Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
Very few drug users to be found
    #10627933 - 07/06/09 12:37 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

~ It seems lately there are very few people/friends around me that do drugs. I know this isn't any definitive measurement of good personalities or world views, but it certainly helps when hanging out--especially with new people. Friends are only as close as their deepest trip.

It's so frustrating at times, to be out and about, high as a fucking kite, and look around the vicinity only to see that everyone in sight is sober as a priest. I'm somewhat content with altered insights, a glowing solar plexus, a nose full of something yummy, my buzzing-whirling-headspin. But it needs other people for full effect!

It's agreed that there is a time and a place for everything, but the time to do drugs shouldn't be reserved only for pot and a few drinks just on the weekends (that is worse than married couples putting missionary sex on their to-do list). I want to hang around people who push the envelope and don't mind their pupils being stretched a bit. I used to have these folks around, but after several life changes in different directions I find myself around too many sober people.

Just thought I would share.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Very few drug users to be found [Re: Arden]
    #10627938 - 07/06/09 12:39 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

they have jobs? :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
Re: Very few drug users to be found [Re: learningtofly]
    #10627949 - 07/06/09 12:42 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nevermind...

Edited by Arden (07/06/09 12:43 AM)

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #10627950 - 07/06/09 12:42 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I personally would be extremely bored out of my mind if the only people to hang out with were sober. I am sort of experiencing a similar situation as yours right now, it seems to me that after high school, many people's interest in drugs seems to wane a bit, and these are probably the same people that got high in order to fit in, and not because they liked getting high.

Us drug users are out there, though, you just have to look harder! :wink:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #10627957 - 07/06/09 12:44 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Arden said:
Quote:

Who is they?

its implied that they're the people you previously referenced.

Quote:

Why can you not take the time to capitalize the beginning of a sentence?

It does not effective the message being given, this is not formal, and I don't feel like it.

Quote:

Why is there an automatic association between having an occupation and an individual's drug usage?

if one has a job one might want to be sober in order to do it. Going to work = less time out of the day to be on various drugs, i think you can get the rest

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10627970 - 07/06/09 12:48 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Going to work = money = more drugs.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#10627988 - 07/06/09 12:52 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

sober people can suck at times! 

world needs more daring psychedelic users :strokebeard2:

some drug users suck too :thirdeyeani: but stoners seem to be open minded usually :zoom:

close minded people suck!! with or without drugs :syringe:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Very few drug users to be found [Re: skatealex2]
    #10628000 - 07/06/09 12:54 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, doing drugs doesn't necessarily make you cool, but not doing drugs makes you a fag. :smirk:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleJewelessCaesar
Shroomery's Legal Department
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Petros-Joyner, TN, USA Flag
Re: Very few drug users to be found [Re: Poid]
    #10628045 - 07/06/09 01:07 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Yeah, doing drugs doesn't necessarily make you cool, but not doing drugs makes you a fag. :smirk:

hahaha :homo: rofl

--------------------
Failure is not an option, it's an adventure! - JewelessCaesar

InvisibleMysterium Fidei
Resident Alien
Male

Loc: Sonoma/Mendicino County, ...
    #10628058 - 07/06/09 01:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

if one has a job one might want to be sober in order to do it. Going to work = less time out of the day to be on various drugs, i think you can get the rest

Most people I've meet that are seriously into their jobs; totally consumed with that aspect of their life, making money, sucking up to their money handler..etc, are usually (90% of the people I know) not fully adaptable to psychedelic understanding. OP, If that is what your talking about??, if not...never mind...

I find cool people hiking in the woods, or on a beach... I hate meeting people in cities, they're all scurd or some shit...

Personally I'd do as much as I possibly could do to find others I can identify with.

--------------------
"Last chance to evacuate planet Earth before it is recycled".

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Very few drug users to be found [Re: JewelessCaesar]
    #10628059 - 07/06/09 01:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You registered in '06 and you only hve 259 posts? Where have you been, man? :smile:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleJewelessCaesar
Shroomery's Legal Department
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Petros-Joyner, TN, USA Flag
    #10628163 - 07/06/09 01:42 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
You registered in '06 and you only hve 259 posts? Where have you been, man? :smile:

I read alot over and over again before starting to use the threads when I joined! Still don't use them very much lol. Trying to change that and get to know more people in the other forums. Mainly hung out in the mush cult forum. :peace:

--------------------
Failure is not an option, it's an adventure! - JewelessCaesar

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Very few drug users to be found [Re: JewelessCaesar]
    #10628187 - 07/06/09 01:50 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ah, I see.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #10628344 - 07/06/09 03:07 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I could be wrong, but my guess is you are one of the more conservative looking/acting partakers?
People probably just dont think of you as the type.
If that is the case Id recommend going to the local deadhead/hippie bar even if you arent into the scene you will meet some trippers! Not all of them have dreads, beards and patchwork pants.

Even in podunk redneck towns I usually find the only other trippers but Im a little more on the obvious end of the spectrum.

Edited by MisterMuscaria (07/06/09 03:16 AM)

Offlinejustinsanity
Sanityinjust
Male User Gallery

Loc: Projection Room Flag
Re: Very few drug users to be found [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #10628510 - 07/06/09 05:05 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think people would even think I smoked weed. When you talk to someone for a while you can tell if they do certain drugs usually. Then again there's the people you just know by looking at them. I like having the ability to blend in. I'm the chameleon of the dug community. My room is definitely a giveaway with my art, backlights and guitar.

--------------------

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Very few drug users to be found [Re: justinsanity]
    #10628523 - 07/06/09 05:16 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I dont see any sense being any other way than how I wanna be. I could try to "blend in" but Id feel like I was just trying to be someone else.
Even if I cut off all my hair and dressed like a choir boy people would still offer me drugs due to the way I speak and my mannerisms.

I dont fool anyone anyway, why bother trying?

Offlinenickc
Psyche-dult
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, VIC
    #10628559 - 07/06/09 05:45 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:

You have like 15 posts each day every day!  That's intensely huge!  Hahaha he is the other extreme but wow that's a lot of posts.

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #10628708 - 07/06/09 07:16 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Arden said:
Friends are only as close as their deepest trip.

that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever read before.  if you need drugs to get along with people or make friends something is seriously up with your social skills.  if your friend base is ONLY made up around drug use and drug users.. well I guess you have a few problems to work out.

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: Very few drug users to be found [Re: zSDMF]
    #10628711 - 07/06/09 07:19 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zSDMF said:
Quote:

Arden said:
Friends are only as close as their deepest trip.

that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever read before.  if you need drugs to get along with people or make friends something is seriously up with your social skills.  if your friend base is ONLY made up around drug use and drug users.. well I guess you have a few problems to work out.

I was gonna chime in something similar, but you saved me the effort :grin:.

Seriously, that is a pretty fucking warped view on life. Drugs are just chemicals, life is what you make of it.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: Very few drug users to be found [Re: Cepheus]
    #10628801 - 07/06/09 08:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Sadly, that's a common take among younger trippers.

Many times, younger trippers assume that only the people who take their drugs, look like them, or listen to their music are as "enlightened."

It's like the blind leading the blind.

It's all good though.

I guess it's all just part of growing up.

I thought I had life by the balls when I was 19 too.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom