Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblackstatis
sycoknot

Check me out. (An FC "how am i doing")
    #10603183 - 07/01/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

so i've made it this far, with the help of this wonderful community and i thank you for it.  I am trying to be patient and am in no rush to get mushrooms, but would like to hear a little from you great growers out there about my set up. 

this is my fruiting chamber, I have a "daylight" 6500k 2ft fluorescent tube about 2 feet above my shotgun style FC.  the lid is in 3rds with a 1/3rd clear strip down the middle and smoked clear on the sides.  sitting on 1 inch wood strips to elevate off of the white stand for airflow to hit the holes on bottom. 

the cold air humidifier i have hooked up to it with dryer ducting, is used for FAE.  i have a timer that is set on 4 hour intervals to run for only 2 mins at a time, to achieve an even 6 times per day FAE.  i have tested the humidifier to only produce a 60% humidity level in one of these containers, so i have 4-5 inches of perlite on the bottom to aid.  i also used the clear plastic holes i cut out for my glove box to make flaps that open when the humidifier turns on and close when the air flow stops sealing the otherwise large hole.

these are my first set of fruited cakes.  they have been in the chamber for a week now and are showing no sign of pinning.  the mycelium however looks to be going strong.  the back 6 are penis envy and the front 3 are puerto rican.

i dunked for 24 hrs in natural spring water and rolled in baked verm.  for the first 4 or 5 days i would spray a little heavy and i now have read enough to make me want to cut back to almost no spraying at this point.  i heard it can damage that exposed mycelium.

these are my puerto ricans, you can see that the mycelium has mostly clouded the view of the verm "casing" from rolling and then is extending little fingers and growths on the top and bottom of the cakes.  i also put extra verm on top to serve as a water res, also as a decision from reading and viewing posts. 

This is a blurry pic of my penis envys.  these are also showing "fingers" popping out of the verm layer.  very nice and impressive mycelium growth, but not exactly the preferred growth structures i was looking forward to seeing after a week. 

my temps are a constant 75, humidity ranges 95+ with an even amount of the suggested 6x per day air exchange, with the exception of the additional 1 time per day "check on em" and take the lid off to mist the sides of the tank.  any suggestions would mean alot or if i'm on the right path, a thumbs up would be appreciated too.  hopefully i will see pins, after all it has only been a week.  thank you shroomery community for sharing all of your knowledge.

Edited by blackstatis (07/01/09 12:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefungidungi
The magic maker ~,*,~
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere out there!
Re: Check me out. (An FC "how am i doing") [Re: blackstatis]
    #10603254 - 07/01/09 12:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

lol looks kind like what I got set up! 

--------------------

Today is the same day that tomorrow was yesterday......            -L.W.S

[quote]Madtowntripper said:
LSD will get you through times of no Wheat Thins better than Wheat Thins will get you through times of no LSD.[/quote]

Edited by fungidungi (07/01/09 12:27 PM)

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

#10603291 - 07/01/09 12:25 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blackstatis said:

pretty cool.
but totally unnecessary.
sorry but it had to be said.

ps-you should still open that up and manually fan daily. it will help you induce pinning.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Check me out. (An FC "how am i doing") [Re: prismism]
    #10603346 - 07/01/09 12:38 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I think you need more FAE, honestly. It's a cute setup, I hope you get it tuned in.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlineblackstatis
sycoknot

Re: Check me out. (An FC "how am i doing") [Re: prismism]
    #10603422 - 07/01/09 12:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

prismism said:
Quote:

blackstatis said:

pretty cool.
but totally unnecessary.
sorry but it had to be said.

ps-you should still open that up and manually fan daily. it will help you induce pinning.

i wouldn't be sorry at all.  thanks. i know its overkill, but i felt like really giving it my all to set something up that would be able to leave alone for a while and that would work as best i could set up.  i'll start my new religion called "fanning" today.  thank you again.

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #10603563 - 07/01/09 01:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

so i have 4-5 inches of perlite on the bottom to aid.

To aid? You don't need anymore than that for RH. For FAE you'd be better of just leaving it in a more open space with an oscilating fan... As Prismism said, it's unnecessary. But, pretty cool!

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

"The Universe is an artistic catharsis." Artifex Infinitum

Offlineblackstatis
sycoknot

Re: Check me out. (An FC "how am i doing") [Re: AlexP]
    #10603598 - 07/01/09 01:24 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

AlexP said:
Quote:

so i have 4-5 inches of perlite on the bottom to aid.

To aid? You don't need anymore than that for RH. For FAE you'd be better of just leaving it in a more open space with an oscilating fan... As Prismism said, it's unnecessary. But, pretty cool!

yeah, to aid RH.  the humidifiers only get up to 60%.  i cant have this out in the open though, thats my only problem.  i'll figure something out.

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #10603611 - 07/01/09 01:26 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The poin is, you don't need anything else for the humidity when you have the perlite. I don't know if the energy is cheap where you live but it is unnecessary. It looks really cool though! Don't take me wrong!

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

"The Universe is an artistic catharsis." Artifex Infinitum

Offlineblackstatis
sycoknot

Re: Check me out. (An FC "how am i doing") [Re: AlexP]
    #10603635 - 07/01/09 01:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

the idea behind it was to add an external independent airflow system that wouldn't threaten my environment with the possibility of drying out to much.  i don't run them constantly either.  i have a timer that allows up to 6 settings and i have it only run for 2 mins 6 times a day.  i read that 6 times FAE is desired per day and that you only need to do it for 30 sec.  so i went from there.

Offlineblackstatis
sycoknot

#10720788 - 07/22/09 12:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

so i eliminated the humidifiers.  they just dried my cakes out to much, even on the lowest setting.  it was a good idea, but as posted above, totally not necessary.  however, before i started my process i bought an air purifier to put in the bathroom for inoculation.  i put the air purifier on the shelf above the FC's and put it on the med flow.  in addition to fanning and spraying, that seems to do the trick.  i have produced a small amount, but it is my first time and i still need to tweak.  just adding to this to inform anyone else that may have been in my shoes... don't over do the air thing like i did.

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

#10721299 - 07/22/09 02:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blackstatis said:
so i eliminated the humidifiers.  they just dried my cakes out to much, even on the lowest setting.  it was a good idea, but as posted above, totally not necessary.  however, before i started my process i bought an air purifier to put in the bathroom for inoculation.  i put the air purifier on the shelf above the FC's and put it on the med flow.  in addition to fanning and spraying, that seems to do the trick.  i have produced a small amount, but it is my first time and i still need to tweak.  just adding to this to inform anyone else that may have been in my shoes... don't over do the air thing like i did.

:thumbup:

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix