannot detect auras because they are of a lower vibrational level."

One can be affected by places without any mysterious 'earth energy' being added to the mix.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#10705403 - 07/19/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

There is no aura to see and anyone who pays attention can see beauty. There is nothing mystical about my post. If we pay attention to such places they impact our awareness...not just me...even you. Belief is not necessary, only that one look. The power is undeniable. Of course this will work with negative places too...like the site of a bomb explosion with scattered body parts. That is also powerful

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: The Spiritual Power of Place part 2 [Re: laserpig]
    #10705406 - 07/19/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

laserpig said:
When large numbers of people are all independently claiming the same thing, I take that as an indicator that they might be onto something. If they were all just nuts, it seems far more likely that their claims and descriptions would be wildly dissimilar.

Really, You have never heard of the power of suggestion? I went to the 'power spots' in Sedona and while beautiful, felt nothing extraordinary.

As always, I back my position entirely (unlike anyone else here.) I will wager (you fill in the blank - $$$) that blind people brought to random spots with a 'power spot' mixed in will be unable to detect them without physical cues from either another person or nature (sound of waves breaking, waterfall, etc.)

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#10705412 - 07/19/09 06:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

There is no aura to see ...

Sorry to hear that you are so locked in as to be unable to perceive such energy. :pirate:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#10705416 - 07/19/09 06:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Those who do not see what I am discussing just did not look or go to the place. If you had been with me today I guarantee that it would have commanded your whole attention just standing in that place. I could easily demonstrate as this place is close to where I live. Any visitor could go there. Then you would tell me that this had no effect on your consciousness? Right.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#10705442 - 07/19/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, I was a nature photographer for a long time and a major remote wilderness hiker. But what I call visual impact is what I call visual impact. No more; no less.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#10705447 - 07/19/09 06:25 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Has it ever occurred to you that a place of great beauty or great ugliness is powerful? Power spots are not magical...they are just places.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#10705448 - 07/19/09 06:25 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

For the record, I love your 'Easter Island' cliff photo! :thumbup:

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#10705459 - 07/19/09 06:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

So you do agree that blind people will be unable to detect such places? Case closed.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#10705464 - 07/19/09 06:29 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I get way more than visual impact. I absorb the look, smell, sounds, tactile sensations of wild places. It inspires me and makes me want to act and do things. So, I act on this. This simple concept has really helped me to be more aware and my life has changed from it for the better. If all you get is visual impact maybe you need medical attention...lol. Your other senses and your ability to process emotions might be impaired.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#10705473 - 07/19/09 06:33 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

If all you get is visual impact maybe you need medical attention...lol

Yoo hoo, oh DeCypher...

What you state is very profound. Those places that effect you deeply are those places that effect you deeply.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#10705475 - 07/19/09 06:33 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
So you do agree that blind people will be unable to detect such places? Case closed.

The blind can perceive with the other senses...and powerfully. Case open.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#10705488 - 07/19/09 06:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Despite your declaration, you will fail to accept my challenge. (I get so tired of being right all the time. *sigh*)

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#10705492 - 07/19/09 06:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
For the record, I love your 'Easter Island' cliff photo! :thumbup:

We got the Easter Island shit going on around here quite nicely I think.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate