Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekbone
enthusiast
Re: Filling jars half way?
    #10632 - 04/02/00 08:00 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

You can fill them up until it hits the part of the jar where the rings are. you can just put verm on top of that for a protective layer :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Filling jars half way? [Re: kbone]
    #10634 - 04/02/00 08:05 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

yep you can but you run the greater risk of contamination. woooooo nasty smelly infections..

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Loc: Somewhere in Northeast OH
    #10635 - 04/02/00 08:19 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the replies. Just to make shure that you know exactly what I am planning on doing.

*Fill my jars half way with my verm/brown rice
*leave the other half air
*use the ramsey seal putting aluminum foil on the top pushing down on the inside to form a cup.
*fill this cup with dry vermiculite.
*pressure cook
*allow to cool
*squirt the spores all over, then reseal.

I am wondering if this will work? will my jars survive the pressure cooker? will the space left unfilled help mycelum grow faster? any suggestions will help. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Humidity (edited April 02, 2000).]

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

Anonymous

#10636 - 04/02/00 08:34 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

You might as well fill them up all the way to where the threads begin on the jars. If your using the Ramsey seal tech your going to be safe doing that. I've innoculated and successfully colinated 50 jars now using the Ramsey seal tech with only one lost to cobweb. There is no reason to fill to only half way when you stand a better chance with full jars and you'll have more substrate for more mushrooms to grow.
on.

------------------
Trying to rationalize with an irrational person, is in itself irrational!

OfflineoOjonahOo
addict
    #10637 - 04/04/00 09:16 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't have enough distilled water, thus not enough verm./ brown rice substrate mix, and so I only filled my jars up about 3/4 the way up. I also used the ramsey seal. My problem later was that the 1.5 inch needle didn't reach into the substrate so I ended up just squirting the spore water on the top of the cake. It looked like it was going all the way down though, so I don't know how much this affected the outcome.

By the way, due to other reasons, probably defective spores, there is no mycelial growth at all. boohoo.

--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds