Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecam4eva
lostsoul
crazy mushroom like experience with 5htp
    #10699385 - 07/18/09 12:45 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

well guys about 6 months ago i decided itd be fun to take 30 100mg 5htp capsules over the course of six hours. well after about 20 or so i noticed i was in a super positive mood and really social. After i took the 30th capsule i threw up for like 10 minutes and when i stopped my whole perception had changed. I felt like i was on e and mushroom. Everything was so clear i felt intune with god everything looked so different. What was this that i experienced? Could it have been seratonin syndrome? It lasted a good hour.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: crazy mushroom like experience with 5htp [Re: cam4eva]
    #10699417 - 07/18/09 12:56 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yeh quite possibly lol, the lengths some people will go to to get high is pretty surprising sometimes... your only supposed to take 1 or 2 a day as a supplement. They never had much of a noticeable effect for me but then again I wasn't taking 30 at a time haha.

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: crazy mushroom like experience with 5htp [Re: MindFood]
    #10699433 - 07/18/09 01:00 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

well if you feel fine right now then you probably don't have seratonin syndrome because if im not mistaken thats when your brain looses the capability to reproduce seratonin and you experience acute depression and anxiety....

it was probably just like being on E because it had the same effect...Interesting..I take 5 htp for anxiety but never more than 300 mg maybe ill have to dose it up ha

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: crazy mushroom like experience with 5htp [Re: JackofSpades]
    #10699470 - 07/18/09 01:09 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JackofSpades said:
well if you feel fine right now then you probably don't have serotonin syndrome because if i'm not mistaken that's when your brain looses the capability to reproduce serotonin and you experience acute depression and anxiety....

it was probably just like being on E because it had the same effect...Interesting..I take 5 htp for anxiety but never more than 300 mg maybe ill have to dose it up ha

That's not the definition of serotonin syndrome, it's when the serotonin levels in your brain reach a dangerously high level due to excessive drug use or dangerous combinations of drugs such as MDMA and a MAOI.

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: crazy mushroom like experience with 5htp [Re: MindFood]
    #10699517 - 07/18/09 01:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

hmmmm...wonder what I was thinking of then

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: crazy mushroom like experience with 5htp [Re: cam4eva]
    #10699521 - 07/18/09 01:24 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

cam4eva said:
well guys about 6 months ago i decided itd be fun to take 30 100mg 5htp capsules over the course of six hours. well after about 20 or so i noticed i was in a super positive mood and really social. After i took the 30th capsule i threw up for like 10 minutes and when i stopped my whole perception had changed. I felt like i was on e and mushroom. Everything was so clear i felt intune with god everything looked so different. What was this that i experienced? Could it have been seratonin syndrome? It lasted a good hour.

SS doesn't make you feel good, but what you experienced euphorically was probably similar to MDMA. That was really fucking retarded thing to do. How many threads do I have to read today about people taking unabuseable drugs in extreme excess to get high and very possibly putting their lives in jeopardy of a miserable death

I know it takes some people to grow up faster than others, but dude, stop being fucking stupid because all you are going to do is hurt yourself, your family, and put things in the news that are going to draw attention to places, people, and items that do not deserve or need to be taken off the shelf by some fucktard puppet politician. You may think one death is nothing, but it only took one headline death in the  Netherlands for them to decide they need to ban magic mushrooms all together.

I am sorry if I am coming off harsh or rude. I am going to assume you are usually much smarter than this and are here to learn about harm reduction and educate yourself on psychedelics and hopefully other drugs and drug policy, but dude, just grow the fuck up.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules