Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHiddenIdentity
My real name is John Doe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Your moms house.
incubation temp question...
    #10624072 - 07/05/09 10:16 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, so I am going to be leaving the house for about 3 days.  I dont want to leave my AC (window unit) run constantly for those 3 days to keep the temps around 80 (top of my closet with door closed). 

It is going to be 87-93 for the next 3 days.  Will it get hotter in the house?  If I leave the jars on top of my dresser (where it will be the coolest) do you think they will SURVIVE?  I know it will not be optimal, but neither will my electricity bill if I leave the ac running...

I know from searches that this kind of question has been asked before, but my main concern is that it will get a lot hotter in the house....  Im about to leave in a few hours, so any input would be appreciated!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: incubation temp question... [Re: HiddenIdentity]
    #10624088 - 07/05/09 10:21 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

It is going to be 87-93 for the next 3 days.  Will it get hotter in the house?

No one can answer this question but you. That is getting too warm for mycelium but it will survive. In the house it should be cooler than that anyways.

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

"The Universe is an artistic catharsis." Artifex Infinitum

OfflineHiddenIdentity
My real name is John Doe
Male User Gallery

Re: incubation temp question... [Re: AlexP]
    #10624184 - 07/05/09 10:50 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, I didnt know, I thought it would be hotter in the house...  kinda like the inside of a car on a hot day.  If you think its gonna be cooler, I guess I can take the chance, and just leave them.  :muslimprayer:

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

#10624198 - 07/05/09 10:54 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

If you live in the USA I think the houses are temp. isolated. That's for both cold and heat.

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #10624228 - 07/05/09 11:05 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

FYI it's coolest next to the floor not up on top of your dresser. put them in something clean and keep them in the lowest part on the house until you feel more comfortable.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Re: incubation temp question... [Re: hyphae]
    #10624248 - 07/05/09 11:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FYI it's coolest next to the floor not up on top of your dresser. put them in something clean and keep them in the lowest part on the house until you feel more comfortable.

:thumbup:

Warm air rises.

--------------------

Offlinelittleapplemm
Mysterious Creature
Male

Loc: MN
Re: incubation temp question... [Re: AlexP]
    #10624307 - 07/05/09 11:24 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You could also always put them in your fridge for the 3 days you're gonna be gone.  However, it will take them a day or two to "wake up" and resume colonization.

--------------------
Taco Bell tastes better with bike grease!
----------------------------------------------
See what projects I'm working on here

OfflineHiddenIdentity
My real name is John Doe
Male User Gallery

Re: incubation temp question... [Re: littleapplemm]
    #10624657 - 07/05/09 12:48 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yea, thats why I was going to take them out of the top of my closet.  I just didnt want to put them on the floor because they say the bottom 3 ft has the most germs.  I didnt think about putting them in my glovebox on the floor though.

This is my first time actually getting mycelium to grow, out of 3 other tries.  I just wanna make sure they work this time!  Ive been waiting for about 3 mo. since my mind blowing trip to grow my own....  ($50-$80 an eight around here and nobody ever has any...  :grrr: )

Offlinetajmahal420
Stranger than some....

#10624707 - 07/05/09 12:57 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Do you have a window that you would feel comfortable leaving cracked while you're gone?  If so, you could put a fan in front of the window, drawing in fresh air.  That'll knock the room's temp down at least a few degrees.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies